• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think the Rockets play fast, just wait until the next round.

I called the spurs a second round exit at best. Watched every single one of their games this year I did not buy into the season record AT ALL.

The clippers, rockets, warriors, hell probably even okc would've ended us. Portland would've even taken us to the brink.

Good start for Houston, but no lead is safe against the Spurs.

Yup, we exploded to start the other match-ups this year against them (although we NEVER shot well from the 3, even on good open looks, in those games), and then got sloppy and let them come back. We've been doing the opposite for the post-season so far, so that gives me hope, but I'm not comfortable yet

Yup, we exploded to start the other match-ups this year against them (although we NEVER shot well from the 3, even on good open looks, in those games), and then got sloppy and let them come back. We've been doing the opposite for the post-season so far, so that gives me hope, but I'm not comfortable yet

Yep this is the first time we have led after the first quarter in the post season. So I'll take it as a good sign

TTG

Aside from Kawhi, the only basket the Spurs starters have is an Aldridge lay up spoon fed him by Kawhi on a break.

Tommy DJ

Aside from Kawhi, the only basket the Spurs starters have is an Aldridge lay up spoon fed him by Kawhi on a break.

Its what I've been saying all year. The Spurs starters offense is complete trash and is often salvaged by the bench. The bench being Patty Mills, Manu Ginobili, Pau Gasol and David Lee.

And well...Manu Ginboli and David Lee aren't having good games right now.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
KEEP IT UP KEEP IT UP

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
A Rockets team shooting >50%, hell, >45%, from the 3, could fucking compete with the Golden State Warriors, holy fucking shit
Well yeah. Any team shooting that well from three can compete. I still take GS in a 3 point shootout. Plus the Warriors D is significantly better than HOU. Would be a fun series for sure though.

Tommy DJ

A Rockets team shooting >50%, hell, >45%, from the 3, could fucking compete with the Golden State Warriors, holy fucking shit

Well that's Daryl Morey's theory isn't it? As long as you outshoot people from both 3 and in the paint, you're never going to lose.

Its definitely a possibility with how Houton runs their offense, they stay hot and if Golden State is consistently cold from 3.

They really planned to have Aldridge being the next Tim Duncan and Timmy being David Robinson
Im sure of it.

Aldridge is just garbage, Aldridge for Amir now

Slizeezyc

Well that's Daryl Morey's theory isn't it? As long as you outshoot people from both 3 and in the paint, you're never going to lose.

Its definitely a possibility with how Houton runs their offense, they stay hot and if Golden State is consistently cold from 3.

The theory is if the Rockets make 18+ 3s at least 3 times in the series, then they at least have a chance to beat GS in those games and then maybe steal one other. Morey has more or less said as much. Obviously the issue is the sample size is so small it makes it hard to pull off. But the Lou Williams trade and such was doubling down on the theory.

Spurs refusing to never play small all season doomed them from the start in this matchup because now even if they go to it (they did for like 3 mins in the first) they won't know how to play. It was a grave oversight by Pop all season, and has been the last couple seasons. He refuses to adapt or at least realize what kind of bigs he has. Kawhi is great enough that maybe they can take one or two, but the Spurs playing this style won't get it done even after the Rockets inevitably cool down. It's the same issue that there was against OKC, just in a slightly altered form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom