• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

finowns

Such an uninspiring performance from the Dubs. And Mike Brown, after a sterling first few games, is getting funky (in a bad way) with his lineups.

If Derrick Favors and George Hill were healthy this would be a different series imo.

Durant should have played the start of 2nd qtr. I'd like to see more McGee, get him going. And let's see some Barnes.

Oh well, this series is ovet.

We all knew it was over the second the seeding was set.

But they kept it close at the Oracle. I'm betting they get at least a game at home. With two teams stacked like the Warriors and Cavs, any team that can claim they significantly wore down one of those two on their path to the finals can be proud of their season, imo.

Fjordson

Durant should have played the start of 2nd qtr. I'd like to see more McGee, get him going. And let's see some Barnes.
Just doing some weird stuff. Like Livingston gumming up the spacing in the fourth while Klay sat on the bench until the 3 minute mark. Resting him for a 5th quarter I guess...

legend166

All of this interstitial stuff they do at the Oracle seems corny as hell, man. Yeah, the Grizzlies have fake wrestling matches and shit, but that's a different kind of corny.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. This is my first time having League Pass, and I'm in Australia so haven't been to any NBA games. Honestly, I've found 95% of teams have corny stuff going on. It's so weird. I also can't believe half naked cheerleaders are still a thing.

Then again, I still can't get over the fact they just play random music during the game. That seems to be as American as clapping.

Mory Dunz

I've always felt the dancers were....weird.

Like if you're a little girl at the game, the men play, coach, commentate, announcers, etc and then the women come out (outfit "appropriateness" can be debated so I won't even go there) every little bit to dance for everyone. It's not a great message

And to be nitpicky, the choreo usually stinks. The few times they do impressive moves you're like "wow, they all can actually dance", and then they go right back to basic boringness even I could do.

Like if you're a little girl at the game, the men play, coach, commentate, announcers, etc and then the women come out (outfit "appropriateness" can be debated but I won't even go there) every little bit to dance for everyone. It's not a great message

To be fair, today's Warriors-Jazz halftime entertainment was two mostly naked bald men fondling each other for 10 minutes, also known as Duo Design.

I first saw them at a Blazers game earlier in the playoffs and I've been following them since. Unifortunately this is the best video available on YouTube.

Mory Dunz

To be fair, today's Warriors-Jazz halftime entertainment was two mostly naked bald men fondling each other for 10 minutes, also known as Duo Design.

I first saw them at a Blazers game earlier in the playoffs and I've been following them since. Unifortunately this is the best video available on YouTube.

I was talking about in general.
I have seen that before though. Forgot when.

TTG

Steve Kerr, please come back. 38 minutes for Steph, Draymond comes back in after a knee, Durant with 36 minutes in his 3rd game back. And why was all of that needed? Because Mike Brown should not be a head coach. More traditional 5s, and I don't mean David West, or the starters will be playing 36+ minutes in blow outs. And I don't know what the fuck he was doing with line ups all game in general.

Iggy and Livingston look useless on offense again, which isn't surprising. This is par for the course with Livingston at this point, his game is easy to shut down in the playoffs when everyone prepares. Andre is going to be more interesting, teams should ignore him. He's not Roberson from the 3 point line, but you want to make him prove it, especially with all the other weapons you have to contend with. Don't give him anything uncontested at the rim and he'll miss a lot of those too. The Cavs are going to make him look like shit again and Livingston shouldn't play against them at all.

They need to find Klay in game 3, more Zaza and McGee. More Ian Clarke, he got 6 minutes less today because Brown is a dope. You can't switch 1 and 2 on 5 pick and roll AND send help from the corner every time. Tell me you're out there watching this Steve.

Steve Kerr, please come back. 38 minutes for Steph, Draymond comes back in after a knee, Durant with 36 minutes in his 3rd game back. And why was all of that needed? Because Mike Brown should not be a head coach. More traditional 5s, and I don't mean David West, or the starters will be playing 36+ minutes in blow outs. And I don't know what the fuck he was doing with line ups all game in general.

Iggy and Livingston look useless on offense again, which isn't surprising. This is par for the course with Livingston at this point, his game is easy to shut down in the playoffs when everyone prepares. Andre is going to be more interesting, teams should ignore him. He's not Roberson from the 3 point line, but you want to make him prove it, especially with all the other weapons you have to contend with. Don't give him anything uncontested at the rim and he'll miss a lot of those too. The Cavs are going to make him look like shit again and Livingston shouldn't play against them at all.

They need to find Klay in game 3, more Zaza and McGee. More Ian Clarke, he got 6 minutes less today because Brown is a dope. You can't switch 1 and 2 on 5 pick and roll AND send help from the corner every time. Tell me you're out there watching this Steve.

Relax. They are going to sleepwalk to the title.

"Dear diary, we won again by 10 points wire to wire but life sucks so hard"

beat

It would only be fair in light of how dirty that Durant trade was. No one wants to watch one team steamroll everyone
Wasn't a trade. Durant was a free agent and he could sign wherever he wanted. GSW kept their cap space this past summer open with years of work planning for this opportunity.

Meanwhile, the Dubs play beautiful basketball. Mostly. That's something worth watching. Why is that less watchable than "competitive" uglyball?

m1iL02Q.jpg

Beautiful basketball isn't that much fun to watch when one team is murdering the other.

^^^

Warriors make for exciting plays, and thoroughly boring games. I didn't expect KD's move to affect my NBA enjoyment this much.

And no, it isn't comparable to previously dominant teams, at least since the 90s

Pray that someday you can make a post like this as you cheer for the most stacked team of all time.
m1iL02Q.jpg

^^^

Warriors make for exciting plays, and thoroughly boring games. I didn't expect KD's move to affect my NBA enjoyment this much.

And no, it isn't comparable to previously dominant teams, at least since the 90s
Yea, even as I hold out hope, and get excited if the Jazz cut it down to 10 or less. I NEVER feel like they can actually win. The second they decide to go up by 20 points, it happens.

I've never had a problem appreciating and enjoying greatness, but that team may take it too far.

I wish I would be able to complain like that when my team can win playoff games without even trying.

In any case I bet my ass that Kerr will be on the bench come Finals time taking more pills than a 90s raver.

Ronin Ray

I shouldn't post everything that comes to mind. Sorry for offending you. I just really lack respect for Durant and want to see him not get a ring this year.

It comes to your mind you want players to get hurt? I have never wanted a player to get hurt ever and always wanted to see teams play at full strength. Sorry that just seems kinda gross and sad but to each there own.

Also what's up with the warriors fans here. You guys never come across happy and just seem to be very nitpicky. Like you have this amazing team so just relax and enjoy it.

Fedelias

It comes to your mind you want players to get hurt? I have never wanted a player to get hurt ever and always wanted to see teams play at full strength. Sorry that just seems kinda gross and sad but to each there own.

Also what's up with the warriors fans here. You guys never come across happy and just seem to be very nitpicky. Like you have this amazing team so just relax and enjoy it.

Nothing taken for granted after how the finals ended last year.

TTG

Overwhelming talent and poor coaching, 2 things at once, complicated stuff. I watch too much basketball to just point to the final score and grunt, good thing you're here to cover that.

Pray that someday you can make a post like this as you cheer for the most stacked team of all time.

Yea, it's been rough. Almost as tough as people claiming you're the goat and somehow a plucky underdog who will obviously be steamrolled, Cleveland has it even harder. Speaking of which, jump on either bandwagon if you gotta pray, no one will think less of you.

People complain about CLE sleepwalking through the east but Golden State is on Cruise going 25 in a 30 and just steamrolling everything. What gives?

Marz

I want both Golden State and Cleveland to go into the finals 12-0. I don't care what anyone says if LeBron and Kyrie are both firing on all cylinders they can beat any team in the league.

To be fair, Iggy has looked useless in every game other than one, which includes when Kerr was at the helm. I think he is 0-16 on 3 point shots, and he's been wide open in like 13-14. The Barnes final level of offense atm :S

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Steph playing 38 minutes, that's nothing. Bringing players back after they get hurt is another story, but KD and Steph should be playing that much. End it in 4 and rest for a week. I did notice Green taking a lot of 3s which is just a recipe for disaster for at least one future game. He's free and firing now, but he's not good enough to keep this clip and he will return to the means in the WCF or finals in some important game when he jacks up dumb 3s (the one he shot was close to 30ft). Easy to hit those kind of shots vs Blazers and Jazz when the quality disparity is monumental with no pressure, different when you're playing Lebron.
qraz0_s-200x150.gif

underrated, amazing post lmao
When Kevin Durant checks in

https://streamable.com/v69b
only thing that would make it better is if Bron's face was covering Kaiba's. :D

spyder_ur

Baxter Holmes said:
Sources tell ESPN that the Los Angeles Lakers tried to demote Yuju Lee, their director of basketball analytics, but he instead decided to leave the organization altogether. Wednesday was Lee's last day. He worked for the team for four seasons, starting as a consultant during the 2012-13 season. The Lakers did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The Magic era has begun! Who need analytics when you have an abacus?

FZZ

Banned
To be fair, Iggy has looked useless in every game other than one, which includes when Kerr was at the helm. I think he is 0-16 on 3 point shots, and he's been wide open in like 13-14. The Barnes final level of offense atm :S

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Steph playing 38 minutes, that's nothing. Bringing players back after they get hurt is another story, but KD and Steph should be playing that much. End it in 4 and rest for a week. I did notice Green taking a lot of 3s which is just a recipe for disaster for at least one future game. He's free and firing now, but he's not good enough to keep this clip and he will return to the means in the WCF or finals in some important game when he jacks up dumb 3s (the one he shot was close to 30ft). Easy to hit those kind of shots vs Blazers and Jazz when the quality disparity is monumental with no pressure, different when you're playing Lebron.

qraz0_s-200x150.gif

underrated, amazing post lmao

only thing that would make it better is if Bron's face was covering Kaiba's. :D

Bron is not scared of KD lmao

Servbot24

Banned

Green typically takes a couple and then stops if they're not going in. He's not gonna go 0 or 1 from 7 or something like that.

As for Iggy I think he needs to keep shooting for as long as they have comfortable leads. Get the misfires out of the system against easy opponents.

I did notice Green taking a lot of 3s which is just a recipe for disaster for at least one future game. He's free and firing now, but he's not good enough to keep this clip and he will return to the means in the WCF or finals in some important game when he jacks up dumb 3s (the one he shot was close to 30ft). Easy to hit those kind of shots vs Blazers and Jazz when the quality disparity is monumental with no pressure, different when you're playing Lebron.

100% this, those are bad shots that Green shouldn't be taking. However, the same is true for Lebron. He's hitting a lot of 3s and some are amazing looking, but you really don't want Lebron jacking 3s off the dribble or with a defender in his face (I know he's a better shooter than Draymond, but those are still bad shots). I think that the relatively easy road both the Dubs and Cavs are going through would make them a bit complacent but in the end they know they will be facing each other. I doubt we'll see too many long 3s by Green or Lebron.

Never doubt Mike Brown though.

otapnam

We were At the game. My dad was totally impressed lol.

100% this, those are bad shots that Green shouldn't be taking. However, the same is true for Lebron. He's hitting a lot of 3s and some are amazing looking, but you really don't want Lebron jacking 3s off the dribble or with a defender in his face (I know he's a better shooter than Draymond, but those are still bad shots). I think that the relatively easy road both the Dubs and Cavs are going through would make them a bit complacent but in the end they know they will be facing each other. I doubt we'll see too many long 3s by Green or Lebron.

Never doubt Mike Brown though.

If LeBron can keep scoring 35+ points with just 15 attempts, He can take any shot that he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom