• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

I feel so old saying I witnessed Paul Pierce's entire career from day1...

This was one of the more surreal things for me about getting older. When you're young, sports stars are literally larger than life. You don't imagine any weaknesses or possibility of change.

When you get old enough to see entire careers progress from promising rookie to washed up, limited veteran on his last legs, and everything in between - it's kind of a trip. And it gives your a broader perspective on sports. Shaq was one of the first example of this for me, though I don't remember his early years all too well.

LionPride

Banned
Being able to watch the new crop of talent since 2012 advance and whatnot is pretty cool, interesting to see how they evolve as they get older

...and trade IT.

You don't trade a superstar after adding one (unless someone offers something stupid for IT). Bradley or Smart will be traded instead.

The dream scenario is a death row line-up of IT, Fultz, Bradley/Smart, Hayward and Horford. That's wunderbar small ball. If either Yabusele or Zizic come over and if even one of them is actually good, you'd have a good in house option if they want to go big.

Danny has so many options it would take a monumental fuckup to mess this up.

I could have been more specific by saying "adult life" lol. I remember small bits from my youth, but PP was straight adult life.

My favorite era was anything from 1985-2000 (i know it's a big gap but it was great). And now how the game has totally change from then to now. I'm glad ESPN did the 30 for 30 on Bad Boys, Reggie and the Knicks. I wish there was one with Miami/NY and more of the Lakers/Celtics rivalry.

Cornbread78

Cornito and sf2 are washed up olds.

*Smug

Learn some respect mofo..

giphy.gif

Bread

Banned
I really hope they don't trade Fultz. It is so rare to be in this position especially in a draft with a superstar talent. This is franchise changing, 10-15 year shit right here. Keep the pick.

Celtics lose one of Bradley or smart this off-season. Not IT. IT + Fultz give you a ton of flexibility in your playbook regarding which of your two guards plays on or off ball, and IT's ability to do that would be amazing for tutoring Fultz.

Ideally, you don't want to lose your 3rd best offensive player if you want to play the whole "competing in the short, mid, and long term" game, but losing smart means that either Brown gets minutes at the 2 covering perimeter players that Smart used to cover, Bradley keeps that job and the Celtics just have a ridiculously small back-to-back, or that Fultz has to seriously step up to take Smart's place. IDK which you keep, especially given the price Bradley will command

Oh shit, the 3 guards don't become free agents till next year. Ok then, forget what I was saying. Have fun Celtics fans, you only need to worry about Olynyk this year (as a stretch big, he's about to get paid)

I really hope they don't trade Fultz. It is so rare to be in this position especially in a draft with a superstar talent. This is franchise changing, 10-15 year shit right here. Keep the pick.

Only stars I think you could get for Fultz that I could see being sort of fair for both sides:

Butler, Lillard (nah, not after Nurkic), Kyrie, Beal (????, Celtics getting scammed). All others are on expiring contracts, are untouchable, would be a total rip off

The Celtics only trade Fultz if the cavs are vulnerable in this next series

Bread

Banned
Only stars I think you could get for Fultz that I could see being sort of fair for both sides:

Butler, Lillard (nah, not after Nurkic), Kyrie, Beal (????, Celtics getting scammed). All others are on expiring contracts, are untouchable, would be a total rip off

Beal is a monster, I'd take him over Lillard and Kyrie. Wouldn't do any of those trades though.

Servbot24

Banned
Wow. I really hate to keep dissing LMA because he seems like a nice guy, but this clearly isn't working, and I don't want to see the team lose guys like Simmons or Mills because all of the money is being funneled to a guy who consistently underperforms. :/

Spurs should have found a way to trade LMA for Boogie when they had a chance.

The Celtics will only trade Fultz if someone like Anthony Davis or KAT were on the market, which they obviously won't be ever. Fultz is going to be paid like a rookie for a while, there's value in keeping that cap flexibility. Someone like Lillard would be better than Fultz, but he wouldn't be better than Fultz + Hayward.

So is the maker of VersaClimber an official sponsor of the NBA like Kia or something? Seeing so many damn articles about the damn thing. There's now one talking about how both LeBron and Lady fucking Gaga both use it.

So is the maker of VersaClimber an official sponsor of the NBA like Kia or something? Seeing so many damn articles about the damn thing. There's now one talking about how both LeBron and Lady fucking Gaga both use it.
Road trippin' talks about it being their toughest workout in between rounds, because cavs try to stay fit during their rest days

spyder_ur

I truly think the Celtics are going to win tonight and complete the Game 7-Lottery-Game 1 trifecta.

You can just feel the energy in the city - beautiful weather, green everywhere, Olynyk chants raining from every direction. Just one of those feelings.

I hope Ball is a bust because its the lakers ya know

I am comforted by the fact that no matter how good he is, control of the franchise was willingly given to a moron team legend.

I really love watching Lonzo's game. That being said (and not just saying this because they got #1), I think there are red flags all over with him. I wouldn't have been too excited with him at #2, and I'm still not positive he'll be the pick at 2. Lot of time between now and the draft.

FZZ

Banned
I truly think the Celtics are going to win tonight and complete the Game 7-Lottery-Game 1 trifecta.

You can just feel the energy in the city - beautiful weather, green everywhere, Olynyk chants raining from every direction. Just one of those feelings.

I am comforted by the fact that no matter how good he is, control of the franchise was willingly given to a moron team legend.

I really love watching Lonzo's game. That being said (and not just saying this because they got #1), I think there are red flags all over with him. I wouldn't have been too excited with him at #2, and I'm still not positive he'll be the pick at 2. Lot of time between now and the draft.

Please list the red flags

Bread

Banned
Please list the red flags
Can't shoot off the dribble going to his right, doesn't shoot mid-range, isn't a strong finisher, has an ugly (more importantly low) shot release, is not a top tier athlete, looked weak defending an NBA tier athlete in Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom