• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizeezyc

yeah he's probably out for this series

I don't think they'll get him for a ref bump since ref got in the way anyway. Unless the series ends in four games, I assume he'll be back.

I love anytime someone pushes Olynyk either way, he's intentionally tried to hurt people. Someone with T-Rex arms isn't allowed to do that, it's a rule.

teepo

the only positive is that the refs might start calling some of the more "physical" plays. they already let the game get out of control once

still dumb af from oubre

TTG

I have the game on mute, but he just looked like kid wrapped up in his own ego. Wait for the next time and run through him with your shoulder down. Like this you get ejected and get nothing out of it.

Looked like a perfect picture of a young kid not used to confrontation. No shame in that, just funny.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I have the game on mute, but he just looked like kid wrapped up in his own ego. Wait for the next time and run through him with your shoulder down. Like this you get ejected and get nothing out of it.

Looked like a perfect picture of a young kid not used to confrontation. No shame in that, just funny.

Exactly like I said he was on the verge of tears. Not used to that feeling lol.

spyder_ur

Credit to Porter. I said I was fine with Porter trying to Iso and make his own shot, and he's done so 4 or 5 times tonight.

Wizards are just not missing.

Slizeezyc

Ugly ass Porter post ups are working! They're straight butt ugly, but hey, he's showing he can do it. I didn't think he could, or at least it would take them out of their offense doing it without enough efficiency to make it worth it. But literally everything is working for Wash on offense this game.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Credit to Porter. I said I was fine with Porter trying to Iso and make his own shot, and he's done so 4 or 5 times tonight.

Wizards are just not missing.

This is the IT conundrum rears its uly head. He is such a fucking mismatch with their size right now.

Slizeezyc

Hes posting up a guy who is a full foot and then some shorter.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying these are infinitely difficult shots, just that they are different. I'm not trying to give him too much credit, just that saying here's the ball score in isolation Porter is not how he's maintained insane efficiency this season.

teepo

Yes but he took only his shots (and mostly "easy" shots), these post-ups are a totally new thing being asked of him.

he was doing a lot of post ups in the beginning of the season with high accuracy but brooks said it was fucking up the flow of the system and told him to park his ass at the line

spyder_ur

Porter hasn't really missed all year. Shot 58% on twos, 43% on threes.

I know he's a good player and efficient shooter, just when I watch him it doesn't seem like he's that much of a shot creator on his own (which is fine). Also, when he has his hands on the ball, Wall doesn't. Stepped up tonight. Just one of those halves where everything drops.

Hope the Celts can get it within 15 at the half.

Pastry

Banned
Prognosis for Parker doesn't sound good at all:

http://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/tony-parker-injury-status-11122746.php

Q. In layman’s terms, what happens inside the knee when this injury occurs?

“The quadriceps tendon is what attaches to the knee cap,” Bell said. “All your power when you jump flows through the knee cap. So when you tear that tendon, you tear that connection that allows you to jump and do squats and things like that. When you tear it completely — when the tendon is no longer attached to the bone — you have to get surgery. Period. Just to walk normally.”

Q. When the injury occurred, many of us who saw it live — and don’t have medical degrees — feared some sort of ligament injury, and MCL or an ACL or something. Would that have been better or worse or the same?

“If it was an MCL, there is some rehab we could do,” Bell said. “We have a pretty good track record with ACLs now. I don’t know the last NBA player to have this injury. I’d have to look it up. I hate to sound pessimistic. The reality is, this is a very, very tough injury for anybody. For an athlete that relies on his explosiveness, it’s tough to overcome.”

Slizeezyc

he was doing a lot of post ups in the beginning of the season with high accuracy but brooks said it was fucking up the flow of the system and told him to park his ass at the line

Fair enough. I'm just going off his NBA.com stats on his shot breakdown and his post-ups are more or less not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom