• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giannis has been a monster both offensively and defensively. I think Paul George, especially in the playoffs, yeah, he should be in the 2nd tier, I agree.

Tall4Life

The Cavs won't be able to handle playoff IT, playoff horCford, playoff Amir, playoff Bradley, playoff Olynyk, playoff GERALD GREEN

we are literally unstoppable

Tom Penny

Ive Already had tons of crow over IT openly so guess you missed that. Either way IT can still drive me nuts for instance his "defense" on rondo. For me at this point I know IT is worth a max, hes certainly earned it, I just dont know if the celts are 1 player away with how they're built. Regardless I'm enjoying this ride while also preparing for the lottery just a few weeks away.

Well if they whiff in Free Agency It's a forgone conclusion they Max IT. I wouldn't put it past Ainge to trade him for the right package. Ainge is going to run into the IT Crowder AB contract situation one way or another.

When I think of guys I want taking the last shot, I see Robert Horry, and then Kyrie. Doesn't mean shit about them being stars

I agree with the principle of what you're saying but Giannis hasn't proven anything yet (and to be fair he is 22 and really shouldnt be expected to). He's an unfinished product with the tools to be amazing but he is more than a few notches below Curry, Durant and Lebron.

CP3 certainly was superstar tier earlier in his career. Right now though he is just a great point guard.

I'll go hard for PG. His regular seasons dont look crazy special by any means but the man comes to ball in the playoffs. And he is a great defender.

Yeah Giannis is going to be great but he isn't yet. He needs a couple more years. Lillard is legit though, give that man some respect

Lillard is a great scorer. I don't think he does much else for his team though. But I watched him score 51 on the Raps last year. Jesus christ the dude is unstoppable when he has it going on.

Mory Dunz

He didn't really do anything, legit foul imo. He made sure it was noticed though.
Yeah, I was saying it was a foul. And Curry should take advantage of it more often

Considering how much he doesn't get the fouls on 3s I can see why he doesn't more often.

Yeah. But it 's a makeable shot for him regardless. Unlike people who just throw it up. Plus maybe complaining about it gets it into refs heads

Gigglepoo

Well if they whiff in Free Agency It's a forgone conclusion they Max IT. I wouldn't put it past Ainge to trade him for the right package. Ainge is going to run into the IT Crowder AB contract situation one way or another.

IT should go if they land a top-two pick. It's going to be mighty hard to trade him now, though.

I agree with the principle of what you're saying but Giannis hasn't proven anything yet (and to be fair he is 22 and really shouldnt be expected to). He's an unfinished product with the tools to be amazing but he is more than a few notches below Curry, Durant and Lebron.

CP3 certainly was superstar tier earlier in his career. Right now though he is just a great point guard.

There's a reason why he's on the 2nd tier.

Imo, superstar means: Lebron, Harden, Kawhi, Curry, KD, and Westbrook. There are arguments for AD (need more playoff success), CP3 (see AD), and Wall.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Crowder is a no brainer at this point, which is funny because prior to the season I felt he was a sure thing. Im still really low on AB. He has stepped up the past few games, but his scoring is still so inefficient and inconsistent. Hes super limited and a big part of his game is built on mid range jumpers off screens, which even if he was consistent with that is an inefficient shot. Not to ention the long stretches of disappearing on d.

Both of these guys also struggle hard to stay healthy which makes it even more difficult to commit to them.

IT should go if they land a top-two pick. It's going to be mighty hard to trade him now, though.

Nah, I see Bradley and Smart gone in that case, sure, but IT, with say Fultz, both running off screens, both can play off ball and on ball? They'll be fine.

There's underestimated value in having veterans, hell, star veterans, to learn from

Jarate

Banned
Remember when I said that IT was a legit top 3 MVP candidate this year, even considering the absolutely ludicrous seasons of Kawhi, Westbrook, and Harden?

Also, bot h the Wizards and Celtics kind of sucked away from home. The Wizards probably blew their best chance at taking the series.

Nah, I see Bradley and Smart gone in that case, sure, but IT, with say Fultz, both running off screens, both can play off ball and on ball? They'll be fine.

There's underestimated value in having veterans, hell, star veterans, to learn from

One of Smart and Bradley could gone, but I don't think both will. I think Brad could put a IT-Fultz-Bradley-Crowder-Horford and it would be so so awesome. All the while getting Yabusele and Zizic soon. My plan then involves trying to sign Hayward, trade someone for a big and maybe go for a star with the other Nets pick. It could happen. It damn well could happen.

There's a reason why he's on the 2nd tier.

Imo, superstar means: Lebron, Harden, Kawhi, Curry, KD, and Westbrook. There are arguments for AD (need more playoff success), CP3 (see AD), and Wall.

CP3 has had all the time in the world to have playoff success. I have pretty much written him out. AD looks to follow Paul's path unless there is some major developments in NO. Wall though, been legit and an Eastern Conference Finals appearance puts him right there for me. Still young too.

Cipherr

Good, fuck Walls arrogant ass
KuGsj.gif

IT feeling himself too, but I can tolerate his bullshit much more than Walls dumbass.

Jarate

Banned
Also if I'm the Celtics and I don't get the #1 overall pick, I'm taking Josh Jackson IMO. He's going to be an exquisite 3&D guy if he develops normally a d those are the type of players teams covet a lot.

CP3 has had all the time in the world to have playoff success. I have pretty much written him out. AD looks to follow Paul's path unless there is some major developments in NO. Wall though, been legit and an Eastern Conference Finals appearance puts him right there for me. Still young too.

AD is 24 and he and Boogie and Jrue started really clicking before they decided to tank the last couple of games in the season. Out of your mind

Also if I'm the Celtics and I don't get the #1 overall pick, I'm taking Josh Jackson IMO. He's going to be an exquisite 3&D guy if he develops normally a d those are the type of players teams covet a lot.

Celtics are not making a move like that if they just think Jackson is a good 3&D guy. If they like Lonzo as a star more, they should take him.

Undisputed Superstars:
Lebron, Curry, KD, Kawhi, Harden, Westbrook

Dicey, but I could see it
CP3, Anthony Davis, John Wall, Giannis

Right underneath the above tier (barely)
IT, Paul George, Butler, Lillard, possibly Conley (really unsure about saying that)

You should split the "Close but no Cigar" star tier into those that may become superstars in the future and those that have most likely peaked and likely will never be undisputed superstars.

So those 2 sub-tiers go:
Young stars: KAT, AD, Giannis(Booker and Embid may join them next year)
Established stars: IT,CP3.PG13,Wall,Hayward,

Indecided on Jimmy Butler and Boogie, they still got a bit of time before they hit their peak.

Tom Penny

Pretty much. 4th pick then shoot me then make a trade..

Jarate

Banned
You do not trade superstars because you have draft picks. IT is the heart and soul of the Celtics and took them to the #1 seed in the east over the big 3 cavs.

Fultz can easily play next to Thomas as a 2 Guard, and hell, he could probably help mentor Fultz as well. The only guys you don't want are guys like Dennis Smith Jr or Frank Nitilininka, aka athletic PG's who can't shoot.

Still very wrong.

#1 seed in the east with a terribly mediocre roster as the lone superstar on the team. Yeah definitely not the case

Tommy DJ

When I think of guys I want taking the last shot, I see Robert Horry, and then Kyrie. Doesn't mean shit about them being stars

Big Shot Rob probably has the wildest NBA career of any role player. I don't think he could have imagined retiring with the third most playoff games played by any NBA player and 7x NBA championships.

It sort of puts the whole HOW MANY RINGS YOU GOT argument into perspective too. Every team he's played with probably wouldn't have gotten a good number of their rings without a last minute shot from Horry.

You do not trade superstars because you have draft picks. IT is the heart and soul of the Celtics and took them to the #1 seed in the east over the big 3 cavs.

Fultz can easily play next to Thomas as a 2 Guard, and hell, he could probably help mentor Fultz as well. The only guys you don't want are guys like Dennis Smith Jr or Frank Nitilininka, aka athletic PG's who can't shoot.
I agree. I mean I think at one point I the fourth they had IT, Bradley, Smart, and Rozier on the floor.

I consistently have been forgetting that KD is even on the warriors since the injury. It feels like Curry took back control of this team since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom