• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

megalowho

Tough matchup for the Spurs. Rockets controlling the pace, forcing them into un-Spurs like shots. Gut check time, can't fold at the half.

Slizeezyc

Lee and Dedmon. I could see it. If Lee had a rim protecting big behind him, he would be far better in this match-up

The Spurs shooting 3s and letting long rebounds be the name of the game for defensive rebounds (something Beverley is amazing at) is a terrible idea

Pop called two timeouts specially to yell at DLee. This DLee trope that Pop tried to resurrect all year was foolish because either way he's on the Enes Kanter All-Stars when it comes Playoffs time. He's simply too easy to expose and doesn't provide enough on the other end in any capacity. He doesn't have a skill that's worthwhile for the Playoffs to make up for his very real and easy to expose weaknesses.

The Spurs do not have two bigs to play together right now, it has been shown the last two years in embarrassing fashions once they run into real teams. Doesn't mean they have to gun 3s and worry about long rebounds (this is a silly thing to worry about in the grand scheme of things anyway, but that's neither here nor there), but their defense breaks down just as much with two bigs out there. They can't play the pick and roll two on two because they have no big who is up to that task, and so switching is what ends up happening, and then they're screwed. I like Dedmon as a player, but he's not good enough at making decisions to be the answer either. However, even if he wouldn't fix the pick and roll to make it 2-on-2, at least he's a deterrent of sorts.

Man... I don't like this. This is too easy and feels like fool's gold.

Feels like last year's Spurs beatdown of the Thunder. It's too easy for the Spurs to just dismiss mentally.

I want the Spurs to feel like they had legitimate moments where they played well and were still losing

Hitta93

Banned
The Spurs roster is stacked, stop with that nonsense.

They're not playing well right now.

But if we beat SA, we can definitely beat Golden State.

The Spurs roster is stacked, stop with that nonsense.

They're not playing well right now.

But if we beat SA, we can definitely beat Golden State.

I don't see how this follows at all. I mean I think it's possible Houston can play out of their minds and win if the Warriors go cold for a couple of games. Even then, the Warriors defense won't let Houston beat them at the 3 point line.

random25

How can you let this happen Spurs? I can't believe they got demolished this bad at the half in a playoff game. Pop gonna roast this squad after this.

Say what you want about the Spurs, they have the 2nd best record in the NBA. Rockets are just playing out of their mind atm. I can almost guarantee you guys game 2 will be a barn burner

Guy Incognito‏ @YoungSpreezy 4m4 minutes ago
More
In retrospect, based on this game alone, the Lakers lowest point was betting an entire FA summer on Lamarcus Aldridge.

Damn

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Whoa Aldridge

Dudes a corpse out there

As a Blazer fan, there's a part of me that's happy to be rid of LA. He had his moments for us, but I always thought he was a guy that lacked a solid motor, and he tried to finesse way too much... he just had this way of disappearing... like Tim Duncan, but unlike Timmy.. you didn't look up and see a Double-Double every night like Timmy had.

Bread

Banned
The spurs team is beastly. They have Aldridge, Pau, and then reliable David Lee off the bench? That's top 3 in the league.

As a Blazer fan, there's a part of me that's happy to be rid of LA. He had his moments for us, but I always thought he was a guy that lacked a solid motor, and he tried to finesse way too much... he just had this way of disappearing... like Tim Duncan, but unlike Timmy.. you didn't look up and see a Double-Double every night like Timmy had.

He had that crazy Rockets series, but Portland lost him right as his game style was becoming archaic. It's like with Blake, he's stuck in a limbo, not a stretch 4, not a small ball 5, not a point forward, etc.

J2 Cool

Sidenote, cause this isn't a game right now:

Lebron is the best he's ever been. These first 5 games of his postseason run have been amazing

Kusagari

The Spurs simply can't match up with the great teams in the playoffs because of age. Kawhi alone can't make up for everyone else being a corpse.

Tom Penny

Since this game sucks never forget

On Leonard

With overall skill set, there's no way Kawhi is top 5. He's a role player.

He is a role player. Elite 3/D guy who isn't a bad isolation scorer as well.

On Blake

Blake is a top 10 player, but these random injuries are hurting his value.

On if LMA could drop 35 a game...

He probably could if he were the focal point of the offense like Duncan was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom