• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
Lies. Find me a bunch of analyst who day Gronk isn't the best tight end in the NFL. I don't know what your talking about. He's already second all time in TDs ... And you compare him to Embiid lol

So you can't read, first off, I was talking about myself, second....

If I'm talking about someone, who I said, is the best TE in the league, if not ever, and the only negative, which is fucking major, is the nigga can't stay on the field, in the NBA thread, imma compare him to another fantastic talent in Joel because Joel showed he could be the best C by a mile when he played.

Sport talk radio hosts, me, analysts, etc.

I personally believe that while Gronk could be the best TE of all fucking time off of talent alone, he can't play a full season and that's not good. It's the Embiid situation, dude plays a fraction of the season and has all world talent, but I got someone who is only a bit less than him as a player who can play all 16/82 games for me...they looking mighty good

This post is so dumb I now agree with Hitta about Kawhi.

Tom Penny

So you can't read, first off, I was talking about myself, second....

If I'm talking about someone, who I said, is the best TE in the league, if not ever, and the only negative, which is fucking major, is the nigga can't stay on the field, in the NBA thread, imma compare him to another fantastic talent in Joel because Joel showed he could be the best C by a mile when he played.
I can't read. You literally posted talk show hosts and analyst.. Holy shit you're one of them and you post on GAF !!!

LionPride

Banned
This post is so dumb I now agree with Hitta about Kawhi.

The man has not played in the playoffs a lot, that's a strike

Having injuries for a lot of his career is a big problem, an all time talent at a position who I cannot guarantee will be there for me when I need him the most, or a great talent who I can almost guarantee will be there for me...I'm not gonna look off the second one

I can't read. You literally posted talk show hosts and analyst.. Holy shit you're one of them and you post on GAF !!!

I said analysts, ME, sport talk peeps, have a problem with someone who stays injured,

I then went into my own personal reasons as to why

Nowhere was it said Gronk wasn't an alltime great TE or the best in the league

Boogs31

Dude, for real. That new rule he helped negotiate for, The Over-38 Rule, basically gives him a max contract of five years, $201 million, if he stays.

Chris Paul can potentially lock in $45 million in guaranteed salary for the season in which he turns 37 years old.

I mean, loved it if he joined the Spurs but yea, There's no way he's gonna pass up guaranteed money for just a shot at a non guaranteed ring with a huge pay cut.

I'm certainly no expert on this rule but couldn't he sign a 1 year, max contract with the Spurs this off-season, then sign the 5 year, 201 million dollar deal the year after? He turns 32 this month. If he signs the 1 year deal and then the 5 year deal next off-season when he's 33, he wouldn't be over 38 by the time that contract ends.

Gigglepoo

I'm certainly no expert on this rule but couldn't he sign a 1 year, max contract with the Spurs this off-season, then sign the 5 year, 201 million dollar deal the year after? He turns 32 this month. If he signs the 1 year deal and then the 5 year deal next off-season when he's 33, he wouldn't be over 38 by the time that contract ends.

I'm pretty sure the super max is only for re-signing players. Doesn't work if you change teams.

LionPride

Banned
The hot take machine comes for us all at some point, it was only a matter of time until it took LionPride.
If my hottest of hot takes have to do with me saying sure I'll take this fucking phenomenal talent at TE but I'll give a slightly lesser talent a second look...I'll take that over saying some dumb shit like "Kawhi isn't top 4"

Boogs31

I'm pretty sure the super max is only for re-signing players. Doesn't work if you change teams.

That's why he would sign a one year deal with the Spurs first, then the following year re-sign with them for five years. Again I'm not an expert but would like some clarification as to why that would/wouldn't work.

Kickz

Man none of these 2nd round series look interesting at all
scust.png

That's why he would sign a one year deal with the Spurs first, then the following year re-sign with them for five years. Again I'm not an expert but would like some clarification as to why that would/wouldn't work.

It wouldn't work because instead of re-signing to stay w/ the Clips, he would be leaving his home team and going to the Spurs. The $205M Max deal is only if he stays, not if he leaves.
once he leaves, that deal is off the table. It's money lost.

The deal was intended to retain talent by offering them more than any other team can, and entice/reward them for staying by signing an extension for max money.

A little bit late but:

ghEd5is.jpg

I'm very happy that this image is still so relevant. Chris Paul is such a little shit (although a highly talented one) that I take great pleasure in seeing him fail.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Spurs Rockets series won't be that long.
I think the Spurs switch defense is going to congest the hell out of the Rockets and make them win in the mid range, and they are taking historically low shots from those areas.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Fuck it... this was my championship today... I'll take it. As a Jazz fan, it has been hard these last few years and I feel that Gordon the great will be moving on to the bright lights next year. I am going to appreciate this win and whatever fight we put up against the Warriors. I won't get too low when we lose by 30 and I won't get too excited when we win one game. I haven't been this excited for the team since Malone and Stockton.

Damn those refs sucked today.

Also Jamal Crawford could win a championship if he went anywhere else and was their sixman

LionPride

Banned
The more I think about it, the more I think the Spurs Rockets series won't be that long.
I think the Spurs switch defense is going to congest the hell out of the Rockets and make them win in the mid range, and they are taking historically low shots from those areas.

5 games, one way or another

Man none of these 2nd round series look interesting at all
scust.png
Rockets Spurs and Wiz Celts should be competitive.

I think the Warriors Jazz games will be fun even if my team is hopelessly outmatched.

I could always watch LeBron, I doubt the series itself is very good though.

I'd say it's a pretty average conference semifinals in terms of matchups. We'll see how it goes.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I'm upset because I wanted to see a rondo led bulls team push the cavs in the Ecf and o thought the bucks were damn good before becoming youngins again.

I really don't care about the rockets or the spurs. That series is extra lame with harden shooting 45 free throws a night. Hate he way he plays.

Kickz

Rockets Spurs and Wiz Celts should be competitive.

I think the Warriors Jazz games will be fun even if my team is hopelessly outmatched.

I could always watch LeBron, I doubt the series itself is very good though.

I'd say it's a pretty average conference semifinals in terms of matchups. We'll see how it goes.

I'll give you Rockets vs Spurs, but Wiz v Celts is pointless as both will be swept by Cavs.
skip1.png

effzee

A little bit late but:

ghEd5is.jpg

I'm very happy that this image is still so relevant. Chris Paul is such a little shit (although a highly talented one) that I take great pleasure in seeing him fail.

Is Chris Paul generally disliked and if so why?

Also is Lebron, CP3, and Melo on Clippers happening next season?

Servbot24

Banned

CP3 is apparently a dick at times, I don't really know though

I'd say that if those three ever join it will be in Cleveland. But it will probably never happen.

xfactor99

To make a long story short, you can only get the 5-year/201 mill deal if you have been with your team for 3 years. It's designed that way to incentivize stars to stay with their teams.

If anyone is interested, you can read up on 'Bird Rights' here:
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q34

Chris Paul is an annoying player that plays dirty and yet whines at the refs all the time for little to no reason. There's a lot of plays involving him pushing dudes in mid air, punching fools in the balls or just all around doing weird shit that could get guys injured. He's also a fucking shitbag that can't get anyone to rally around him. I like his play, but dislike everything else about him as human being.

Only if the LA before Clippers now stands for Louisiana (not that that mattered for the Pelicans.... but my point being that only if the Clips were suddenly in the East, as Lebron ain't leaving the comfort of the Eastern Conference)

Chris Paul is an annoying player that plays dirty and yet whines at the refs all the time for little to no reason. There's a lot of plays involving him pushing dudes in mid air, punching fools in the balls or just all around doing weird shit that could get guys injured. He's also a fucking shitbag that can't get anyone to rally around him. I like his play, but dislike everything else about him as human being.

This is what I've always understood as the reason for universal hate CP3. He's made dirty plays an art form the way most greats have made drawing a foul art. But I never understood what purpose the constant complaining serves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom