• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy DJ

I know someone brought this up earlier but what the hell is with Ryan Anderson's shooting at home? His home/road splits don't make any sense.

TTG

Got home court back, now it's on!

- Gasol continues to be a really underrated player, seems to be his destiny. He was great tonight.

- Spurs hands up don't call foul is gud. Same for their pick and roll defense. Harden finished a bunch of times over Pau, but they got nothing off Andersen and Gordon. You don't have to send help every time.

- I thought Ginobili would have more than 16 minutes with Parker out. I'm sure he will if Simmons starts to struggle. I would watch for him in game 4

- Where's Decker? D'Antoni has a really short bench right now. Maybe more fresh bodies will speed the game up for him.

- Lebron has a stupid hat on.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Based on what you're seeing, who do you guys think gives GSW and CLE a better conference finals fight in their respective conferences?
Spurs and Wizards. East doesn't matter because the Lebrons will walk through. In the west I think the Warriors beat the Rockets in 5 and Spurs in six. Rockets offense is worse than GS and their defense is magnitudes worse.

Line_HTX

(Gears of War commander during multiplayer) "Disgraceful. I want you all to think about your mother, your father, and Little SUZY and everyone else counting on you!"

Jesus, fuck attempting all these mid-range shots, SMH...

spyder_ur

I missed almost all of the game tonight (took the lady to GOTG). Seems neither team shot particularly well?

I'm not particularly surprised by the result. Even after game 1 I thought the Spurs were a very slight favorite, and still feel that way.

Based on what you're seeing, who do you guys think gives GSW and CLE a better conference finals fight in their respective conferences?

The Spurs are the better team, but I think the Rockets would have a better shot of upsetting the Warriors, if only for the variance that their style of play brings. They could just get hot.

In the East, I'd say the Celtics mostly because they would have homecourt, but also because they at least have bodies to throw at Cleveland's perimeter players.

It's a wash in the East but I think both the Czzz and the Wizards will at least have heart. Indiana and Toronto are both gutless teams. Studio gangsters.

No brainer out West. Pop and Kawhi, all day.

The Kooky Goatee Villians Of NorCal would be pushed by SA. The Rockets would get demolished in a Gentleman's sweep, methinks. Plus, I think GS would be more disciplined against the Troll Foul Bros. (Harden and Williams)

Bread

Banned
im starting to think that raptors might not win it in 7.
Clearly you don't want enough basketball if you think the Cavs are better than the Raptors. If the offense was built around the Raptors they would be the #1 option while the Cavs are all role players. I tend to think for myself and ignore what the media tells me to think.

JauntyVelvetyCockroach-size_restricted.gif

This game made me wish to see more frontcourt magic from nba teams in the playoffs. Old twin towers Spurs would have destroyed this Rockets team. Hakeem was there last night, he must miss it too.

I had a really weird dream last night. It looked like a cartoon and started with a zoomed out 3/4 overhead shot of a van arriving at some sort of research facility. Then Kawhi Leonard was playing 1 on 1 against a creature that kept evolving between plays until it was nearly as large as the half court. He kept destroying the creature (the commentators were going crazy), regardless of how big it got, until it eventually exploded when he won and the dream ended. It was kind of like Resident Evil mixed with NBA Jam. It may have also predicted that the Spurs win the NBA championship. I don't think they can take more than 1 game off the Warriors, but who knows.

ViciousDS

Banned
Got home court back, now it's on!

- Gasol continues to be a really underrated player, seems to be his destiny. He was great tonight.

- Spurs hands up don't call foul is gud. Same for their pick and roll defense. Harden finished a bunch of times over Pau, but they got nothing off Andersen and Gordon. You don't have to send help every time.

- I thought Ginobili would have more than 16 minutes with Parker out. I'm sure he will if Simmons starts to struggle. I would watch for him in game 4

- Where's Decker? D'Antoni has a really short bench right now. Maybe more fresh bodies will speed the game up for him.

- Lebron has a stupid hat on.

He carried the bulls two seasons......it easily made me see how and why Kobe won two with him. Dude is a fucking HOF'er.

side note......Playoff mode Cavs are so fucking ridiculous its unreal. If boston moves on I can see them getting destroyed, they truly are one of the weakest 1st seeds in a long time.

Cornbread78

I had a really weird dream last night. It looked like a cartoon and started with a zoomed out 3/4 overhead shot of a van arriving at some sort of research facility. Then Kawhi Leonard was playing 1 on 1 against a creature that kept evolving between plays until it was nearly as large as the half court. He kept destroying the creature (the commentators were going crazy), regardless of how big it got, until it eventually exploded when he won and the dream ended. It was kind of like Resident Evil mixed with NBA Jam. It may have also predicted that the Spurs win the NBA championship. I don't think they can take more than 1 game off the Warriors, but who knows.

You need to dial back on the shounen fighting anime.

Now I'm no gambler or anything but does this mean that the Warriors are not favored to win tonight?
Dave Tuley
@ViewFromVegas

Tonight, Warriors are -6 at Jazz (2-0 ATS in series); Jazz +1.5 in 1st Q and +2 in 1st H (lines shaded lower due to aforementioned trend)

or does it just mean the warriors will score 6 less points in the game, and the Jazz will have 3.5 extra points in the 1st half?

because if it's the former, I think I might need to place a bet on my Dubs.

Undefined

Now I'm no gambler or anything but does this mean that the Warriors are not favored to win tonight?
Dave Tuley
@ViewFromVegas

Tonight, Warriors are -6 at Jazz (2-0 ATS in series); Jazz +1.5 in 1st Q and +2 in 1st H (lines shaded lower due to aforementioned trend)

or does it just mean the warriors will score 6 less points in the game, and the Jazz will have 3.5 extra points in the 1st half?

because if it's the former, I think I might need to place a bet on my Dubs.

Golden State -6 is they are favored by 6 points. Means that you subtract 6 from there final score and they would still win. If you think this will happen, then bet on Golden State.

So Jazz +1.5 in 1st Q means if you add 1.5 to Jazz's score after 1st Q then they win the 1st Q. If you think this will happen then you can bet on Jazz.

Golden State -6 is they are favored by 6 points. Means that you subtract 6 from there final score and they would still win. If you think this will happen, then bet on Golden State.

So Jazz +1.5 in 1st Q means if you add 1.5 to Jazz's score after 1st Q then they win the 1st Q. If you think this will happen then you can bet on Jazz.

That just doesn't sound right to me.... -6 means they are favored to win by 6?
wouldn't that be a +6?

I was thinking that if they are -6 (as in lose by 6), and I think they will win anyway, then I would want to bet on the Dubs since the odds are against them.... right?

But I don't gamble, so I don't know how all that works.

Nafai1123

Banned
wouldn't that be a +6?

I was thinking that if they are -6 (as in lose by 6), and I think they will win anyway, then I would want to bet on the Dubs since the odds are against them.... right?

It's weird but he's right. Minus is the favorite, number is the spread. You can also bet under if you think they'll win by less than 6 or over if they"ll win by more.

Brashnir

wouldn't that be a +6?

It's minus because you subtract that number from their score.

Kwhit10

It's weird but he's right. Minus is the favorite, number is the spread. You can also bet under if you think they'll win by less than 6 or over if they"ll win by more.

You would bet Warriors -6 if you think they'll win by more than six. You'd bet jazz +6 if you think jazz will win or lose by 5 points or less.

Over and under has to do with total points by both teams.

Kickz

Gotta hand it to Pop, he is a genius at setting up a gameplan and having his team execute it. Made the Rockets look like absolute fools out there.
mjgrin.png

Man this Spurs x Rockets series is the only series worth watchin right now

Tall4Life

Gotta hand it to Pop, he is a genius at setting up a gameplan and having his team execute it. Made the Rockets look like absolute fools out there.
mjgrin.png

Man this Spurs x Rockets series is the only series worth watchin right now

the celtics/wizards series has been incredible

the story of every game so far has been "can the celtics come back from a 30 point deficit in the first half?"

FZZ

Banned
So what do you guys think the lineups will be for Cavs vs. Warriors?

I wanna know who Cleveland plans on using to contain 4 all stars defensively

or will they only try to lock down Curry & Durant and pray Klay & Dray don't go off

or will they only try to lock down Curry & Durant and pray Klay & Dray don't go off

Can anyone lock down both Curry and Durant? Legit question, because I can't see how a team might be able to take 2 players out of the game, especially 2 guys you need to scheme for. IMO you focus on Durant and pray Curry chokes.

FZZ

Banned
Can anyone lock down both Curry and Durant? Legit question, because I can't see how a team might be able to take 2 players out of the game, especially 2 guys you need to scheme for. IMO you focus on Durant and pray Curry chokes.

Shump & JR can limit Steph on the perimeter, Shump could actually guard him when he tries to lay it in as well. But no Delly means they can't lock him down.

Bron on KD

Shump & JR can limit Steph on the perimeter, Shump could actually guard him when he tries to lay it in as well. But no Delly means they can't lock him down.

Bron on KD

Guarding Steph one on one on the perimeter is probably not the best idea. Shump can try to bully him around, but he can't shut down Curry on his own for long stretches. Bron on KD is a natural matchup, however it leaves the paint somewhat vulnerable because Frye and Love suck ass and Thompson would be a poor matchup with Draymond. Besides, that leaves you with Kyrie guarding Klay, which LOL.

It's a nightmare for the Cavs on defense. Their best shot is probably to just outshoot the Warriors, which is possible. On defense their best bet is probably to amp up the physicality and try to body up guys. If the refs call it close, so be it.

Joei

Bron on KD

Shump and JR did a great job last year limiting both Curry and Thompson, partly because they were more physical with them than they were used to. Kerr was even moaning about in the post game press conferences. That said, the big problem is having Love and Irving on the floor at the same time considering both are big liabilities on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom