• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

This shooters + Lebron lineup that Lue goes to is interesting. Offensively it can be ridiculously deadly, but some of these dudes couldn't guard an office chair.

Raptors always chip themselves back into games, and Cavs always blow leads. This shouldn't be too surprising, but it's nice to see Lowry, DeRozan, Powell, PJ Tucker, and Ibaka playing well. That's the core that does it or dies against this Cleveland team (well, JV will be big for Love + TT lineups)

Against the Lebron + shooters lineup, the Raptors do have a decent counter/option if they go Tucker + Ibaka + DeRozan (his role would be to take advantage of mismatches on offense) + Lowry + Powell. All 5 can guard out to the perimeter, and Ibaka is a legitimate big.

Wait, that's the lineup I just listed the first time. Whoops.

Well, if they need more size for that, replace Lowry with Patterson, or DeRozan with Patterson if he's not bringing it defensively. Or Corey Joeseph for the smaller versions of the Lebron + shooters lineups

This shooters + Lebron lineup that Lue goes to is interesting. Offensively it can be ridiculously deadly, but some of these dudes couldn't guard an office chair.

Best way to use Lebron right now. Give him as much spacing as possible. They can score basically at will. Will work for them until....

Would love to see the warriors against this defense.
Won't have to wait for long.God will it be a mess.

Fjordson

Best way to use Lebron right now. Give him as much spacing as possible. They can score basically at will. Will work for them until....

Won't have to wait for long.God will it be a mess.
Yeah, just don't think you can play Deron Williams, Korver and Frye all at the same time against good offenses.

I believe in the Raptors vs Rockets finals.

Cavs vs Warriors is boring :p (although seeing a Lebron + shooters vs 4 of Warriors core 5 + Javale offense only match-up would be super fun, but only for a single game)

Raps would actually be winning if their bench could hit an open shot. Cleveland is gonna live and die by the 3 but their defense isn't winning them the game, the Raps just cant hit anything (fucking patterson).

Lebron's strength is amazing also

I believe in the Raptors vs Rockets finals.

Cavs vs Warriors is boring :p (although seeing a Lebron + shooters vs 4 of Warriors core 5 + Javale offense only match-up would be super fun, but only for a single game)

Anyone that isn't the Cavs coming out of the East won't stand a chance no matter the opponent.

Cavs hit a few 3's out of great ball movement and then they try to Steph and put up contested or off the dribble long 3's in a few possessions in a row. I don't get it.

Yeah, just don't think you can play Deron Williams, Korver and Frye all at the same time against good offenses.

The Cavs found something playing Shumpert. Issue with the Cavs switch is many of their rotation guys just aren't good defenders, never have been. JR has been a good defender before (last playoffs). TT has been pretty good at switching out to the perimeter, but he's no rim protector. Love is good at help defense, decent, but no rim protector. Frye, Korver, and DWill will kill you. Lebron is great. Kyrie seems to believe in switch theory more than Lebron or anyone else.

Shumpert is the main guy asides from Lebron that I could believe in just getting thrown in there and doing a good job, and the Cavs did better when they put him on Paul George.

The problem is how potent Lebron + shooters is offensively, it's fucking ridiculous. But when Lebron is off court, or when the Cavs need stops, Shumpert should be getting minutes.

LeBron just got blocked twice at the rim. Didn't expect that. LOL

And did Patterson just get an assist to Korver!? Lol. Volleyball block to the wrong team.

spyder_ur

Nothing I've seen this half has me feeling any different than I felt before. Cavs in a pretty comfortable 5. LeBron too strong, Toronto too poorly coached and not disciplined enough to take advantage of the Cavs' liabilities.

What an awful close to the half here.

TTG

Something something historically bad defense. I didn't watch the first half, but Kyrie's 5 assists should be worrying for non Cav fans.

So much for Baron Davis considering a comeback, can't beat Shaq in a sprint.

mjp2417

Banned
Nothing I've seen this half has me feeling any different than I felt before. Cavs in a pretty comfortable 5. LeBron too strong, Toronto too poorly coached and not disciplined enough to take advantage of the Cavs' liabilities.

What an awful close to the half here.

Toronto always shits the bed Game 1. I think this series is still Cavs in 6, but it will ultimately be a tough 6 unlike last year's ECF.

LeBron just got blocked twice at the rim.

And did Patterson just get an assist to Corver!? Lol

By Demarre fucking Caroll...

Wow @ that layup by DeMar.

I sometimes forget how beastly he can be on offense. Just wish he could shoot 3's.

TDytGB2.png

$20 says he tries to develop it this summer. That being said, I think him being 6'7'' and able to post up and really take advantage of so many smaller guards has convinced me that he can be efficient doing it, so long as he moves the ball around, and I see the Raptors putting him in the corner more, so if he can just develop a good corner 3 I think he makes his game way better.

DeMarre Carroll needs to be the undisputed substitution for PJ Tucker. Unless they're saving him for the 4th quarter, and don't want him in foul trouble, so he can play as physical as he wants in the 4th.

I hate this rule of only one good commentator per game. Kevin Harlan, Grant Hill, Brent Barry, they're always paired up with meh commentators. I dislike Mark Jackson, but his partnership with JVG (who I like as a commentator) is pretty great, although the pair doesn't hit the highs of a Harlan type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom