• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitta93

Banned
Conley the same as George Hill? Kyrie Finals MVP? This isn't even an argument. This is flat out silly.

Kyrie showed out against Curry and more importantly IMO, hit the series winning shot in Game 7. I didn't mind LeBron winning it, just know it wouldn't be a good look on his resume if he didn't for Cleveland's 1st title.

Hill/Conley are damn near the same player.

neptunes

I have Kawhi at 5th best in the NBA. Did I miss the memo or something? He got owned last year and the year before that in the playoffs.

Props to the trash brothers from stepping up. I think that annoys me about Defrozen is how this dude feels like he should get calls when he shouldn't. When Giannis blocked him in one game, he threw a bitch tantrum and again here clean block he whines at the end. STFU and play, we don't need another CP3 lite variation.

Did you clearly miss the last minute of this game? Thon Maker fouled him, and Jason Terry fouled him.

Hitta93

Banned
Kyrie showed out against Curry and more importantly IMO, hit the series winning shot in Game 7. I didn't mind LeBron winning it, just know it wouldn't be a good look on his resume if he didn't for Cleveland's 1st title.

Hill/Conley are damn near the same player.

There is no argument. Lebron was MVP. Lead series in all major statistical categories. Back to back 41 point games and finished game 7 with a triple double and one of the most memorable chase down blocks ever.

Kyrie was not finals MVP. That's laughable.

Conley is much better than Hill. His 3FG% is in the 40s. He barely turns thr ball over. He actually careers a large bulk of the scoring responsibility on his team. His ball IQ is superb. If Conley and Hill have similar games it doesnt mean Conley is not significantly better.

Hitta93

Banned
There is no argument. Lebron was MVP. Lead series in all major statistical categories. Back to back 41 point games and finished game 7 with a triple double and one of the most memorable chase down blocks ever.

Kyrie was not finals MVP. That's laughable.

Like I said, I didn't mind LeBron winning it. Kyrie had a amazing Finals either way.

Conley isn't significantly better, it's already bad enough you think he's better than Kyrie.

I have Kawhi at 5th best in the NBA. Did I miss the memo or something? He got owned last year and the year before that in the playoffs.

Props to the trash brothers from stepping up. I think that annoys me about Defrozen is how this dude feels like he should get calls when he shouldn't. When Giannis blocked him in one game, he threw a bitch tantrum and again here clean block he whines at the end. STFU and play, we don't need another CP3 lite variation.

Demar was clearly fouled twice at the end of the game. Clearly. He whines and bitches for calls a lot the last 2 years though. But in this case he was right.

That's the order with Chuckbrook at number 6. Maybe add the "I've never made a conference final" guy at #7 and leave at that for the cream of the crop in the NBA.

Agreed, there's a noticeable drop off after these 7 guys, although guys like AD and KAT are coming for that top group hard.

Kawhi outside the top 4 is bonkers imo

I can see a debate for Harden v Westbrook for the 5th spot

Westbrook is excellent and this is very close, but if you had to pick one of these guys to take a last shot (or set one of his teammates up for a better shot), which one would you go with? This is hard to answer because Westbrook plays in such a shit team, but Harden just seems like a guy who might be a bigger sure thing.

Far from the truth.

When the time comes for CP3 to be the floor general and lead his team to wins in series that actually matter he is nowhere to be found. He doesnt take over games. He has had huge huge bumbles in pivitol games. CP3 is a player with a great skillset that refuses to step up and dominate with it. MEH.

The series should have determined Harden is clearly better.

Harden is obviouy better than Westbrook.

Like I said, I didn't mind LeBron winning it. Kyrie had a amazing Finals either way.

Kyrie scored a lot. He had a great scoring series. That is his role so I dont hold it against him but this isn't "I dont mind lebron getting it". Kyrie was never ever in the running.

Conley isn't significantly better, it's already bad enough you think he's better than Kyrie.

Yeah he is and again, the value Conley adds to his team is significantly higher than Kyrie. Kyrie cant run an offense. All Kyrie ca do is offense.

And the idea CP3 is better than Kawhi and Kawhi isnt top 5 is insane.

Dynomutt

I know the Cavs defense has been bad but do people really think the Raptors will sweep that Cavs? How? Not taking anything away from the Raps but a sweep come on internet!

Ric Flair

Banned
I know the Cavs defense has been bad but do people really think the Raptors will sweep that Cavs? How? Not taking anything away from the Raps but a sweep come on internet!
Cavs don't have the length that Milwaukee does, they won't be able to limit the raps to under 100 a game like Milwaukee was doing. I think it's going to be a very close series, personally.

Sweep? Lol Cavs gonna win that series. Raps at their best should be able to challenge Cleveland but as todays game showed its a mixed bag of performance all within the same game.

Cavs are no where near as good defensively as the Bucks. But their offense is so devasting. And the raps defend the 3 ball very poorly. If the Raps defend well they can make it an interesting series. But interestimg means Cavs in 6 with 6 close games. Its not going to 7.

Kyrie is so fucking overrated it hurts. He scores in isolation pretty well. That's the main skill where he stands out like crazy. He has never accomplished anything without the best player in the league next to him, and his role on the Cavs is mostly just scoring, a valuable skill, yes, but also not one that is particularly unique in the NBA (arguably the most common one).

He's not better than Wall, he's not better than regular season Lowry, he's arguably not better than IT or Kemba. He's the youngest of them all, so that's ok. And yeah, he's probably the best fit next to Lebron of those names. But he is nowhere near the best point guard list

Yeah, they need to let him average 15FT a game instead of a measly 10FTA as he has in the first four games.

EDIT: Not even top 10 lmao.. ok that's just straight sillyness. Cmon dude....

DeRozan sometimes whines about calls, but so does about every other NBA player. Dude doesn't have beef with any other NBA team as far as I know, is generally pretty quiet, right after he got his max contract immediately went to the gym, and generally isn't anywhere near a CP3 lite

That's the order with Chuckbrook at number 6. Maybe add the "I've never made a conference final" guy at #7 and leave at that for the cream of the crop in the NBA.

Put Giannis and AD right outside, at 8 and 9. 10 is then a scramble between Wall, Butler, PG13, maybe even Draymond, or Conley. I give it to Wall.

Also, replying to Hitta about Kawhi is useless. I hate to say this supporting the Rockets, so hopefully we still win, but I think he changes his opinion in a Spurs - Rockets series

Sweep? Lol Cavs gonna win that series. Raps at their best should be able to challenge Cleveland but as todays game showed its a mixed bag of performance all within the same game.

Cavs are no where near as good defensively as the Bucks. But their offense is so devasting. And the raps defend the 3 ball very poorly. If the Raps defend well they can make it an interesting series. But interestimg means Cavs in 6 with 6 close games. Its not going to 7.

Just because the trash bros think they are prime Kobe half the game doesn't mean the Bucks had good defense.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Rondo is playing next game. Should be interesting

Where are you seeing this?

Rondo isn't sitting out an elimination game

Hi guys.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...mmate-jimmy-butler-dealing-some-knee-soreness

CHICAGO -- The Bulls say Rajon Rondo is out for Friday night's Game 6 against the Boston Celtics as he continues to recover from a fractured right thumb and a torn ligament in his right wrist.

In what way? It's hard to tell if you or anyone here is being 100% serious here.

I mean, I agree, but dude...

EDIT:

I'm gonna quote Matt Bonner for a bit Hitta.

I'd like to talk about sandwiches.

When it comes to sandwiches, the bread is crucial.

And that's why Kawhi Leonard is the MVP.

Thank you.

The end.
For starters, Kawhi is averaging 25.7 points per game ... for the Spurs.

Now, as someone who played for Coach Pop for the last 10 years ... let me put that into a little perspective. The Spurs' system is predicated on one of Pop's favorite sayings: ”Good to great." Translation: Always pass up a merely good shot, or a merely good play, for a great one. Basically — move the ball, make the extra pass, and be unselfish.

And since there's so little ball domination in that system ... it makes it pretty impossible for any one player to put up a huge scoring average. Even Tim Duncan — arguably the greatest power forward to ever play the game — never had a season in which he averaged 25.7. And that's really all you need to know. To me, 25.7 points per game in the Spurs system ... that's like 30 plus on almost any other team.

And that's part of what makes Kawhi's offensive output this year so remarkable.

But even that's only part of it. Kawhi is also top 20 in the league in true shooting percentage. And he's hitting a clean 38% of his threes — which, as long as I'm making the argument ... happens to be better than both Harden and Westbrook. And he's somehow managed to put up almost six rebounds and four assists per game on top of that. Sure, those other guys might have Kawhi beat pretty handily on assists ... but keep in mind that they also have about three times as many turnovers.

Basically, I think we can agree that all of the MVP candidates this year have the offensive side of the ball — your fresh, mouthwatering, gourmet fixings — covered.

In other words, there's a reason he's the reigning two-time Defensive Player of the Year.
Kawhi is the only MVP candidate who consistently makes an MVP-level impact on both ends of the court. He puts up elite offensive numbers ... all while guarding the opposing team's best scorer. He's the guy we want to take the big late-game shot ... and the guy we ask to make the big late-game stop.

I don't agree Kawhi is MVP, although a part of me likes his case more than Westbrook's. He's had to save the Spurs' asses far too many times this season for me to say that the Spurs are good without him.

Not even making fun of you or anything, legitimately trying to help you understand this.

LionPride

Banned
Please my friend, just have a respectful discussion. Just because I won't agree with you doesn't mean Kawhi is top 5.

You called him a Role Player.

A Role Player.

A role player is someone like Matt Bonner for the Spurs before he retired, Zaza, Cory Joseph

Not one of the best basketball players in the world

Not an all universe Defender

Not an All NBA PLAYER

Not a DPOY

Not his team's leading fucking scorer

Not the fucking reason his team has won any playoff games

Not the player averaging 32 points in the fucking playoffs rn

Hitta93

Banned
Haha what? Offensively the Spurs run their offense through Kawhi... Defensively he can lock down any 1-3 ...
The offense doesn't run through Kawhi, it's a team effort. His role isn't much different from Curry's.

You called him a Role Player.

A Role Player.

A role player is someone like Matt Bonner for the Spurs before he retired, Zaza, Cory Joseph

Not one of the best basketball players in the world

Not an all universe Defender

Not an All NBA PLAYER

Not a DPOY

Not his team's leading fucking scorer

Not the fucking reason his team has won any playoff games

Not the player averaging 32 points in the fucking playoffs rn
He is a role player. Elite 3/D guy who isn't a bad isolation scorer as well.

LionPride

Banned
The offense doesn't run through Kawhi, it's a team effort. His role isn't much different from Curry's.

He is a role player. Elite 3/D guy who isn't a bad isolation scorer as well.
1. The offense runs through Kawhi, most definitely

2. Name me a role player that can completely take over a game and be the team's leading/best scorer and best defender by a country fucking mile who is one of the best Two way players in the fucking league

1. The offense runs through Kawhi, most definitely

2. Name me a role player that can completely take over a game and be the team's leading/best scorer and best defender by a country fucking mile who is one of the best Two way players in the fucking league

Wait, he just called Curry a role player, given that Curry has a similar role to Kawhi but his defense isn't even close to being as good

LionPride

Banned
Wait, he just called Curry a role player, given that Curry has a similar role to Kawhi but his defense isn't even close to being as good
Ah you right, I guess the two time MVP(should be one but whatevs) is just a role player as well

Maybe Hitta doesn't know what the hell a Role Player is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom