• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Kobe's last game was at Staples where he ended his career with a W (against the Jazz) in a game that was a microcosm of his career, for the only team he ever played for.

BANG

Wheelchair Paul's last game was at Staples where he ended his career with a L (against the Jazz) in a game that was a microcosm of his career, for one of several teams he ever played for.

WHIMPER

❤️❤️❤️ the Basketball Gods.

Kobe's last game was at Staples where he ended his career with a W (against the Jazz) in a game that was a microcosm of his career, for the only team he ever played for.

BANG

Wheelchair Paul's last game was at Staples where he ended his career with a L (against the Jazz) in a game that was a microcosm of his career, for one of several teams he ever played for.

WHIMPER

❤️❤️❤️ the Basketball Gods.

Pierce still played his last game next to CP3

Pierce still played his last game next to CP3

K. In the years since the Lakers didn't get that trade approved, no one got a chip out of those two but hey, teammates!

I for one, am still waiting for all those chips Dwight was supposed to win he ran to Houston. 🤔🤔🤔

Draymond was soooooo right when he shat on Wheelchair P. Good riddance.

Didn't he just negotiate a cba where he's eligible for like 200 mil when resigning? I don't know if the Spurs have that kind of cap space even if it's a sign and trade, if that's allowed.

Spurs are pretty capped out since in all likelihood pau will pick up his 15 million dollar option

Tommy DJ

Yes, if he's going to get paid mad money if he stays with the Clippers. The only way he ends up on the Spurs, which already have some contract issues this off season (Gasol/Mills), is if he wants to win a championship really badly and wants to get paid nothing to get it.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-to-happen-within-the-next-year-or-two-years/

October 25, 2016

https://www.geekwire.com/2016/steve-ballmer-nba-sonics-seattle/

He is planning to move them to a new arena in Inglewood though

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rtedly-discussed-moving-clippers-to-inglewood

Iirc, the Clippers, even with their 2nd or 3rd fiddle status, make so much money off of being in LA that it is still more profitable for them to be there.

The Ballmer interview with Bill Simmons was pretty telling. For a huge market team their lease really limits how much they could be making if they had their own arena. They get the shit end of the stick scheduling wise. He really sounds like he wants to build a smaller, basketball centric arena but it will definitely still be in LA. He would be moronic to buy a team for $2 billion and then tank their value by moving them to a smaller market.

Jazz are going to get their ass kicked. It took top 10 player Blake to go down for them to bet them.

Blake isn't a top 10 player in 2017, sorry to say. Maybe top 30 or top 25, imo

The Ballmer interview with Bill Simmons was pretty telling. For a huge market team their lease really limits how much they could be making if they had their own arena. They get the shit end of the stick scheduling wise. He really sounds like he wants to build a smaller, basketball centric arena but it will definitely still be in LA. He would be moronic to buy a team for $2 billion and then tank their value by moving them to a smaller market.

If the Clippers want to make a dent in the LA fandom, they need to try and make it into more of a geography thing. Claim a stake in a certain section of LA

Can't they make a move or two to get enough space? If they deal Parker, let Mills walk and cut Ginobili's salary significantly that would be enough.

It's not just that, CP3 just negotiated a CBA about players staying with their teams due to the advantage those players get. Lebron and CP3, as heads of the NBPA, both need to take the best deals available so as to keep to the "never go under your price" mantra and to agree to that message

LionPride

Banned
Not disagreeing with that either. Only thing holding Blake back is his availability.
That's a pretty big thing. It's the same reason why many don't call Gronk the best TE in the league because when you can't play a full season...a Travis Kelce looks mighty good

Tommy DJ

Rudy Gobert does what the Utah Jazz need him to do: protect the rim, rebound, score high percentage buckets. And he's damn good at it. He also isn't a complete liability like Deandre Jordan can be since he can shoot free throws adequately enough that hacking him isn't a net positive.

Depending on your team, you don't need a wide ranging skillset. Guys like Shaq had a pretty limited skillset but they were exceptional at the stuff they could do. Not everyone needs to be Hakeem Olajuwon.

TTG

Unless you think Blake is washed, what he brings to a team is a lot harder to find than Gobert. GSW are on their way to molding an approximation of Gobert out of Javale fucking McGee. Yea, that's really his middle name.

Unless you think Blake is washed, what he brings to a team is a lot harder to find than Gobert. GSW are on their way to molding an approximation of Gobert out of Javale fucking McGee. Yea, that's really his middle name.

Javale is not going to have another Portland series against Utah, sorry to say

TTG

Javale is not going to have another Portland series against Utah, sorry to say

Oh no, how will the Warriors ever find the points? I like Gobert, he's a freak show for one, is that 9'7 standing reach unmatched? And he's engaged, I wouldn't call him athletic, but he's not a stiff. But Griffin, despite being an outright dumb ass, can dribble and pass like very few at his position can and has other skills besides. He won't be jumping over Perkins again, but if he can stay out there he's very valuable. Just not against Draymond.

Dragun619

The Spurs can't afford CP3. He's the fucking president of the players association he's not taking a pay cut.

Dude, for real. That new rule he helped negotiate for, The Over-38 Rule, basically gives him a max contract of five years, $201 million, if he stays.

Chris Paul can potentially lock in $45 million in guaranteed salary for the season in which he turns 37 years old.

I mean, loved it if he joined the Spurs but yea, There's no way he's gonna pass up guaranteed money for just a shot at a non guaranteed ring with a huge pay cut.

So what is the Jazz game plan for the Warriors?

Jazz Owner: This was a hard fought battle, and we will not stop at advancing past the 1st round...
not at the 2nd rounds, and not at the Conference fi... ::interruption::

Jazz Coach whispers "Warriors are our opponent for round 2"

Jazz Owner: The Jazz have advanced past the 1st round. We should be happy with that. Not everyone gets to advance past the 1st round, just ask the Clippers ;)

LionPride

Banned
Chris Paul will never get a ring, and I think he accepted that back when Josh Smith and Corey Brewer beat his ass while Harden was on the bench

ViciousDS

Banned
Oh no, how will the Warriors ever find the points? I like Gobert, he's a freak show for one, is that 9'7 standing reach unmatched? And he's engaged, I wouldn't call him athletic, but he's not a stiff. But Griffin, despite being an outright dumb ass, can dribble and pass like very few at his position can and has other skills besides. He won't be jumping over Perkins again, but if he can stay out there he's very valuable. Just not against Draymond.

pretty sure Giannis has a better standing reach no?

LionPride

Banned
Lmao who says that I want names

Sport talk radio hosts, me, analysts, etc.

I personally believe that while Gronk could be the best TE of all fucking time off of talent alone, he can't play a full season and that's not good. It's the Embiid situation, dude plays a fraction of the season and has all world talent, but I got someone who is only a bit less than him as a player who can play all 16/82 games for me...they looking mighty good

Tom Penny

Sport talk radio hosts, me, analysts, etc.

I personally believe that while Gronk could be the best TE of all fucking time off of talent alone, he can't play a full season and that's not good. It's the Embiid situation, dude plays a fraction of the season and has all world talent, but I got someone who is only a bit less than him as a player who can play all 16/82 games for me...they looking mighty good
Lies. Find me a bunch of analyst who day Gronk isn't the best tight end in the NFL. I don't know what your talking about. He's already second all time in TDs ... And you compare him to Embiid lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom