• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
RL8aA2o.jpg

I hope you don't count on stealing the Lakers pick. League isn't gonna let this happen.

Ripenen

What's the take on Isaiah Thomas "cheating" by carrying the ball? Hoiberg complained about it and I watched the bballbreakdown vid on it, but I'm not sure what to think.

Unfortunately now it's all I see when I watch him play.

Cornbread78

What's the take on Isaiah Thomas "cheating" by carrying the ball? Hoiberg complained about it and I watched the bballbreakdown vid on it, but I'm not sure what to think.

It's treated the same way as "traveling" in the NBA. He really needs to get over little things like this. If they really started closely monitoring traveling and carrying, then the NBA would be a turn-over fest..

Thomas isn't doing anything different than any other player in the NBA with regards to carrying.

Ripenen

Thomas isn't doing anything different than any other player in the NBA with regards to carrying.

Maybe it's just exaggerated because of his size? He has that hesitation move where it's very noticeable. I don't notice it quite as much with players like Kryie, Curry, Harden, or CP3 who all have great handles and move around with the ball a lot.

Ripenen

It's treated the same way as "traveling" in the NBA. He really needs to get over little things like this. If they really started closely monitoring traveling and carrying, then the NBA would be a turn-over fest..

If they actually started calling travels players would modify their behavior just as they do with rule changes. The problem would be actually making those calls with any kind of consistency.

FZZ

Banned
btw can we put an end to the Celtics being a fake one seed or a trash ass team or something

even though they should probably be second seed, they're still the second best team in the east. Playoffs have proven that.

spyder_ur

There are definitely some violations.

The irony is that his opponents in the first two rounds are as guilty of it as he is. It's not a big difference maker.

btw can we put an end to the Celtics being a fake one seed or a trash ass team or something

even though they should probably be second seed, they're still the second best team in the east. Playoffs have proven that.

I mean I do think the Celtics are one of the weakest 1 seeds in recent memory, but I agree, there's nothing fake about it.

The other myth that needs to end is that the Celtics have no players worth a damn, but only 'assets'. These terrible players earned the Celtics the #1 seed and have them one win away from the conference finals, a place that exactly 3 other teams have achieved.

They've done it all without sacrificing anything in the future or panicking and assigning village idiot Magic Johnson actual responsibilities.

Really enjoying this ride.

Don't do that to yourself man, once you start noticing guys traveling or committing offensive fouls you won't be able to watch the NBA.

Line_HTX

That ESPN graphic jinxed us about elimination games at home. We're doomed now and SAS gonna pull something out of their ass outta nowhere that's not named Manu or Aldridge or Mills again.

BadAss2961

Would be funny to see Cleveland lose to Boston in 7, since they couldn't be bothered to play two regular season games to wrap up home court.

LionPride

Banned
Kobe went 87-77 playing alongside Smush Parker, Wade only went 1-8. The answer is pretty obviously Kobe.
As a player, I'll take DWade tbh. If not for Shaq and Pau Gasol, Kobe ain't got rings. Now I don't care for the rings argument, but that shit needs to be said before anyone else brings anything up.

As a player, I'll take DWade tbh. If not for Shaq and Pau Gasol, Kobe ain't got rings. Now I don't care for the rings argument, but that shit needs to be said before anyone else brings anything up.

I'd take Wade as well easily, he was truly impressive in his prime. One small caveat is that he was injured more frequently than Kobe and his absolute prime was a bit shorter than Kobe's, but Wade was just ridiculous.

beat

Next, start looking for illegal screens.

(did you know that by the letter of the law, a screener's feet should be about shoulder-width apart? I bet there hasn't been a truly legal screen in decades.)

you can be a rockets fan and admit that Harden games the system. it's ok, it's allowed.

It's like, only rockets fans defend his style of play. I never see fans of ANY other teams saying they enioy what he does (with fouls specifically). I'm a diehard spurs fan and I can easily admit manu sells it a lot on contact too. It's ok to be unbiased when talking ball you know.

Line_HTX

Simmons will start in place of Leonard.

They better fucking finish games and not derp down the stretch. This is becoming a common occurance in these playoffs. Fucking force Game 7 please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom