• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase17

giphy.gif

Pierce will be missed :(

At least it didn't end in Utah?

Blake is a free agent so the Clipps might have missed the opportunity to trade him.

I think Ballmer had to fire Doc, or at the very least strip him of the president title and bring in and empower a good, smart front office. As much as I think Blake is done and probably Amare in NY status, the pressure to resign him and Chris Paul is going to be enormous. They just don't have a lot of flexibility otherwise.

Blake is a free agent so the Clipps might have missed the opportunity to trade him.

I think Ballmer had to fire Doc, or at the very least strip him of the president title and bring in and empower a good, smart front office. As much as I think Blake is done and probably Amare in NY status, the pressure to resign him and Chris Paul is going to be enormous. They just don't have a lot of flexibility otherwise.

I liked Amare in his first year in NY. but yeah after he got injured again in New York he was never the same.

TTG

This is what happens when your second best offensive player is Austin Rivers and your only defender on the perimeter who can actually stay on the floor is 5'8.

Redick was erased for all but one game in a way that would make even Kyle Korver cringe. DJ was up and down and not good enough defensively. The rest of their players are a disaster brought to you buy Doc Rivers and losing Blake was a mortal wound.

How much more exposed can Rivers be before someone tells him he can stay and coach if he wants, but he has to get the fuck out of the front office? Ingles is literally right there in your face. How many more Jeff Greens, Spences Hawses, and Brandon Basses do you have to go through?

Congrats to the Jazz. Let's see how keeping GSW under 105 works out for you.

They were a worse team.

Yup, Jazz are a damn good team this year. Clippers had the best player, sure, but the Jazz were way more versatile.

Rooting for you guys in the next round, even if it's a little disgusting to do so. Honestly, early on in the season when the Rockets in 4th seemed likely, I thought a Rockets-Jazz matchup would be seriously ugly and competitive and fun. On the off-chance that the Jazz do beat the Warriors, a Rockets-Jazz WCF would be amazing

Mindman

Only caught the fourth quarter. Hell yes Jazz!!

The only thing better than the Jazz making it to the playoffs and winning a series is the Clippers losing.

Amen.

Game 7 road win 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

3 road wins in the series for the Jazz. Crazy awesome. 2 home losses is concerning though... hoping they don't get routed too badly by the Warriors. I think they can get a couple wins at least.

Yup, Jazz are a damn good team this year. Clippers had the best player, sure, but the Jazz were way more versatile.

Rooting for you guys in the next round, even if it's a little disgusting to do so. Honestly, early on in the season when the Rockets in 4th seemed likely, I thought a Rockets-Jazz matchup would be seriously ugly and competitive and fun. On the off-chance that the Jazz do beat the Warriors, a Rockets-Jazz WCF would be amazing
Thanks man. Been enjoying your posts, I like that you know so much about a team you aren't a fan of. Good general NBA knowledge.

Whatever happens next I'll be satisfied with the season. But it'd be cool to steal a game or two and not getting blown out would be nice.

Thanks man. Been enjoying your posts, I like that you know so much about a team you aren't a fan of. Good general NBA knowledge.

Whatever happens next I'll be satisfied with the season. But it'd be cool to steal a game or two and not getting blown out would be nice.

Malonesetthemostridiculousillegalscreenofalltime.

AndHakeemwouldhavecrushedtheBulls,likehealwaysdid.

Ballmer should move the team to Seattle.

That's been the Pacers for 15 of the last 20 years. It's not a bad place to be.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-to-happen-within-the-next-year-or-two-years/

October 25, 2016

Speaking at the GeekWire Sports Tech Summit at Safeco Field, Ballmer, the former CEO of Microsoft, said there have been no talks about NBA expansion at the owner level and that Seattle’s quickest hope for an arena might involve bringing hockey here first. Ballmer had partnered with entrepreneur Chris Hansen on his Sodo District arena project but left that group two years ago to buy the Clippers for $2 billion.

“It’s just not likely to happen,” Ballmer told those attending the conference. “There has been no discussion about expansion since I have been involved with the league. So, I don’t think that will happen. The league has really moved to favor teams staying in their current markets. You’d have to find a team that’s at the end of their (arena) lease, where it looks hard to build an arena and where they’ve tried really hard to build an arena.

“And you’d have to show that an arena can get built in Seattle,” he added. “Because unlike most other cities that build an arena before they have a team, I don’t think an arena is going to get built here before a team comes here unless it gets done in the context of hockey.”
Ballmer added he is committed to keeping the Clippers in Los Angeles and has no plans to ever move them here.

“The Clippers are not going anywhere — ever,” he said. “I will die owning the L.A. Clippers.”
Ballmer said he’s been to one hockey game in 40 years and has no interest in becoming an NHL owner.

“I think hockey’s a great sport, but it’s not my sport,” he said.

https://www.geekwire.com/2016/steve-ballmer-nba-sonics-seattle/

Before he purchased the Clippers for a whopping $2 billion, Ballmer had a previous history with the NBA. He was part of an ownership group that tried to keep the Sonics in Seattle in 2008. He then became a part of hedge fund manager Chris Hansen’s team that is trying to build an arena in Sodo.

He met with NBA commissioner Adam Silver and told him Seattle and L.A. would be his preferred markets. The Milwaukee Bucks were available at the time, so Ballmer gave that team a look, but a deal never materialized.

“I like L.A. It’s not a bad place to go spend some time in the winter,” Ballmer said. “So we’ll keep our home here, we’re commuting down. The Clippers are not going anywhere, ever. I will die owning the L.A. Clippers in Los Angeles.”

He is planning to move them to a new arena in Inglewood though

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rtedly-discussed-moving-clippers-to-inglewood

Representatives for Los Angeles Clippers owner Steve Ballmer and Los Angeles Rams owner Stan Kroenke have reportedly engaged in conversations about moving the Clippers to Inglewood, California, alongside the Rams and the newly minted Los Angeles Chargers.
Kevin Arnovitz of ESPN reported last July the Clippers' status as the "third tenant" of Staples Center behind the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Kings had become "tiresome." Moving to their own facility would allow for greater freedom to generate financial revenue.
"When you have seven or eight years left on your lease...you'd better have an option than just going back to your current landlord hat in hand, saying, 'Please, please sir, please give me the chance to play in your building again," Ballmer said. "So, yeah, we're going to have real options. We're sort of putting those options together today."

He added: "If you want to build a new building, you can’t come up with that idea six months before the start of the season and sign a contract. There's a long period that would be required to put a site together, get it permitted et cetera. So, we're out now evaluating options."

Iirc, the Clippers, even with their 2nd or 3rd fiddle status, make so much money off of being in LA that it is still more profitable for them to be there.

So what is the Jazz game plan for the Warriors?

On paper? Gobert prevents paint points, Ingles + Hayward + Hill do a pretty damn good job of shutting down perimeter shots. Ingles has to guard KD, worst mismatch tbh. Gobert's ability to cover two players while in the paint is going to be huge.

I seriously think, the Jazz are as good as you can get in terms of matching up with the Dubs defensively, without a super star. The main question is whether their offense can get going against the Warriors defense. If it can't, that lets the Warriors score in transition, shoot open 3s, etc. and just ruins it all for them.

Warriors do a good job at stopping one man wrecking balls. They need a combination of Hood, Favors, Gobert, Hayward, Joe Johnson, Hill all going off. Luckily, all of those players are good at both scoring and also passing the ball when they don't have a good shot. Good scoring games from the Jazz, and I think they can take games off.

Another major thing about this Warriors team is that blow-outs can't get the team down. The Warriors WILL blow out your team once or twice a series, for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom