• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitta93

Banned
please for the love of god educate yourself.

"Opinion- a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge."
That's your opinion. I don't think Kawhi is top 5. My opinion.

While I agree on this entire post, it's beyond ridiculous calling some B tier player when he's clearly one of the few superstars in this league. Opinion can only take you so far. If Kawhi beats Harden with Parker out, he's definitely above him in the pecking order. All we know right now is that Westbrook is in last place from the superstars :D

LMA isn't good enough to tie the dude's shoelaces
People were calling Parker trash though so he shouldn't be a significant loss.

Kawhi isn't a superstar either.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

lmao k.

Again there's a massive difference between "kawhi is not top 5" vs. "LMA is better than Kawhi" and again you are misusing the word opinion.

It's like you're holding an apple and saying "in my opinion this is a banana" Do you really not understand that?

Surfinn

So..

Not That Good ended up with 34 points off of 16 shots (13-16), 7 rebs 8 assists, 3 steals, 2 TO.

Bet he retires after the playoffs

Doesn't seem like it when people say Kawhi is carrying a "regressed" Aldridge.

Kawhi is carrying the Spurs though. His impact on the game is immense. The system is San Antonio is working hard to utilize the improvements to his game. His defense and efficiency are incredible.

Do I think he is the second best player in the game? Prob not for me. Top 5? Yep. He has polished his offensive game a lot in the last 3 years. He is still a superb defender.

His toolbox is extemely big. He does so many good things that you don't get outta other stars. He is not as talented an offensive player than a lot of other top NBA talent he has added so many tools it doesnt drop him far behind imo.

Aldridge is not a great defender and his efficiency is lower than Kawhi. Those alone drop him below Kawhi as a total package imo. Aldridge being under utilized is different than him being better than Kawhi.

Hitta93

Banned
lmao k.

Again there's a massive difference between "kawhi is not top 5" vs. "LMA is better than Kawhi" and again you are misusing the word opinion.

It's like you're holding an apple and saying "in my opinion this is a banana" Do you really not understand that?
Kawhi isn't top 5. Kawhi isn't a superstar. Kawhi hasn't had a postseason like Aldridge has had in 13/14.

My opinion. Again, we're not going to agree.

Hitta93

Banned
Kawhi is carrying the Spurs though. His impact on the game is immense. The system is San Antonio is working hard to utilize the improvements to his game. His defense and efficiency are incredible.

Do I think he is the second best player in the game? Prob not for me. Top 5? Yep. He has polished his offensive game a lot in the last 3 years. He is still a superb defender.

His toolbox is extemely big. He does so many good things that you don't get outta other stars. He is not as talented an offensive player than a lot of other top NBA talent he has added so many tools it doesnt drop him far behind imo.
They have a great roster, he's not carrying them.

I need more 8 assists games too.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Kawhi isn't top 5. Kawhi isn't a superstar. Kawhi hasn't had a postseason like Aldridge has had in 13/15.

My opinion. Again, we're not going to agree.

Again you change the god damn argument. First off Kawhi has been amazing these playoffs. second your argument keeps adding in little details like "well i meant in the playoffs, well I meant top 5"

Stick by your pile of shit takes if you're going to fire them off so brazenly.

Hitta93

Banned
Again you change the god damn argument. First off Kawhi has been amazing these playoffs. second your argument keeps adding in little details like "well i meant in the playoffs, well I meant top 5"

Stick by your pile of shit takes if you're going to fire them off so brazenly.
I haven't changed the argument at all.

We're discussing everything I've stated all at once.

phanphare

Banned
Hitta I'd be content if you would list a couple of role players around the league that you'd compare kawhi to and then post all of their stat averages for the season

just want to see where you're coming from

Bread

Banned
a "regressed" Aldridge.
UbxIuYRg.png

"regressed"

They have a great roster, he's not carrying them.

I need more 8 assists games too.

He shoulders a scoring load that theSpurs would be lost without. The Spurs are a great defensive team but not a chance in hell they stick around with their tendency to go on 4-6 min stretches where they csnt buy a bucket.

He isn't a guard. He is becoming a better playmaker but the flow of the offense is not started through him necessarily. I agree this is a part of his game I think is lacking though. But then again no one said he was perfect. Curry and Harden are mediocre defenders, not holding that against them for being top 5.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I haven't changed the argument at all.

We're discussing everything I've stated all at one.

Your argument started as he "aint that good" which you moved the goalposts by defining aint that good as out of the top 5, which is redefining the obvious meaning.

then you went so far as to say LMA is better than Kawhi, which is flat out objectively wrong. As is, LMA was overrated by being a VOLUME guy, although I doubt you understand the concept of that. You cite his 2013 playoffs, where he averaged 26.2 ppg... did you realize he took a staggering 22.7 fga?! That's not efficient.

Kawhi is averaging an otherworldly 30.3 on a measly 16.8 fga while posting 56/50/97 this playoffs. That is unheard of. He's also putting up 6.8 rpg 4.6 assts, and 1.9 stls. Those numbers dwarf LMAs best playoff runs.

You are objectively wrong. Learn the meaning of that and opinion. Don't cop out with your shit takes and refuse to back them up.

Hitta93

Banned
UbxIuYRg.png

"regressed"
Players have bad games.
He shoulders a scoring load that theSpurs would be lost without. The Spurs are a great defensive team but not a chance in hell they stick around with their tendency to go on 4-6 min stretches where they csnt buy a bucket.

He isn't a guard. He is becoming a better playmaker but the flow of the offense is not started through him necessarily. I agree this is a part of his game I think is lacking though. But then again no one said he was perfect. Curry and Harden are mediocre defenders, not holding that against them for being top 5.
There's been numerous amount of forwards who can facilitate.

Hitta93

Banned
Your argument started as he "aint that good" which you moved the goalposts by defining aint that good as out of the top 5, which is redefining the obvious meaning.

then you went so far as to say LMA is better than Kawhi, which is flat out objectively wrong. As is, LMA was overrated by being a VOLUME guy, although I doubt you understand the concept of that. You cite his 2013 playoffs, where he averaged 26.2 ppg... did you realize he took a staggering 22.7 fga?! That's not efficient.

Kawhi is averaging an otherworldly 30.3 on a measly 16.8 fga while posting 56/50/97 this playoffs. That is unheard of. He's also putting up 6.8 rpg 4.6 assts, and 1.9 stls. Those numbers dwarf LMAs best playoff runs.

You are objectively wrong. Learn the meaning of that and opinion. Don't cop out with your shit takes and refuse to back them up.
There's more to the game than stats. Kawhi isn't top 5.

There's been numerous amount of forwards who can facilitate.

I never said there wasn't. I said he isn't a guard and the Spurs offense doesn't require him to be the primary playmaker. He isn't a guard was meant to imply that it isn't necessarily his role to handle the ball like a traditional guard would.

Obvi there are guys like Lebron who primarily handle the ball but there is a reason the point guard is called the floor general.

Yes I know. And those were terrible takes as well. He's clearly been the 2nd best player by a massive margin.

You don't have to think he's top 5, but he's a superstar dude. He's putting up the numbers, has the defense and pushed his team to a 60+ season.

Not that it comes as a surprise, but Parker out for the season. They are saying a tear of the quadriceps tendon
Damn I thought it might be a meniscus tear the way he landed off balance. At then there might be hope for a return later in the playoffs. This isn't an injury that would put next season is question is it?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Jesus!! Enough with this asinine Kawhi discussion.

So how much do the Dubs win by tonight?

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Damn I thought it might be a meniscus tear the way he landed off balance. At then there might be hope for a return later in the playoffs. This isn't an injury that would put next season is question is it?

I'm not surprised if it is the quad. We were sort of analyzing how he landed but after watching it a few times something seemed wrong with his leg before he landed.

Bread

Banned
I'm not surprised if it is the quad. We were sort of analyzing how he landed but after watching it a few times something seemed wrong with his leg before he landed.
Oh he definitely hurt it on the jump, look at how awkwardly the leg is sticking out in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom