• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vestal

This is seriously one of the most stupid stats I have ever fucking seen.http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-19323569

Idmls8Z.png

It sounds like a fucking Major League movie stat that Bob Uecker spout out..

"He is batting .400 against Lefties from the American League on a clear night sky following a Rain delay on the second to last game of the season."

Can anyone lock down both Curry and Durant? Legit question, because I can't see how a team might be able to take 2 players out of the game, especially 2 guys you need to scheme for. IMO you focus on Durant and pray Curry chokes.
No, you gameplan against Curry, not KD if you want to win. You can beat the Warriors with KD going off, you won't be beating them if Steph does because unlike KD he elevates the entire teams' game when he's on.

jman2050

I'm positive the plan against GS would be to body them on the perimeter whenever possible and try to outshoot them and hope Lebron being Lebron will tip the scales in their favor. KD can do whatever he wants.

VeeP

No, you gameplan against Curry, not KD if you want to win. You can beat the Warriors with KD going off, you won't be beating them if Steph does because unlike KD he elevates the entire teams' game when he's on.

Either way. Difficult strategy. There's been games where Curry chokes and Klay just goes off. There's gonna be games where Curry is off and KD is gonna go off. You put your best defender on Curry, and the Warriors still have so many weapons. Gonna be fun to watch how Cavs and Spurs/Rockets go at them.

El Topo

This is seriously one of the most stupid stats I have ever fucking seen.

I don't find it worse than shit like "This is the first time a player had 23 points without any free throws, 7 rebounds, 8 assists and only 1 turnover in 24 minutes on a Monday at the Madison Square Garden since 1988".

Either way. Difficult strategy. There's been games where Curry chokes and Klay just goes off. There's gonna be games where Curry is off and KD is gonna go off. You put your best defender on Curry, and the Warriors still have so many weapons. Gonna be fun to watch how Cavs and Spurs/Rockets go at them.
yeah those 1 out of 30 games is what teams should be counting on

Warriors obviously have more top heavy weapons than any team in the history of the game, I'm just saying if Curry is playing well no team has a chance in hell of beating them. Not that he's going to be hot every game. Last game, they played an awkward taking turns between Curry and KD on who does what for example. It's a weird pecking order, reminds me of 2011 Heat.

Cipherr

This is seriously one of the most stupid stats I have ever fucking seen.http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-19323569

Idmls8Z.png

It sounds like a fucking Major League movie stat that Bob Uecker spout out..

"He is batting .400 against Lefties from the American League on a clear night sky following a Rain delay on the second to last game of the season."

The fuck? Most consecutive post season wins after losing a finals in 7 games the year prior
tiidn0N.png

The shit they come up with man...

TTG

Fizdale on the pregame circus? I have to unmute.

EDIT: nope, back on mute. Jaylen Rose is happy to yap all over everyone.

TTG

To me that's Durant's greatest value for this team on offense. When the game is slow and muddy he's not really affected by it, punishing game regardless.

TTG

Someone fly Rocco in for emergency therapy, Klay is upset. Mike should keep him with Steph and/or Durant for the rest of the game in case Rocco is stuck at the airport.

It should be credit toward Draymond that it seems pretty obvious that getting under his skin, getting him in foul trouble, is a good way to mess with the Warriors, but he's a smart enough defender and generally keeps his cool enough to avoid it

Tom Penny

..they have the best three point defense in the league though...
Meh. Game one Jazz had countless open 3's too. Cavs shooting 40+ percent in the playoffs. Whomever coaches has to get a clue and play dray Curry klay and Durant 40+ minutes a game if they have to to expose the Cavs D.

Meh. Game one Jazz had countless open 3's too. Cavs shooting 40+ percent in the playoffs. Whomever coaches has to get a clue and play dray Curry klay and Durant 40+ minutes a game if they have to to expose the Cavs D.

With the way the Cavs try to play bull-ball against the Warriors, the starters wouldn't survive 40+ minutes a game

TTG

David West has played as much as Zaza and Javale combined, Klay is frozen out on a second unit that cannot find him.

e8e62-mikebrownglasses.jpg

Vintage Mike Brown.

To be fair

Raptors and Pacers are just garbage , Cavs look unbeatable but both those teams are just shit, shook for no reason

Warriors can easily lose because jump shooters can go cold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom