• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

led4lyfe

John Wall is not very good at hero ball. Between game 2 and tonight he was extremely sloppy making poor shot selections and passes in crunch time. I understand he hit the clutch three in game 6 but that was an aberration. A guy of that size and quickness he needs to be driving the lanes getting and-1s ala Prime Wade. A lot of it might have to do with him being gassed because I noticed he plays a lot more aggressive in the paint in the first half of these games.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Glad IT got it together and finally became his old self a bit where he got hot. Also awesome to see Kelly hitting his shots. If he was even somewhat consistent from 3 he could be a damn solid bench player.

John Wall is not very good at hero ball. Between game 2 and tonight he was extremely sloppy making poor shot selections and passes in crunch time. I understand he hit the clutch three in game 6 but that was an aberration. A guy of that size and quickness he needs to be driving the lanes getting and-1s ala Prime Wade. A lot of it might have to do with him being gassed because I noticed he plays a lot more aggressive in the paint in the first half of these games.

Wall played 44 minutes, he's great but he needs a backup PG that isn't complete trash.

I'll drink a jar of my own piss if Lonzo Ball lasts more than 4 years in the league.

I'm holding you to this.

random25

The Boston Celtics who will be playing in the 2017 Eastern Conference Finals also have the highest chance at the 1st NBA Draft 2017 Lottery Pick

Has this ever happened in league history?

Didn't Boston win the 2nd overall draft pick as a defending champ in 1986? Boston has some voodoo magic when it comes to getting draft picks.

spyder_ur

Glad IT got it together and finally became his old self a bit where he got hot. Also awesome to see Kelly hitting his shots. If he was even somewhat consistent from 3 he could be a damn solid bench player.

Dude, he IS a very solid bench player, at minimum. He is also consistent from 3.

Boogs31

Not sure if it was the injury but the utter lack of defense from Morris was laughable. Gortat and Mahinmi both seemed scared of the moment.

Celtics were the more disciplined team. Washington had to earn everything offensively. I lost track of how many missed assignments the Wizards had on defense.

Best I've ever seen Olynyk play.

Also very curious to see if the Al Horford the Celtics got in these first two rounds will carry over to the matchup against the Cavs. The version of Horford the Atlanta Hawks got against Cleveland the last two years was absolutely useless.

LionPride

Banned
Lavar Ball is honestly just that loud talkin nigga at the barbershop who says dumb shit and tries to sell his mixtape. It's the fault of the media for giving him air play. He ain't sayin shit I ain't heard before

I would like to see anyone win the finals other than gs or cavs. Really hope spurs pull though. Have said since last playoffs that id like to see celtics make it but feel that's unlikely against the stacked cavs.

Boogs31

Bennett was a bad pick as soon as he was taken, Ball looks like at worst he'll be a serviceable PG.

Obviously in hindsight Bennett was a bad pick but I'm pretty sure every gm would have taken him in the top 5. It wasn't a very good draft and he had the tools to be a really good offensive player. He shot 40% from three in college, was athletic and already had a man's body. For a 19 year old that's a pretty intriguing package. The problem was he didn't improve his skills once he got to the league and his shooting range didn't extend out to the NBA three point line.

otapnam

Didn't get to watch the game, but wall chucked 7 3s in the 4th quarter? Dude is not a 3 pt shooter. That's like what happened in the other close game, game 4? He started iso'ing and poppin 3s

mjp2417

Banned
Didn't get to watch the game, but wall chucked 7 3s in the 4th quarter? Dude is not a 3 pt shooter. That's like what happened in the other close game, game 4? He started iso'ing and poppin 3s

He was pretty gassed in both Game 2 and Game 7. Brooks had him playing all but 4 minutes tonight and it showed by the fourth quarter.

I hope the Lakers get suckered into drafting all the Ball brothers and give them big money contracts. That will ensure the Lakers will suck for yet another decade

beat

The league has also gotten way stricter on those plays since then

The league was trying to crack down as early as 2006, when they called Bruce Bowen on the phone to tell him to stop undercutting shooters. And Pop was mad about that, back then. He told Bowen to keep playing the way he played.

beat

His floor is probably something like Ricky Rubio with a jump shot. He'll be around for awhile.

Ball's shooting mechanics annoy me far more than they should. Worst case, it'll be too slow to fire off when covered, but I guess he'll still be good when left wide open.

Tommy DJ

The league was trying to crack down as early as 2006, when they called Bruce Bowen on the phone to tell him to stop undercutting shooters. And Pop was mad about that, back then. He told Bowen to keep playing the way he played.

Of course he's going to tell Bowen to keep playing like he's been playing, Bruce Bowen wasn't just a random goon, he was a very skilled 3&D player at the time. Probably the best perimeter defender at the time. Like firing out against Zaza, he's sticking up for his man/team.

The league has cut down on a lot of the seriously dirty plays. You're not going to see John Stockton screens or Bad Boy Pistons paint defenses in this league anymore.

C_6u2FyVYAA3Srp.jpg

I can't believe Ainge gave this loser a max.

Lonzo Ball is kind of an outdated PG in today's NBA. Let's see if his offense develops.

Wait what? He's a tall point guard that can guard multiple positions, loves a fast pace game and jacking up threes. He's like the prototypical modern PG if he can continue doing what he does in the NBA.

random25

Wait what? He's a tall point guard that can guard multiple positions, loves a fast pace game and jacking up threes. He's like the prototypical modern PG if he can continue doing what he does in the NBA.

i don't see how a guy with range is outdated in today's NBA.

Not really talking about his range, but more about his style of play. He's no big time scorer like the current top PGs in the NBA. He's closer to an old-school PG ala CP3 or Kidd, but with height and length. That's why I feel like he's somewhat outdated. But with that height for a ball handler, maybe he can be trained to score more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom