• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

So excited the Celtics might have landed another Marcus Smart

giphy.gif

I hope they do make the undercut a flagrant this off-season. Undercuts happen all the time, intentionally or otherwise. GSW currently has the ire of everyone because unfortunately Kawhi got injured on an undercut. But ironically, GSW would probably benefit the most if those become flagrants. Steph being the most dangerous shooter with the quickest release in the league seems to get undercut more than anyone else. He complains, but no one gives a shit until someone actually gets hurt, as we have currently seen. Steph has learned to land awkwardly to avoid injury, because he gets undercut so often. Imagine how much more ridiculous he'll be with that rule change.

Bread

Banned
So excited the Celtics might have landed another Marcus Smart

giphy.gif
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Honestly, the draft lottery went pretty well for a lot of team in terms of who they can get

Celtics - Fultz
Lakers - Ball

Sixers - Jackson (can go Monk here, but I see that happening only in a trade down, I like getting Jackson, a wing, here, playing RoCo at the 2. Also gives two defensive studs to cover any issues if Simmons will be guarding point guards)

Suns - Tatum/Jackson if available. Gives them a SF wing, adds to their talent pool at their non-center weakest spot (and Marquesse Chris's already demands alot of space to rim run)

Kings - Fox. Great fit next to their two, maybe three core pieces: Hield, an team leader type shooter with some ball handling ability, Skal, a jumpshooting stretch big, and WCS/maybe Papagiannis, their centers. I just generally want to see Fox + Hield, could be really great.

Magic - Monk. Or Dennis Smith Jr if they want to DRAFT FOR UPSIDE, AND DRAFT A PG. Don't put Aaron Gordon out of position for another season. But, nah, Monk.

Timberwolves - Isaac. Tall, lanky, 3 and plenty of D, and a power forward. Match made in heaven. That being said, Monk's ability to help their shooting word is huge, but they already have a SG logjam, putting Wiggins as their SF as is.

Knicks - Dennis Smith Jr. Upside, athletic, can hopefully benefit from someone tutelage or something. Can feed porzingis.

Mavericks - Frank Nktilina. Raw project, that is solid on D, international, and will be under Carlisle. He will do well.

Kings - plenty of bigs, probably go with Anuoby here, idk, I'm out

Jimrpg

I've only watched the first half so far, but damn LMA... what happened to you - you were good in the first game. Green even told McCaw off to not double him.

and then the play where McCaw takes LMA to the hoop, he couldn't even get off the ground to contest.

HiResDes

I've only watched the first half so far, but damn LMA... what happened to you - you were good in the first game. Green even told McCaw off to not double him.

and then the play where McCaw takes LMA to the hoop, he couldn't even get off the ground to contest.
The secret is his knees have been done and he's just been cruising off a strong midrange shot and size but he's pretty much the most unathletic inexplosive person on the court when he's out there even compared to Pau who's 36.

otapnam

Ahhh. Game 3 isnt till sat? I hope kawhi can come back to make this series half interesting. Dubs need some decent competition going into the finals

Ok, if the Celtics push the cavs to 6 or 7, and I don't mean 6 like 4 blowouts and 2 close wins, MAYBE they trade for something like Butler + Lopez for their pick and Crowder

spyder_ur

Ok, if the Celtics push the cavs to 6 or 7, and I don't mean 6 like 4 blowouts and 2 close wins, MAYBE they trade for something like Butler + Lopez for their pick and Crowder

I wouldn't do that with this year's pick - that ship has sailed - but all gravy for next Brooklyn pick. Bradley gives you at least 70-80% of what Butler does, and he's amazingly a year younger.

I feel somewhat differently about George because of his different skill set, but then you're dealing with FA.

Really, I'm just excited about the Celts drafting and grooming an elite #1 prospect. We've had our share of good luck with Boston, but that situation is one I've never really seen as a fan of the team for my entire life.

Dan Patrick talked about that scenario too this morning. Butler for the #1 or with Indiana with PG

I highly doubt that trade is available now. Bulls and Pacers didn't want to gamble - I understand why - but those same offers are not on the table anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom