• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTG

This was Jazz's best punch, kinda feel bad for them.

39%, 32% from 3. It's not. They will ignore Iggy and Draymond all game, run as much pick and roll as they can and hope they shoot better. And they've got Mike Brown. Not the worst position to be in all things considered if you're just trying to win a game.

KD is scared of Bron

one of the reasons he didn't go east

Lebron had a fully healthy team and it still took him 7 to beat the Warriors who were injured and fatigued. He also needed some help from a Green suspension.

Yet somehow, he's going to beat a vastly improved Warriors team without home court?

mjp2417

Banned
He plays the warriors either way.

Sure, but the Jazz as currently constructed simply can't play with the Warriors and there is no real path forward in Utah beyond waiting them out. Hayward and Gobert need another elite player and I don't see where that comes from beyond somehow finding a Kawhi/Giannis/Draymond steal later in the draft.

FZZ

Banned
Lebron had a fully healthy team and it still took him 7 to beat the Warriors who were injured and fatigued. He also needed some help from a Green suspension.

Yet somehow, he's going to beat a vastly improved Warriors team without home court?

Where in the fuck did you get that from KD choosing to not go east

I hope your team gets spanked in the Finals just like last year

lebron-1.jpeg

Bam Bam...

why don't you just stop.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about, at all.

Does your schtick not get tiring for you, ever?

He didn't have to face the conundrum of having to choose between rooting for that team, the Warriors, and the other contender from the West

I'm glad that last year happened. Now there's a team in the league that is built to block Lebron from winning until his old ass falls apart.

LionPride

Banned

Do you ever get fucking tired of saying dumb ass bullshit about one fuckong player? A top 5 all time player? Someone who constantly has done well for years? Or does it just fufill your sad life?

cHaotix8

Buncha salty ass dudes in here, lol. I think it's pretty cool to be able to witness a historically great NBA team like this and take the game to another level. It's not gonna last forever.

I'm just a Mavs fan though.

Warriors played pretty poorly but still won by double digits on the back of their D and Kevin Durant. I do worry that their usual destructive passing was absent. KD isos are devastating but they don't match great passing and off ball movement.

Buncha salty ass dudes in here, lol. I think it's pretty cool to be able to witness a historically great NBA team like this and take the game to another level. It's not gonna last forever.

I'm just a Mavs fan though.

We're basically watching LeBron Heat level of saltiness. Ill be honest, I was one of the people who gave LeBron shit for putting a team together with Wade and Bosh, but really, it was the right decision for him and we got to see one of the best multi year runs for a team ever.

FZZ

Banned
The thing about the Heatles was that it still felt like they could be challenged

four trips to the finals and only 2 chips, one they didn't get because Bron choked and the other was an injury ridden Heat squad being carried by LeBron

This Warriors team seems like 5 years of terror unless the team gets broken up or a kryptonite is formed in the west that can dismantle them

aka the Lakers

Michael Pina @MichaelVPina

The Warriors ranked 29th in defensive rebound percentage during the regular season. In the playoffs, they rank 1st.
9:22 PM · May 6, 2017

Bronx-Man

Banned
I will be vigorously beating my dick when KD goes full Super Saiyan in the Finals and still gets shut down by LeBron.

Steph is gone
Their dumbass owner won't pay him the super max , he'd rather keep KD

Steph going to the hornets

It'd be fitting considering the closest Charlotte's come to ever having a 'star' was Dell Curry.

yuraya

Spurs are the only legit threat to the Warriors. That will probably be a 7 game series. And that is out of respect to Pop and how well they can play defense.

Otherwise Warriors beat Rockets in 5 and sweep the Cavs in the finals. Everyone gloating about the Cavs but fail to realize the only threat they've faced in the playoffs thus far has been Serge Ibaka. The east is trash. Jordan would go to 100 straight finals if his bulls teams played in the current east.

Tall4Life

Spurs are the only legit threat to the Warriors. That will probably be a 7 game series. And that is out of respect to Pop and how well they can play defense.

Otherwise Warriors beat Rockets in 5 and sweep the Cavs in the finals. Everyone gloating about the Cavs but fail to realize the only threat they've faced in the playoffs thus far has been Serge Ibaka. The east is trash. Jordan would go to 100 straight finals if his bulls teams played in the current east.
That was literally the argument last year

Now I don't think Lebrong can pull this one off but it certainly won't be a sweep

the Warriors won 67 games despite their best player missing 20 games. This is a team that won 73 games and then added a top 3 player in the world in his prime. It's possible this is just an all time (maybe THE all time?) great team we are in the midst of seeing. Wouldn't surprise me to see them run the table, and then you have to look at their resume: 67, 73, 67 wins in a 3 year run. 2 titles. 73 wins in a season. 16-0 playoff run. That starts to stack up as an all timer.

TTG

After Lowry's comments on Lebron. It should be. Talk about giving up. I hope we don't even re-sign Lowry.

This is the same chump that tried to call Lue for advice last year while he was playing against them, do I have that right?

The double standard for Raptors versus Clippers is off the scale. If Blake said something like that he would be mugged outside the arena and it would be televised and called by a couple of ESPN clowns, that's if they could manage to not get a couple of punches in themselves.

Nah, I learned what true humiliation felt like in 2015 in the WCSF, I'm ready and hyped

So am I! I like the way your coach handles himself and the Spurs' discipline lifts the typical Rockets game out of the toilet. It's been great.

Here's a weekly reminder: the toughest competition faced in his million straight finals was Roy Hibbert, Lance Stevenson, and Paul George. lolsies. He hasn't had an easy finals though. You can argue OKC was ripe for a loss being so young and all, but those players have gone on to be pretty much as good as it gets.

the Warriors won 67 games despite their best player missing 20 games. This is a team that won 73 games and then added a top 3 player in the world in his prime. It's possible this is just an all time (maybe THE all time?) great team we are in the midst of seeing. Wouldn't surprise me to see them run the table, and then you have to look at their resume: 67, 73, 67 wins in a 3 year run. 2 titles. 73 wins in a season. 16-0 playoff run. That starts to stack up as an all timer.
The story is actually about one hero toppling the Titan though. We've had super teams, we've never had one player style on a super team so hard that they didn't become a dynasty because of how good one dude was.

FZZ

Banned

They won't go 16-0

Lakers 2001 is still the greatest playoff team ever

mjp2417

Banned

Spurs have absolutely no chance against the Dubs. The Rockets have a very slight chance simply due to 3 pt. shot variance, and the Cavs have a slightly better one due to 3 pt. variance + LeBron factor, but that's about it. I really miss last year's playoffs when there four teams that were all roughly at the same level of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom