• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
cADNsoI.png

Barney status confirmed

Why did you choke Bucks x delly god :(

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Its hilarious that he even thought about that because people have been looking into how much of an analytical nightmare Aldridge really is since he's done little to nothing in 8 games.

Currently, he's the worst jump shooter in the playoffs with .327 effective field goal percentage. He also has the single worst regular season plus/minus vs. post season plus/minus of any NBA player who has played at least 1000 post season games since 1980.

He's getting paid $20 million to do this. Looking at these stats, I'm actually not sure how much longer he lasts with the Spurs if he doesn't up his game dramatically.

Like I said it's pretty clear that he just casually watches basketball. He alluded multiple times to his "weak finals mvp" making people think he was good. He probably doesnt watch enough to know just how dramatically kawhi has improved every year.

If Parker is done, this screams like Rockets in 5 for the series unless Kawhi goes beast mode for the rest of the series. Parker's playmaking and off the ball movement is going to hurt the Spurs big time. They tuned it up to 100 after he went off, but that felt more due to morale than anything else. It's going to be different once they step onto Houston.

Hitta93

Banned
Like I said it's pretty clear that he just casually watches basketball. He alluded multiple times to his "weak finals mvp" making people think he was good. He probably doesnt watch enough to know just how dramatically kawhi has improved every year.
It was a weak Finals MVP plus it's the only reason.

Him improving is obvious, calling him 2nd best in the NBA is something I won't agree with.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
why do people act like harden is the only player who draws fouls from 3 when a defender fights over the top of a screen?

He pretty much is?

Someone mentioned above that Leonard doesn't draw fouls like Harden...but nobody does. It was interesting to watch a number of times last night when Leonard dribbled laterally (whether he was going around a screen or not) defenders would get right up into him. Do that with Harden and he'll pretend he was in the act of shooting 90% of the time.

Kickz

This HouxSanAntonio series looks like the only series worth watching.

Whats goin on with Pop's red nose, I remember awhile back he had some bandages on it to??

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
No one does it all well as he does. It's worse when people say he has to hit FTs to win games as well.

The ESPN columnist (McMahon) made himself look like an idiot a couple days ago saying "The Rockets are a joy to watch with Harden...". I mean, is the first game of the series the only Rockets game he has watched all year? The Rockets are almost the most unwatchable team in the league on most nights with Harden flopping around for fouls that aren't there. Its worse when the refs starting buying into it and Harden gleefully goes running into anyone within 5 feet of him. Games against the warriors turn into a flopping mess every time (to your point when he has to hit FTs to win).

Hitta93

Banned
As a Rockets fan, every game is fun to watch. This offense is 100% more fun to watch than the mess McHale/Bickerstaff had out there last season for sure.

Reread my last quote...Harden doesn't have to get to the FTs as he's proven that already, it's just easier and smarter to play for the foul call.

Jacce

Banned
Yes I did...nothing else to discuss. We're not going to agree.

If he is a role player how do you explain his statistics that show him as one of the most efficient players in the entire league?

It isn't a matter of opinion man. Stats don't lie.

Jacce

Banned
Role players can be effienct too.
If he is a role player then why is the Spurs team built around him? His own coach calls him the best player in the entire NBA. He is the best player on the team, The team is designed and coached with him as the best player on the team.

He is the best player on the team, the team is coached and built with him as the best player on the team. And it had over 60 wins this season.

Jonsoncao

Banned
If he is a role player how do you explain his statistics that show him as one of the most efficient players in the entire league?

It isn't a matter of opinion man. Stats don't lie.

Not to mention, Kawhi is Harden's main defender all night and shut him down.

However, this one is thanks to Pop's change of defense tactics, so very obviously any role player should finish the task of defending the beard very well.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yes I did...nothing else to discuss. We're not going to agree.

Just admit you were wrong and move on. You didnt realize how good kawhi had become. It also lines up with this belief that lamarcus was still anything more than underwhelming.

Hitta93

Banned
Just admit you were wrong and move on. You didnt realize how good kawhi had become. It also lines up with this belief that lamarcus was still anything more than underwhelming.
I'm wrong because my opinion doesn't line up with yours. My apologies.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

He won't admit anything. He is either trolling or clueless, no need to have another page trying to convince one fool Kawhi isn't a role player.

Jacce

Banned
I'm wrong because my opinion doesn't line up with yours. My apologies.

This isn't a matter of an opinion. It is an absolute fact that on the Spurs team his role is not that of a role player. These are clearly defined roles on a team.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Pop quiz: during 2017 play-offs

Player 1: PER 31.5 with 253 minutes played
Player 2: PER 37 with 296 minutes played
Player 3: PER 24.4 with 252 minutes played

which one is a role player?

(PER means efficiency rating in case hitta doesn't know)

Pop quiz: during 2017 play-offs

Player 1: PER 31.5 with 253 minutes played
Player 2: PER 37 with 296 minutes played
Player 3: PER 24.4 with 252 minutes played

which one is a role player?

(PER means efficiency rating in case hitta doesn't know)

All three are role players.

Hoo boy, today must be a special day or something with the Extra Hate Harden.

The way Harden is rewarded for fishing for calls is the worst. I hate when the guards fish for them but Harden has an extra level of bullshit in his game.

I don't blame him, I just want the rules changed so defenders can actually guard without touch fouls.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
If that's what you see, I'm not holding it against you. Your opinion.

lmao again as I said before you don't know the meaning of objective truth. Kawhi is factually better than LMA, there is no opinion or debate. Just like the sky is blue and the grass is green.

All I see is Aldridge settling being a 2nd option.

I might agree that the Spurs system doesn't do a great job of utlizing his strengths but when he was in Portland he was not playing anywhere in the realm of where Kawhi is now offensively, defensively, impact, play making etc etc.

Hitta93

Banned
I might agree that the Spurs system doesn't do a great job of utlizing his strengths but when he was in Portland he was not playing anywhere in the realm of where Kawhi is now offensively, defensively, impact, play making etc etc.
That's debatable but at least you can point out he might not fit in with Popovich is trying to do there.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
All I see is Aldridge settling being a 2nd option.

LMAs best ppg per 36 for a season is 23... it took him 20 shots to get that. He also is a good not great rebounder and a slow footed defender.

Kawahi's efficiency on the other hand is off the charts from mid range, the line, 3pt., etc. Is the best defender in the league, is a plus rebounder for his size/position, so on so forth.

You

Are

Wrong

That's debatable but at least you can point out he might not fit in with Popovich is trying to do there.

Isn't that extremely obvious? He doesn't really look comfortable in the flow of a ball movement heavy offense when he is a post up catch and shoot mid range 4. The Spurs are already more iso heavy with Kawhi, it's hard to see Aldridge having a real good fit there.

Hitta93

Banned
LMAs best ppg per 36 for a season is 23... it took him 20 shots to get that. He also is a good not great rebounder and a slow footed defender.

Kawahi's efficiency on the other hand is off the charts from mid range, the line, 3pt., etc. Is the best defender in the league, is a plus rebounder for his size/position, so on so forth.

You

Are

Wrong
Your opinion.

It was a weak Finals MVP plus it's the only reason.

Him improving is obvious, calling him 2nd best in the NBA is something I won't agree with.
While I agree on this entire post, it's beyond ridiculous calling some B tier player when he's clearly one of the few superstars in this league. Opinion can only take you so far. If Kawhi beats Harden with Parker out, he's definitely above him in the pecking order. All we know right now is that Westbrook is in last place from the superstars :D

LMA isn't good enough to tie the dude's shoelaces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom