• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
AD has all the talent in the world but I am not convinced what they have in NO is going to pan out. I'll watch and see but as of now where do you see the Pelicans slotting into in the Western Conference that is going to put his playoff feats over Chris Paul? Serious question.

It won't work.

Too much overlap between him and Boogie. Boogie will bounce as soon as his contract is up.

Tall4Life

I dunno, Golden State seems to be a nice place to play and there doesn't seem to be a really obvious Kobe/Shaq ego clash going on. What is a few million in the grand scheme of things when you're already getting paid millions in your salary plus endorsement deals? Better than being on a team that crashes in the 1st round.

The Celtics will beat them once they get Gobert, Hayward, Fultz, Zizic, etc. and then Durant will bounce

AnAnole

No one really gives a fuck. People will bitch because they gon bitch like they bitched when LeBron and Bosh went to Miami. People gon bitch.

The difference is Miami completely blew it up while not being that good in the first place. This is a team that won 73 fucking games without giving up anything of value. A team that would have won their 2nd championship in a row if Draymond Green hadn't decided to kick someone in the nuts for the umpteenth time.

LionPride

Banned
Boston still 100% shouldn't trade. They had success with IT-AB-Smart in the lineup frequently together. Replace AB/Smart there with Fultz and goddamn.
I'm not replacing one of the best peremeter defenders in the league in Bradley. That's something that stays with age.

If I'm Ainge, IT is traded because not only do I want to get younger, I want cap space to sign a Foward who can change my team, a SG that can change my team. You could probably get a couple picks across a couple years and a decent player. C's draft well too

Swapzism

Who's the most entertaining NBA halftime act?

Red Panda (unicycle bowl tosser)
Quick Change
Simon Says guy

Gotta be the Panda?

I just realized that Tristan Thompson recently broke up with Khloe Kardashian.

No wonder the Cavs looked like a beast against the Raptors.
Kardashian curse broken.

Because you're shitty basketball fans with shitty memories.

Remember when everyone hated Durant for wussing out?

I may hate Durant for making the league less competitive but most of the Warriora core is drafted and Durant was in OKC for likw what? 7 years? The dude should be able to go and play wherever the fuck he wants. It's not an asterisk. The Warriors still actually have to go out there and win the title.

LionPride

Banned
I may hate Durant for making the league less competitive but most of the Warriora core is drafted and Durant was in OKC for likw what? 7 years? The dude should be able to go and play wherever the fuck he wants. It's not an asterisk. The Warriors still actually have to go out there and win the title.
Warriors went from a shitty organization to one of the best teams in history. Don't forget how much shit that team has gone through. I'll dig out the Grantland article

Players shouldn't be expected to stay with their team for years if it means no ring.

Nice to cut it to twelve.

Gotta cut back on the turnovers. But honestly, they are just so damn good. Even our best vs their decent would be a super tough game for us.

I'm not replacing one of the best peremeter defenders in the league in Bradley. That's something that stays with age.

If I'm Ainge, IT is traded because not only do I want to get younger, I want cap space to sign a Foward who can change my team, a SG that can change my team. You could probably get a couple picks across a couple years and a decent player. C's draft well too

But IT is their best player. Even when you factor in defense, IT is still more valuable to his team than either Bradley or Smart. It would be tough deciding who gets to go, Bradley is a better 2 way player, but Smart can guard bigger guys.

Trading IT would set the Celtics backwards. They have their star, or at least an unbelievable scorer. You don't give these guys away when you're relatively close to winning a title.

LionPride

Banned
But IT is their best player. Even when you factor in defense, IT is still more valuable to his team than either Bradley or Smart. It would be tough deciding who gets to go, Bradley is a better 2 way player, but Smart can guard bigger guys.

Trading IT would set the Celtics backwards. They have their star, or at least an unbelievable scorer. You don't give these guys away when you're relatively close to winning a title.
Not while LeBron exists. So you really wanna pay a guy $500 mill knowing you ain't gettin past the ECF for the next 3 years at least?

Tall4Life

Khloe should date Wall and then break up with him once the Celtics beat them and then she should date Tristan again so we can beat the Cav and then date KD so we can beat the Dubs

it's a foolproof plan, who says no?

Tall4Life

Not while LeBron exists. So you really wanna pay a guy $500 mill knowing you ain't gettin past the ECF for the next 3 years at least?

Lebron's beatable. We of course can't build the team around IT entirely, treat him as our Westbrook, and expect to make it past him, but we can build a better core of guys overall with players like Fultz, Heyward, Zizic, etc. IT can still fit in that scheme.

Warriors went from a shitty organization to one of the best teams in history. Don't forget how much shit that team has gone through. I'll dig out the Grantland article

Players shouldn't be expected to stay with their team for years if it means no ring.

I agree. Like dudes served their time. They should be able to play where they want. Do they often go and join the team that had an all time great regular season and eliminated them in the playoffs? No but w/e it's still business.

If they want Rings they should be free to ring chase. People are mainly just salty because the cap change has made them able to do things not normally possible. But this whole tainted title stuff is lame as fuck.

LionPride

Banned
Lebron's beatable. We of course can't build the team around IT entirely, treat him as our Westbrook, and expect to make it past him, but we can build a better core of guys overall with players like Fultz, Heyward, Zizic, etc. IT can still fit in that scheme.
With what money will you pay Hayward this offseason and IT next offseason and still have a bench

spyder_ur

Who's the most entertaining NBA halftime act?

Red Panda (unicycle bowl tosser)
Quick Change
Simon Says guy

Gotta be the Panda?

Red Panda. Seen her 10+ times and when she lands that last bowl it's just incredible. It will never get old. I always think it's gonna fall.

When she does drop one it's downright shocking.

It's weird to me that everyone is just already talking about getting rid of Isaiah. He just scored 53 points to put the Celts up 2-0 in the conference semifinals. I get some of the realistic circumstances, but guys like him don't grow on trees. This team won 25 games 3 years ago. Enjoy the win.

You should split the "Close but no Cigar" star tier into those that may become superstars in the future and those that have most likely peaked and likely will never be undisputed superstars.

So those 2 sub-tiers go:
Young stars: KAT, AD, Giannis(Booker and Embid may join them next year)
Established stars: IT,CP3.PG13,Wall,Hayward,

Indecided on Jimmy Butler and Boogie, they still got a bit of time before they hit their peak.

Wall is the same age as Boogie, younger than Butler...

It won't work.

Too much overlap between him and Boogie. Boogie will bounce as soon as his contract is up.

Question: how many Pelicans games down the stretch did you watch?

TTG

First half notes:

-Warrior shooting is rusty crusty, someone sandblast Durant.

-Klay and Draymond + bench line up is money. So much better than Durant + bench they were running so often in the regular season.

-I'm gonna try to watch Utah in the second half, but it's tough. It's always GSW play first, second, and third for me. They have to be pick and roll heavy when Draymond is NOT at center, but other than that I don't really know.

Utah is still in this game. Warriors fire power is insane. The fact it's under a 10 point game at all has gotta be encouraging for the Jazz.

spyder_ur

Wall is the same age as Boogie, younger than Butler...

I'm not sure people realize how old Butler is. He'll be 28 before next season starts; he was an older draftee. Many would be surprised at who is younger than him (Bradley, for instance, even though he's been around seemingly forever).

They are really not that far from beating the Cavs. They have one pick coming up who could be Fultz. Then they could sign Hayward, or trade for a star with the other pick. They'll still have the assets to find a trade to upgrade from Amir. Yabusele and Zizic are looking like they could be keepers.

It legit could happen. It's not a sure thing, but it's a better bet than trying to do that without IT.

TTG

Pick and roll corner 3 twice in a row, as long as Draymond is not at center they have to keep running it.

LionPride

Banned
They are really not that far from beating the Cavs. They have one pick coming up who could be Fultz. Then they could sign Hayward, or trade for a star with the other pick. They'll still have the assets to find a trade to upgrade from Amir. Yabusele and Zizic are looking like they could be keepers.

It legit could happen. It's not a sure thing, but it's a better bet than trying to do that without IT.
Who could they put defensive sieve IT on, for the Cavs? How would they sign a max contract Gordon Hayward, sign bench players, then still have money to pay IT the max contract he'll be offered? Easier to just trade him and work from there

Plus, again, betting against LeBron in the East? Bad move.

spyder_ur

With what money will you pay Hayward this offseason and IT next offseason and still have a bench

They have a ton of cap flexibility, and if some of these younger guys develop into regular rotations pieces, that helps a ton. I'm still undecided about going hard after Hayward (depending on how the lottery shakes out), but the cap is not really a problem. Their bench will be fine moving forward. Yabu and Zizic are basically like having an additional 2 lottery picks, based on what scouts say. Regardless, it's a problem for another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom