• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

It's a shame Jackson is already 20, dude's a year and a half older than Fultz. Crazy.

Fultz solves so many issues now and going forward. Athletic scorer who may become Bradley or IT replacement. He would immediately bolster the roster since they have one guy that can get his own shots.

Cornbread78

Brown could play SG. I don't see that being a huge problem. I want the team to keep adding youth and athleticism.
I don't think you really worry about stockpiling too many versatile wings

They just need guys that can shoot and score...

Fultz solves so many issues now and going forward. Athletic scorer who may become Bradley or IT replacement. He would immediately bolster the roster since they have one guy that can get his own shots.

This. If the dude can get acclimated with the NBA game quickly, watch out!

spyder_ur

this is insane btw, how the hell could you not be bothered if you lose 2 of your next 3 picks as a lottery team. You think the Lakers are going anywhere with this core?

You forget that they have a seasoned, brilliant executive helming their basketball operations as of March.

Sandfox

this is insane btw, how the hell could you not be bothered if you lose 2 of your next 3 picks as a lottery team. You think the Lakers are going anywhere with this core?

LOL. Losing 2 first round picks is great !!!
At worse the Lakers lose one pick because losing this one means we keep our 2018 pick.

I wouldn't care because I don't have much an attachment to this year's draft class and I'm confident in my team's ability to rebuild without our. Obviously I would choose to keep the pick if I had the choice though.

Tom Penny

At worse the Lakers lose one pick because losing this one means we keep our 2018 pick.

I wouldn't care because I don't have much an attachment to this year's draft class and I'm confident in my team's ability to rebuild without our. Obviously I would choose to keep the pick if I had the choice though.

2019 goes to the Magic...

Bread

Banned

at worst you lose your 2017 and 2019 picks and keep 2018. If that happens you should expect the most unwatchable blatant tank that would make only Hinkie proud. This lottery should be a huge fucking deal for you lmao

Mortemis

Banned

It would obviously suck but I know some fans who've convinced themselves that they already lost it so it doesn't bother them. The trades that led to losing the picks sucked, no reason to dwell on it.

Megatron

We are going to get hosed. I know it. The league has it out for LA. David Sterns last dying wish.........................Make sure LA suffers.

This sentiment cracks me up so much. The most privileged franchise in the nba, and the fans think the league is out to get them. Lol. Laker fans have no idea what actual hardship is.

Sandfox

at worst you lose your 2017 and 2019 picks and keep 2018. If that happens you should expect the most unwatchable blatant tank that would make only Hinkie proud. This lottery should be a huge fucking deal for you lmao
Given how Magic and Pelinka seem to be operating I wouldn't expect that. The 2018 draft blows this one away even past the early picks though.

Tatum looks slow to me. Like a little faster than KO slow..no first step or ups. I don't see the upside.

He's kind of slow and his style is very old school, but his frame is awesome and he moves well enough to offset some of that. Plus the jumper looks flat out legit. He could work but I understand the concerns around him.

Sandfox

trade for who?

there's nobody they could possibly get via trade that would put them over the hump against LeBron
I'm not saying it would happen, just that it would be on my mind whenever I see rookie Fultz. Candidates would probably be guys like PG and Butler.

When is the lottery anyway?

I'm prepared to lose the pick more than keep it. If it happens.....eh I'm not going to lose sleep at this point in my life (I'm more worried about getting a job right now, and other personal things).

This sentiment cracks me up so much. The most privileged franchise in the nba, and the fans think the league is out to get them. Lol. Laker fans have no idea what actual hardship is.

My man, we have set franchise and NBA lows across the board for like 4 years in a row, and its not getting better overnight, the damage the league (David Stern) and ownership have done to the Lakers have set this franchise back a decade from even being relevant. Have costs the League millions, has gotten people fired, it was amazing to see how London has fallen in less than half a decade.

Things are bad, things are at their lowest in franchise history. Um this might not change in my lifetime.

Bread

Banned
Celts have a 36% chance at #4, but only 25% at #1.. how is that fair?
uhh yeah that's to stop teams from tanking

My man, we have set franchise and NBA lows across the board for like 4 years in a row, and its not getting better overnight, the damage the league (David Stern) and ownership have done to the Lakers have set this franchise back a decade from even being relevant. Have costs the League millions, has gotten people fired, it was amazing to see how London has fallen in less than half a decade.
LMAO

won't someone think of the poor lakers fans?

Bread

Banned
Must be nice coming from some one whose team is in the Eastern conf. Finals.
It is. It is very nice to see my team in the eastern conference finals. Especially because we made it back here by being smart and not making win-now trades that mortgage the future. The Lakers did the opposite and now they're paying for it.

How many titles have you seen the Lakers win in your lifetime? That's why you shouldn't complain about being bad for 4 years. That's a shitty look.

It is. It is very nice to see my team in the eastern conference finals. Especially because we made it back here by being smart and not making win-now trades that mortgage the future. The Lakers did the opposite and now they're paying for it.

How many titles have you seen the Lakers win in your lifetime? That's why you shouldn't complain about being bad for 4 years. That's a shitty look.

That I remember watching:

So is Love vs Oly the matchup of the series?
Ine1AkaF_400x400.jpg

jmizzal

Jalen Rose just showed the 1996 draft class and didnt show Allen Iverson, wtf did AI steal his cookies

He showed freaking Marburry

TTG

Woah, Beadle's hair looks freaky, some sort of Mad Max look? Like something out of Fallout 3 create a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom