• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread

Banned
Maybe not literally one 2nd round pick, I was exaggerating a bit. But there were cheap deals to be made for 5s at the deadline
Idk what those deals are and I can only assume they would have been made if the asking price was just 2nd round picks.

teepo

DNvkUyo.jpg

who'd say no if oubre charged at you?

Mrbob

Someone is getting clotheslined before this series is over.

Boston better hold onto home court because I think theyll need to win all 4 at home.

Slizeezyc

Hey now, it turned into two seconds!

GENIUS! And, and, and he got Justin Anderson. Who, I mean, did you see what he shot from 3-point land that one season at Virginia!?

So glad Hinkie is gone so a real basketball family could run things the right way.

They'll get at least four seconds for Okafor soon enough, too!

GENIUS! And, and, and he got Justin Anderson. Who, I mean, did you see what he shot from 3-point land that one season at Virginia!?

So glad Hinkie is gone so a real basketball family could run things the right way.

They'll get at least four seconds for Okafor soon enough, too!

4 seconds for Jah would be like christmas, just cutting him at this point would suffice for me.

What is the point of not 'flopping' in this case (flopping is a weird term because it's not like he was trying to draw a call)?

What a player he's developed into. The speed is stunning.

Wasn't his speed always his biggest strength? I thought it was his jump shot that was his biggest question mark coming out of college.

Slizeezyc

Correct me if I'm wrong, but seems like Brooks has completely bought in (finally) to always having one of Beal or Wall on the court.

teepo

Correct me if I'm wrong, but seems like Brooks has completely bought in (finally) to always having one of Beal or Wall on the court.

yea, i think you're right. he tried it in the early parts of the season and it was disastrous. worked better with kief playing with the 2nd unit.

i'm not sure if i'm completely sold on it yet but it's working, i guess?

Looks like Brad isn't gonna play Olynyk the rest of the game. Should put him in now and let them get their retaliation over with. It's not like they're going to forget next game.

Brashnir

Wasn't his speed always his biggest strength? I thought it was his jump shot that was his biggest question mark coming out of college.

His speed has always been one of his biggest assets, but he used to play out of control a lot, miss layups, fly right past passing lanes, etc.

Over the years he has learned how to use his speed to manipulate defenses to open up shooting space and passing lanes for himself and teammates. There's a lot more to playing good PG than a lot of people realize, and it took Wall a while to come to grips with all of it and put it all together.

Amory

Idk what those deals are and I can only assume they would have been made if the asking price was just 2nd round picks.

Taj Gibson, Noel, Hibbert (who was apparently traded for just a future 2nd), Nurkic, Plumlee, etc were all moved for reasonable asking prices (2nd round picks or late firsts and filler) at the deadline.

It doesn't matter. I'm just pissed watching this game and seeing the celtics not getting rebounds or scoring at the rim. It wouldn't change this game.

LOL, Hibbert! Yeah, Ainge really fucked up not making a move for Hibbert.

Looks like Brad isn't gonna play Olynyk the rest of the game. Should put him in now and let them get their retaliation now. It's not like they're going to forget next game.

I'd much rather have a Wizards player try something stupid next game instead of in garbage time of this one.

Slizeezyc

yea, i think you're right. he tried it in the early parts of the season and it was disastrous. worked better with kief playing with the 2nd unit.

i'm not sure if i'm completely sold on it yet but it's working, i guess?

I mean I get not doing it during regular season in that there's no reason to boost their minutes for no reason. But I don't think you can trust their backup guards enough to not always have at least one out there in these playoffs.

spyder_ur

His speed has always been one of his biggest assets, but he used to play out of control a lot, miss layups, fly right past passing lanes, etc.

Over the years he has learned how to use his speed to manipulate defenses to open up shooting space and passing lanes for himself and teammates. There's a lot more to playing good PG than a lot of people realize, and it took Wall a while to come to grips with all of it and put it all together.

Yup, what he said. He's really put it all together.

Taj Gibson, Noel, Hibbert (who was apparently traded for just a future 2nd), Nurkic, Plumlee, etc were all moved for reasonable asking prices (2nd round picks or late firsts and filler) at the deadline.

It doesn't matter. I'm just pissed watching this game and seeing the celtics not getting rebounds or scoring at the rim. It wouldn't change this game.

None of those besides Hibbert (lol) and maybe Noel are rim protectors. I know Noel has been rumored to be traded to the Celtics for awhile but I wouldn't be surprised if Philly took a lesser deal from Dallas to keep him out of the east.

I still don't understand the Plumlee-Nurkic trade.

For some reason I thought it was halfway through the 4th quarter already. Felt like the game's been nearly over for awhile.

teepo

it's good to put the refs in this position, put everybody on watch

and nice to see sato in. i'd be all for him taking jennings minutes and trying burke at the 2

teepo

YES SATO RUNNING POINT AND BURKE AT THE 2

I'VE BEEN WAITING ALL SEASON FOR THIS

FUCK OFF JENNINGS, THIS IS A BLESSING IN DISGUISE

Gigglepoo

None of those besides Hibbert (lol) and maybe Noel are rim protectors. I know Noel has been rumored to be traded to the Celtics for awhile but I wouldn't be surprised if Philly took a lesser deal from Dallas to keep him out of the east.

It would be so like the incompetent Colangelos to dump Noel for lesser compensation to keep him out of their conference. Just terrible GMs.

Amory

Jeez the "former ref they keep around to talk about what current refs are doing" made the latest ESPN cut huh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom