• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duxxy3

Only stars I think you could get for Fultz that I could see being sort of fair for both sides:

Butler, Lillard (nah, not after Nurkic), Kyrie, Beal (????, Celtics getting scammed). All others are on expiring contracts, are untouchable, would be a total rip off

The Celtics only trade Fultz if the cavs are vulnerable in this next series

This is how I see it too. If it looks like the Cavs are vulnerable, the Celtics will go all in with Isaiah.

If they get blown out, they might be better of going young and waiting for Lebron to decline.

I think Isaiah is an unexpected surprise. I don't think Danny was expecting to contend until Lebron was gone, or at least in decline (same as the Sixers).

FZZ

Banned
Can't shoot off the dribble going to his right, doesn't shoot mid-range, isn't a strong finisher, has an ugly (more importantly low) shot release, is not a top tier athlete, looked weak defending and NBA tier athlete in Fox.

Mid-range and shooting off the dribble are valid concerns. Not being a top tier athlete isn't a concern, he's not unathletic, he's just not crazy athletic.

he's actually a good finisher unless you mean strong like muscle strength wise

his shot release is low but is fast as hell and has yet to be exploited by anyone, I honestly think this is the biggest thing people are overestimating as an issue

Fox is a bad matchup for Zo and is the fastest in the draft class, but basketball is a team sport and looking at his NCAA season I think he'll be fine.

most importantly his strengths are transcendent. High BBIQ and court vision are staples for great players

Lavar
$500 sneakers

Lavar never interfered with the UCLA team at all

dude is literally just doing publicity for BBB and everyone is eating it up

ZO2's dropping this November

Can't shoot off the dribble going to his right, doesn't shoot mid-range, isn't a strong finisher, has an ugly (more importantly low) shot release, is not a top tier athlete, looked weak defending an NBA tier athlete in Fox.

More damningly perhaps, he sucks running the PnR. Ball is a guy I'd be happy to see toiling away in the Lakers.

Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless unsurprisingly turned Mike Browns story about almost getting arrested into a race thing and gave him crap for it for not being self-aware.

jbug617

Banned
Wyc (Celtics owner) did a couple of interviews today and it seems like the plan is to draft at 1 and try to sign a FA.

He also acknowledges that they will probably going to have to wait out GSW and Cavs.

spyder_ur

Starting 5 tonight?:

Bradley on Kyrie
Jae on Lebron
IT on Smith (Scary)
Johnson on Thompson
Horford on Love

Other than the LeBron-sized question, I actually think the defensive matchups are simpler (though not by any means easier) this series. Isaiah has more places to hide against Cleveland. I'm not terrified by the prospect of him guarding JR.

I expect Johnson to play very few minutes and for the Celtics to go small fairly quickly. They'll take their lumps on the boards.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JabariJYoung/status/864693712684589056

Nice Superstar mentality there LMA. Way to be the man

If I was coach, I would have a long talk with LMA, and if he didn't perform early in the next game... He's riding the pine, and getting traded to the Nets before the game is over. He'll be sitting next to the guy negotiating the trade, just do he could overhear how little we were willing to take for him. LOL

What a defeatist attitude... Supposed to be the #2 guy on the team. SMH

Edit: kinda an over reaction after having watched the video instead of just reading the quoted comment, but whatever. He need to step it up always, Kawhi, or no Kawhi.

spyder_ur

If I was coach, I would have a long talk with LMA, and if he didn't perform early in the next game... He's riding the pine, and getting traded to the Nets before the game is over. He'll be sitting next to the guy negotiating the trade, just do he could overhear how little we were willing to take for him. LOL

What a defeatist attitude... Supposed to be the #2 guy on the team. SMH

Not the Nets please. We have their pick next year and we haven't gotten enough value from that trade yet.

Tom Penny

Sadly KO is the key to them winning any games. They need to go small and hope the Cavs don't just keep rolling out TT Love 2 shooters and Lebron all the time. That's too much shooting and rebounding for them to handle.

Sadly KO is the key to them winning any games. They need to go small and hope the Cavs don't just keep rolling out TT Love 2 shooters and Lebron all the time. That's too much shooting and rebounding for them to handle.

they can go small, but the only way the Cavs don't roll out those lineups at all possible times is if Olynyk rips out Love's other arm to mount on his wall as a trophy

Spurs fans when Zaza goes play there

u2gkRO9.png

spyder_ur

Ehh, I like their chances of going small more than playing Kelly a bunch.

I would say their best shot is depth, wearing out starters/LeBron and potentially foul trouble/having an edge in bench units based on speed and athleticism. The problem is that LeBron is a goddamn cyborg and the Cavs were able to acquire two key depth guys for nothing during the season.

Still think they win tonight.

Tom Penny

Ehh, I like their chances of going small more than playing Kelly a bunch.

I would say their best shot is depth, wearing out starters/LeBron and potentially foul trouble/having an edge in bench units based on speed and athleticism. The problem is that LeBron is a goddamn cyborg and the Cavs were able to acquire two key depth guys for nothing during the season.

Still think they win tonight.

Playing Kelly is going small. Smart isn't keeping TT off the boards.Al KO Jae Bradley IT is a lot of shooting. Problem is any defensive switch on KO IT is a disaster.

spyder_ur

Playing Kelly is going small. Smart isn't keeping TT off the boards.Al KO Jae Bradley IT is a lot of shooting. Problem is any defensive switch on KO IT is a disaster.

I don't consider playing Al and Kelly together to be going small. And yeah, with that lineup there are just way too many PnR combinations that will kill you.

I'm curious if lineups like IT/Bradley/Smart/Crowder (or Brown)/Al will be able to compete. A lot depends on if they can make shots and generate any turnovers/scrap points.

FZZ

Banned
I actually think Cavs got too much rest and Celtics are coming hot off a euphoric win

Would not be surprised if Celtics win this game

I think on the Cavs only LeBron is gonna show up

of course as the series progresses I do no expect Celtics to win, but this game is their best bet at taking one

Spurs fan filing lawsuit against the warriors and zaza on kawhi injury ...LOL

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-fan-files-lawsuit-against-Warriors-11153272.php

I think someone should show him the LMA slide under on Durant from the last game, or the one that was attempted to Curry right after Kawhi got hurt.
But they probably don't care about that since 1) no one got hurt
2) it wasn't happening to their team.

Can we sue Zaza for Durant's injury earlier this season too?

I'm mixed on that. It sucks that Durant got hurt, but that injury was what woke the Warriors up and stop trying so hard to integrate Durant and instead remember that they can ball out with or without him on the court. It's also what led to the bench and McCaw finally finding their groove

Caveliers please blow them out. Body them double perfect games.

Pressures on the Cavs to perform. Dubs up 2-0 in the finals ave Cavs have yet to play a game.
But IT and the Celts got a TV movie they are trying to get made right now (Larger than Life*), and trying to secure some sort of good effort happy ending that requires a few wins to be totally based on a true story.

That's my working title right now.
Playing on IT's size and current tragedy

Bread

Banned
Local broadcast suggested trading 1st pick for Porzingis. I'd be down for this only to see how the Knicks would mess it up.
I'd do it just so Knicks fans would have to watch him win a title in Boston while their front office failed to get any talent to play with Fultz.

Dizzan

MINI Member
I'm predicting a Celtics win today.

I think the break will actually hurt Cleveland and they will struggle to find their rhythm throughout the game.

Celtics by 18 points.

Pops post-game will be epic.

Nah, Toronto or Washington would easily beat this Spurs team san Parker and Kawhi.
Toronto can't shoot from behind the arc even if their lives depend on it. When your best player doesn't have range and your point guard is out of commission, you're done.

Went to game 3 and watched the raptors get owned in the second half, they simply couldn't keep up.

Sanjuro

I was debating going to the game tonight. Maybe I'll go to game two. Despite whatever outcome, in the back of my head it's always an opportunity to see LeBron live in his prime.

Wish I could say the same about Larry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom