• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
If LeBron can keep scoring 35+ points with just 15 attempts, He can take any shot that he wants.

Yeah but those are still bad shots. Lebron is a great passer and there are a fuckton of guys on the roster who shoot the 3 better than him, smart basketball is always better than heroic basketball. You can bet the opposing team also want him to take those shots.

Line_HTX

Hmm... Now that I rewatched that ejection with the audio, it almost sounded like the ESPN play-by-play guy was going to go full WWE with Doris Burke.

😂😂😂

100% this, those are bad shots that Green shouldn't be taking. However, the same is true for Lebron. He's hitting a lot of 3s and some are amazing looking, but you really don't want Lebron jacking 3s off the dribble or with a defender in his face (I know he's a better shooter than Draymond, but those are still bad shots). I think that the relatively easy road both the Dubs and Cavs are going through would make them a bit complacent but in the end they know they will be facing each other. I doubt we'll see too many long 3s by Green or Lebron.

Never doubt Mike Brown though.
We'll see. Brown is such a mediocre coach on the offensive end and kind of a bitch when it comes to telling their players off, that I don't have any faith in him straightening Green out. You need players like KD and Curry to jack up shots for rhythm, and that's not gonna happen when a mediocre shooter like Green is averaging 12FGA per game.

Only one ball.

100% this, those are bad shots that Green shouldn't be taking. However, the same is true for Lebron. He's hitting a lot of 3s and some are amazing looking, but you really don't want Lebron jacking 3s off the dribble or with a defender in his face (I know he's a better shooter than Draymond, but those are still bad shots). I think that the relatively easy road both the Dubs and Cavs are going through would make them a bit complacent but in the end they know they will be facing each other. I doubt we'll see too many long 3s by Green or Lebron.

Never doubt Mike Brown though.

He's shooting 36.3% on 4.6 attempts per game. His corner 3 percentage is pretty terrible tbh.

spyder_ur

He's shooting 36.3% on 4.6 attempts per game. His corner 3 percentage is pretty terrible tbh.

I read an analysis of corner 3s recently where there is much more improvement in efficiency of the corner 3 for role players/3 and D types than primary ball handlers. Thought that was interesting and it makes sense - LeBron is not getting the same quality or types of looks from the corner that a guy like Avery Bradley, Patrick Beverley or Danny Green is.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/05/04/playoff-lebron-james-goes-different-heights

Kyle Korver said:
I know sweeps are hard to get, but these guys have been doing that, and it’s like they want to sweep so they get that week [off between rounds]. Having that thought in their heads – ‘If we sweep this team, we’re going to have that time off’ – not many teams go into a playoff series thinking that. You’re just trying to win the series. But they were like, ‘Trust us.’

While that's not too bad all things considered, they have other 5 guys who get regular minutes (Love, Kyrie, Frye, Korver and Deron) who shoot at a higher clip and Lebron is the by far the best passer of them all.

Ideally, Lebron should work close to the basket further opening shots for everyone else or quarterbacking from up the arc. He's ridiculously efficient in those situations.

Idk, there are certain 3s, from the spot he keeps taking them from, a little deeper than normal, the ones referred to as "LeFuckYou 3s" that he seems to hit at a high clip, especially when he's in a good mood, is already on a roll

Idk, there are certain 3s, from the spot he keeps taking them from, a little deeper than normal, the ones referred to as "LeFuckYou 3s" that he seems to hit at a high clip, especially when he's in a good mood, is already on a roll

I don't like it, but honestly there's basically just one guy in the entire NBA I'm comfortable taking long ass 3s. Even when Klay puts it up I cringe a bit. When it comes to Lebron taking it to me is extra bad because he's more than capable of making the possession end in a better shot.

megalowho

Olynyk is a Bostonian dirtbag.

ZIHGF1e.png
This narrative is hilarious to me. He's a docile Canadian and C's fans would love it if he was half as tough as he's made out to be.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Following their playoff loss to the Wiz the Atlanta Hawks have announced a top down full organizational restructuring.

NBA.com

The Atlanta Hawks announced today that it will restructure its Basketball Operations group. Following internal discussions among Mike Budenholzer, Wes Wilcox and Principal Owner Tony Ressler after the conclusion of the 2016-2017 season, the Atlanta Hawks have made the following changes.

Budenholzer will continue to serve as head coach and will remain involved in basketball personnel decisions, while resigning from his position as president of basketball operations. Wilcox will become a special advisor to ownership and has resigned from his position as general manager. The team will utilize an executive search firm to identify and secure a new general manager.

There we go Panda! Hope the Hawks can get a new GM that knows WTF they are doing.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Where do y'all get posts like this?

The psychiatrist stuff from fans is always really weird. KD was a beast the last time he played Lebron in the postseason.
Plus KD has matured and grown since that finals appearance. Lebron is gonna be great but between KD, Draymond, and Iggy the Warriors have the best chance of slowing him down.

Raptors already lost

KD was a monster that 2012 final
Harden went ghost
Ibaka didn't guard Battier
Battier turned into Steph curry from 3
Mike Miller went into god in game 5
lol brooks left both KD and Westbrook on the bench for like 4-6 minutes in a close game

Warriors can easily go cold from 3
Shots don't always go in

Thompson x LeBron bully ball is why the Cavs aren't slaughtered every finals

Jarate

Banned
Olynyk is one of the dirtiest players in the game. Nobody calls him out for it for some reason... I wonder why people are quick to call out Draymond Green and not Olynyk...

Bread

Banned
Q1p4X5.gif

An earlier illegal screen that set the tone as well
not even close to dirty though

Olynyk is one of the dirtiest players in the game. Nobody calls him out for it for some reason... I wonder why people are quick to call out Draymond Green and not Olynyk...
oh please

has he made dirty plays? sure. he injured Love and got caught trying the same thing on Lopez last series. but i'd like to see more examples that put him on par with Draymond who has dozens of examples of his leg going above head level.

Fjordson

Agreed. Not really sure white the difference is.

Olynyk putting out Love out for months is a lot worse than anything Draymond's done. And then it looked like he tried to do it again against Robin Lopez.

Jarate

Banned
not even close to dirty though

oh please

has he made dirty plays? sure. he injured Love and got caught trying the same thing on Lopez last series. but i'd like to see more examples that put him on par with Draymond who has dozens of examples of his leg going above head level.

"Draymond tries to kick some people" is somehow worse then "Kelly Olynyk is literally trying to injure people"

I WONDER WHY

W
O
N
D
E
R

W
H
Y

Jarate

Banned
I ain't even saying that Draymond isn't a dirty ass player or a dickhead. They're both super fucking pricks who deserved to be called out.

Nafai1123

Banned
Dubz still didn't play all that great entire game yesterday. Need to get it going tomorrow in Utah.

Offense has been coasting the last couple games, but their defense has been absolutely smothering. Best in the league by far. I'm really impressed with how seamless their switching and communication has been. Draymond making that side of the floor run like a well-oiled, shot-blocking machine.

megalowho

"Draymond tries to kick some people" is somehow worse then "Kelly Olynyk is literally trying to injure people"

I WONDER WHY

W
O
N
D
E
R

W
H
Y
I get it, y'all want a villain. Kelly has ugly hair, he's uncoordinated and made dumb plays in playoff games with everyone watching, and from there the rep blows up.

But having watched the guy for his entire NBA career, of everyone on this C's squad that tries to get under players skin, Kelly's not that guy. It's not in his makeup. If Oubre just took his free throws and didn't flip out, no one would give a second thought to his pick last night.

Bread

Banned
I get it, y'all want a villain. Kelly has ugly hair, he's uncoordinated and made dumb plays in playoff games with everyone watching, and from there the rep blows up.

But having watched the guy for his entire NBA career, of everyone on this C's squad that tries to get under players skin, Kelly's not that guy. It's not in his makeup. If Oubre just took his free throws and didn't flip out, no one would give a second thought to his pick last night.
we're such victims, us celtics fans.

Jarate

Banned

celtics.jpg

Servbot24

Banned
That Wizards x Celtics series is garbo anyways, since both will be slaughtered in next round

Who cares

Why do you even watch basketball if you don't enjoy it? If all you want to know is "Team X wins this year" then save your time and tune out til June.

spyder_ur

Q1p4X5.gif

An earlier illegal screen that set the tone as well

This is why Oubre was pissed. Obviously he was still fuming which is why his reaction was so crazy to a screen that was only borderline even illegal.

I WONDER WHY

W
O
N
D
E
R

W
H
Y

Agreed. Not really sure white the difference is.

Olynyk putting out Love out for months is a lot worse than anything Draymond's done. And then it looked like he tried to do it again against Robin Lopez.

Get outta here with that. Draymond literally kicked too many people in the balls that he got suspended for the NBA finals, as in there was an actual count of how many times he had done that.

That and the fact that Draymond is way more high profile.

The idea that people are getting on Olynyk for a borderline play rather than the guy who charged at a ref and player after the whistle is pretty amusing to me.

I love the chippiness of this series though.

Kelly is a punk bitch though, of the highest order. He`s not tough, he`s just a bitch. I would have liked it if he just got punched and laid out last game. He almost got Wall injured with his wrist last game as well. He saw him going down and moved purposely towards his direction. Even Avery Bradley has done some shady shit, IT even headedbutted someone last game.

I don`t know what I want more, Celtics to make it next round and have LeBron take IT`s soul away through a very easy sweep or have the Wizards come back 4-2 and celebrate through their level 9000 smugness as they did last game. Dirty wannabe group of pretenders.

spyder_ur

I have to give the Wiz bench a ton of credit for staying put. That's some pretty incredible discipline when it's happening 4 feet from you. I also like the white assistant coach yelling "noooooooo" as Oubre is charging.

Morris is incredible in those clips.

Fjordson

Get outta here with that. Draymond literally kicked too many people in the balls that he got suspended for the NBA finals, as in there was an actual count of how many times he had done that.
Get outta here with what? Olynyk injured a player and put him out for months, something Draymond's never done. Then tried to do it again this year. Those are simple facts. And that's also not at all why Draymond got suspended.

The point isn't that Draymond is a saint, it's the difference between the attention that the two get and the reasons why.

spyder_ur

Get outta here with what? Olynyk injured a player and put him out for months, something Draymond's never done. Then tried to do it again this year. Those are simple facts. And that's also not at all why Draymond got suspended.

The point isn't that Draymond is a saint, it's the difference between the attention that the two get and the reasons why.

Plenty of people have injured a player - you confident that Draymond hasn't? It's basketball - evaluating a play after the fact based on whether a guy suffered an injury is pretty silly.
We've already talked enough about the Love play 2 years ago so I'm not really interested in doing that again. I'm not sure if you're really trying to suggest he was trying to injure Oubre last night (or Lopez in round 1).

Taking it to race seems lame as shit to me - apologies if I misinterpreted and that's not where it was headed. Draymond gets more attention because he's more visible and because Draymond did it like 5 times in a single postseason and cost his team a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom