• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

TTG

Alright, let's be reasonable:

Patty
Green
Kawhi
Lee/Simmons/Anderson mash unit idk lol
Aldridge

Parker, Ginobili, Pau off the bench. Das it.

Could this be the opposite of what happened to the GSW against the Jazz? In other words, just like how in Game 4, the Warriors had their best night of the postseason (possibly), is it possible the Spurs are just having their worst possible night?

Bill Simmons‏Verified account @BillSimmons 1m1 minute ago
More
If Aldridge can't post up Ryan Anderson then it might be time for him to play in China.

I mean, I was trying to be nice to LA as a fellow Texan, but fuck.

Spurs right now

lvAS5K.gif

Kawhi isn't enough to make up for LMA and the corpses of Parker and Ginobili.

Alright, let's be reasonable:

Patty
Green
Kawhi
Lee/Simmons/Anderson mash unit idk lol
Aldridge

Parker, Ginobili, Pau off the bench. Das it.
You're not playing their most athletic player and big man...

Patty (Parker off bench)
Green (Manu LIMITED minutes off the bench)
Kawhi
Aldridge (with Lee getting ALOT of minutes)
Dedmond (Pau off the bench)

I agree, but please don't act like the same scenario won't most likely happen to Houston too.

6 would be miraculous.

Oh yeah, I agree, but my schtick was always that the Spurs wouldn't get humiliated against the Warriors like the Rockets could be

Tommy DJ

Bill Simmons‏Verified account @BillSimmons 1m1 minute ago
More
If Aldridge can't post up Ryan Anderson then it might be time for him to play in China.

I mean, I was trying to be nice to LA as a fellow Texan, but fuck.

If LMA's shot isn't falling within the first few, he's completely useless offensively and becomes one of the softest big man ever.

This is the dude who got blocked by Vince Carter like 3 times in a row because he's too soft to just dunk it on him.

Is LMA always this bad? Talk to me Spurs fans.

Asides from the odd game every once in a while, yeah. Kawhi was a one-man army, along with the Spurs bench and Coach Pop I guess.

That being said, if this ends up being a blow-out, it sort of bothers me, because you can take blow-outs off of your mind as outlives. I want the Spurs to go on a run and THEN get crushed again.

TTG

You're not playing their most athletic player and big man...

Patty (Parker off bench)
Green (Manu LIMITED minutes off the bench)
Kawhi
Aldridge (with Lee getting ALOT of minutes)
Dedmond (Pau off the bench)

Aldridge isn't viable at the 4. how many times have we seen him isod on Harden and Beverly in the first half, I would venture to say that was 12 points off that. Then the Andersen pick and roll is another 6 at least. Can't do it. He has to be on Capella.

Man, this is what OKC must have felt like after that Game 1 last season. Except the Spurs don't have the talent to turn it around like they did.

Slizeezyc

Aldridge isn't viable at the 4. how many times have we seen him isod on Harden and Beverly in the first half, I would venture to say that was 12 points off that. Then the Andersen pick and roll is another 6 at least. Can't do it. He has to be on Capella.

Yes, and any lineup any of y'all keep hyping up with two bigs in it is not viable. The Spurs do not have two bigs that can play together on this team.

Yes, and any lineup any of y'all keep hyping up with two bigs in it is not viable. The Spurs do not have two bigs that can play together on this team.

Lee and Dedmon. I could see it. If Lee had a rim protecting big behind him, he would be far better in this match-up

The Spurs shooting 3s and letting long rebounds be the name of the game for defensive rebounds (something Beverley is amazing at) is a terrible idea

Aldridge continuous his descent into irrelevance. What a mentally weak player. At this rate he will make the Richard Jefferson deal from a few years back look like a steal.

Outside of that, Houston playing fantastic basketball. Kawhi can't do everything unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom