• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

megalowho

6 turnovers in 14 minutes for Smart, that's a lot right

Hats of to the Wizards, that first quarter was high level basketball and they're not letting the C's punch back

Slizeezyc

Random goaltend lol. Give Gortat his points!

I thought they gave those points to Wall? Like, the only thing I could even guess was they got Al for shaking the backboard for no reason on the block attempt. Gortat made the follow-up shot anyway and seemed like the goaltend call was made for his putback.

spyder_ur

People (including Jalen) are seriously complaining about Kelly flopping? We have totally lost control of the proper use of that word. Is he supposed to stand there and take a punch from a madman with that look in his eye?

Is it time to fire Brad?

Past time. We need to do a full rebuild. Trade the Nets picks for future Nets picks.

Brashnir

People (including Jalen) are seriously complaining about Kelly flopping? We have totally lost control of the proper use of that word. Is he supposed to stand there and take a punch from a madman with that look in his eye?

Yeah, lying on the ground is definitely the go-to strategy to not get harmed by a "madman."

Please.

Just got finished golfing.. Picked a good game to miss yikes

Same here except the golfing. I'm not even sure why the Celtics are not doing it, but if I had to venture a guess I'd say it's because Stevens hasn't unleashed Amir.

I guess he should have lost in the first rounds of the playoffs like MJ to be the GOAT.

I mean, you could have Lebron as your GOAT. But IMO he will never have the same gravitational pull as Jordan did for good reason. Jordan won basically 6 titles in a row and he came in at the right time to be the biggest name in the sport, Magic and Larry Legend further popularized the NBA and then Jordan came just in time to be the face of the sport, the one who got to internationalize it for good. More than their skills as players, Lebron did not have the same impact as Jordan.

To me it's like a Pele/Messi situation. Can you say that Messi is better than Pele? Yes you can, but enjoy the consensus going the other way.

Amory

they're not getting back in this game shooting 3s tonight

which means they're probably not getting back in this game

god get a rebound

Amory

thanks ainge for that great #standpat at the deadline

could've given up one of your 10 second round picks for a rim protector but nope we love our team. got everything we need

meanwhile gortat looks like wilt chamberlain

Bread

Banned
thanks ainge for that great #standpat at the deadline

could've given up one of your 10 second round picks for a rim protector but nope we love our team. got everything we need

meanwhile gortat looks like wilt chamberlain
So many teams were willing to give up their rim protectors for a 2nd round pick

Brashnir

Yeah, throwing a punch, getting ejected and suspended is better. I bet you rather retaliate and go to jail than walk away if someone harmed you.

what are you even talking about? I'm not saying he should have retaliated, I'm saying he flopped.

In the grand scheme of things, it probably didn't even change the outcome - Oubre gets ejected if Olynyk just stands there and laughs - but he went down like a sack of grain.

what are you even talking about? I'm not saying he should have retaliated, I'm saying he flopped.

In the grand scheme of things, it probably didn't even change the outcome - Oubre gets ejected if Olynyk just stands there and laughs - but he went down like a sack of grain.

I edited the attack out. What makes you think Oubre would have stopped with the shove? He was looking for blood.

Brashnir

I edited the attack out. What makes you think Oubre would have stopped with the shove? He was looking for blood.

The fact that Oubre stopped once he realized what he was doing. Regardless, taking 3 steps back is a more effective way to get away than deliberately falling to the floor.

Done with this conversation now, since the flop is really a non-issue here and likely had zero impact on anything in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom