• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
C_l4C52VwAALnGd.jpg

TTG

Yep. Well called. Nerves get the better of me. To be fair this team hasn't shown this much heart lately. I believe we lost the OKC and clippers series last two seasons because of desire not ability. This series and the grizz series was so much heart.

I don't know. Was it game 1 or 2 against the Clippers when they just went to Duncan all 4th(and ot?) and he had an amazing game. Nullifying DJ's athleticism, scoring really well. That's a clear memory of Duncan in a career that's really not so memorable besides the numbers and ringz.

OKC was a juggernaut too. And now there's GSW. Mike Brown shitting the bed, that's something.

Line_HTX

Told you that ESPN should never have shown that stat this morning on elimination games at home. Last time I watched an elimination game was against Jazz and against Portland, both were Game 7's IIRC.

Ryno needs to be traded get his stupid ass outta town, and we need a fucking real center already. Gordon and Ariza better not show their faces.

Warriors/Spurs is going to be a tough series. The Spurs remind me of last years Thunder team. I can see this going seven games. This is the series where they will need Kerr to come back.

TTG

I just turned it on, maybe half the seats in the front are filled and the Rockets are turning the ball over looking at each other.

Miami is always catching shit, but I don't remember anything like these Houston crowds ever. Even in an elimination playoff game they wander in late. You don't want to play the Spurs in an empty building, it's what they've always wanted anyway with how they treat the media, but it could knock you off your game.

Hopefully Aldridge can keep this up. I'm not sure what Timmy told him, but whatever it was he seems to be balling now. Performances like tonight are what everyone was hoping to see. Murray, Simmons and Mills have also stepped up. The key next series is going to be the bench play, so I'm a little happy with what I've seen.

Bread

Banned
This proves that Harden is the MVP. Look at how his team did when he didn't show up, that just illustrates how amazing he was all year and why I want him leading me in a Game 6 of the playoffs. He cemented his status in the league today.

man people need to stop insulting the Warriors.
Spurs about to get the Cavs Raptors beat down.
NBA wants Warriors vs Cavs.

Nobody wants to see Spurs vs Cavs. Spurs would win.

Tommy DJ

i would've loved a spurs vs gsw matchup during the previous two years, not so much now.

please prove me wrong pop

If Kerr isn't back, perhaps Pop will get another chance to steal Mike Brown's lunch lol. I think that's the only chance the Spurs beat this Warriors team.

Alright, you guys have convinced me. I'm switching my MVP vote to Harden.

As shown in this game, he has earned it.

This proves that Harden is the MVP. Look at how his team did when he didn't show up, that just illustrates how amazing he was all year and why I want him leading me in a Game 6 of the playoffs. He cemented his status in the league today.

This is me and this is you seeing eyeball to eyeball.

FAFcTRg.jpg

I think one of us has to settle for merely being the Pope.

man people need to stop insulting the Warriors.
Spurs about to get the Cavs Raptors beat down.
NBA wants Warriors vs Cavs.

Nobody wants to see Spurs vs Cavs. Spurs would win.
Nobody is disrespecting the Warriors. Even us Spurs fans don't think theyll win. We hope they do, and I think they can, but Warriors are the top dog for a reason. We all get that.

Ronin Ray

Yep. Well called. Nerves get the better of me. To be fair this team hasn't shown this much heart lately. I believe we lost the OKC and clippers series last two seasons because of desire not ability. This series and the grizz series was so much heart.

What is this ? As a spurs fan stop. They lost those series because those teams were better period. What is this hot take desire stuff? Nothing worse then losing and coming up with the nonsense excuses. It was heart, passion, desire , no it was will. No they just lost, just like we are going to lose to the warriors. There just better simple and plain .

Probably would've lost by 40 too.

Unquestionably. The Rockets were a better team then OKC and got demolished this game. OKC got owned by the Spurs the times I caught the matchup.

I just prefer the dude who doesn't quit on his team. Westbrook isn't disappearing like this in a game 6. He's shooting 40 shots, uncontrollably slashing through the lane, and possibly dying on the court. The living embodiment of rage.

Clear eyes, full heart, still lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom