• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cracklox

Man, pretty crazy stuff. A team that demoralized, without their star player winning on the road like that. Are the celts better off without IT? At least against the Cavs. They were blown out in game 1 and down 40 at the half in game 2 with him. He gets injured at the beginning of the second half, and lose by around the half time margin, and then win game 3 without him.

Also JR got caught with dick firmly in hand on that buzzer beater. Just straight fell asleep

HeavenlyE

People on twitter are saying Cleveland came out pre-game to the Monstar theme?? Lmao.

I'm just imagining twitter if the Warriors did that. Haters would be rioting in the streets.
Teams are like 0-10 this postseason after doing or saying arrogant shit before their game, warriors know better after the finals last year lol

VeeP

Man, pretty crazy stuff. A team that demoralized, without their star player winning on the road like that. Are the celts better off without IT? At least against the Cavs. They were blown out in game 1 and down 40 at the half in game 2 with him. He gets injured at the beginning of the second half, and lose by around the half time margin, and then win game 3 without him.

Also JR got caught with dick firmly in hand on that buzzer beater. Just straight fell asleep

Lebron is the engine of the Cavs. If he's playing like shit, the whole team is playing like shit. They can't win without him. What we saw today was a Celtics team who didn't want to quit, and a Cleveland Cavaliers who just weren't in it mentally.

Maybe once Celtics get blown out again people will stop blaming IT.

airjoca

(Ted's voice from How i met your mother)

You see kids, it's games like this that prove Jordan will always be the greatest. Jordan would simply NOT have such a bad game like this against a scared and broken team like Boston was. Jordan would go for the jugular and finish them off.

FZZ

Banned

You see kids, it's games like this that prove Jordan will always be the greatest. Jordan would simply NOT have such a bad game like this against a scared and broken team like Boston was. Jordan would go for the jugular and finish them off.

Ted was from Cleveland

I secretly wish the show went on long enough for an episode where Bron went back to see how they would have joked about it

neptunes

Jordan was undefeated in every playoff series?

mjp2417

Banned

I'm actually old enough to remember watching Game 4 of the '96 Finals. Some "kids," even self-professed Jordan fans, apparently are not.

Cracklox

Lebron is the engine of the Cavs. If he's playing like shit, the whole team is playing like shit. They can't win without him. What we saw today was a Celtics team who didn't want to quit, and a Cleveland Cavaliers who just weren't in it mentally.

Maybe once Celtics get blown out again people will stop blaming IT.

Yeah not trying to downplay his accomplishments. The dude, especially at his size, had a season for the ages. Except the numbers don't lie in this series. They've played a lot better without him on the court.

Though in fairness the better team performance in the total blowout nature of the second half of game 2, probably isn't too much of an indictment. Benches were always gunna be emptied there. But he was on the court for that shambolic first half so...

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
lebron_crying

This is legitimately one of the worst commercials ever made.

I don't think some appreciate the importance of the next game and the pressure on the cavs. If Boston wins, the series is tied with 3 games left and 2 are in Boston.

overcast

I missed the game to watch Twin Peaks, remembered there was a game on tonight after the insane TP premiere. Checked the score.

This result was more shocking than anything in the show

airjoca

I'm actually old enough to remember watching Game 4 of the '96 Finals. Some "kids," even self-professed Jordan fans, apparently are not.

Yeah, Jordan had a rough game with only 23 points. That's more than double of 11 right?

Did Jordan only score 1 point in the final 18 minutes as well?

I think YOU don't remember so well. I saw those games live on TV.

yuraya

Looks like the chosen one turned into the frozen one last night.

Jordan would have dropped 70 on this Celtics team and then talked shit into everyone's face after winning easily. Lebron is a fraud.

Also IT to the Knicks for Melo.

I'm just glad the Celtics are not getting swept
Mission accomplished.

Monstars lost, how the fuck didn't anyone in the Cavs organization not know that lol.

Ainge is gonna shop IT at the draft , IT for Drummand , their pick and something else 🤔

TSM

All the media talk about the Celtics since even before the playoffs started has been crazy. I was joking with a co-worker before this series started and said that after the Finals ended the conversation would be "Is this Celtics team the worst team to win an NBA Championship?" If the Celtics manage to win another game in this series there should be a lot of crow eating.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
All the media talk about the Celtics since even before the playoffs started has been crazy. I was joking with a co-worker before this series started and said that after the Finals ended the conversation would be "Is this Celtics team the worst team to win an NBA Championship?" If the Celtics manage to win another game in this series there should be a lot of crow eating.

Fuck em. Boston media is right there with them. I understand why on one hand. The players themselves really aren't super talented. Al horford is a swiss army knife, but he does nothing at an elite level. Marcus smart is an elite defender, but most of the time looks like one of the worst offensive players in the league. The system is really fucking good though, and all of them work their asses off and almost all of them are top tier defenders. Even when IT(basically the opposite of marcus smart) is in the system is able to hide him most of the time and make up for his size issues

Tom Penny

Fuck em. Boston media is right there with them. I understand why on one hand. The players themselves really aren't super talented. Al horford is a swiss army knife, but he does nothing at an elite level. Marcus smart is an elite defender, but most of the time looks like one of the worst offensive players in the league. The system is really fucking good though, and all of them work their asses off and almost all of them are top tier defenders. Even when IT(basically the opposite of marcus smart) is in the system is able to hide him most of the time and make up for his size issues
Stevens is a savant. If he was coaching the Wizards and Brooks was coaching the Celtics the Celtics wouldnt win a game. They won 50 games with one guy that can get his own shot that is a midget. He even made Evan Turner 17 million a year !!!

TSM

At this point is should be very obvious that it's the coaching staff that is elevating this roster to even make the ECF. That and Marcus Smart has enough heart to will this team to wins that they otherwise wouldn't get. He doesn't get near enough credit for what he does for this team.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Stevens is a savant. If he was coaching the Wizards and Brooks was coaching the Celtics the Celtics wouldnt win a game. They won 50 games with one guy that can get his own shot that is a midget. He even made Evan Turner 17 million a year !!!

I still thought ET played like shit here, but when a team does well people try to pck pieces they think are a big factor.

Stevens really is special though. He finds ways to adjust in just about any situation, which is one reason they were able to storm back so many times this year. It's one of the reasons IT took so long to flourish as a player. He always had the ability to score in bunches, but it was a death knell for a teams defense whenever he was on the floor. Brad helped cover that up. Also helps that he has so many good/great on ball defenders.

Wow, should've watched that game. I don't think Celtics gonna win though, but you never know.

LeBron had an awful night? Doesn't matter, He will always be a Space Jam away from being as good as Jordan.

Smart is an elite flopper too.

Tom Penny

I still thought ET played like shit here, but when a team does well people try to pck pieces they think are a big factor.

Stevens really is special though. He finds ways to adjust in just about any situation, which is one reason they were able to storm back so many times this year. It's one of the reasons IT took so long to flourish as a player. He always had the ability to score in bunches, but it was a death knell for a teams defense whenever he was on the floor. Brad helped cover that up. Also helps that he has so many good/great on ball defenders.
Their on ball D was not as good as before throughout this season. They do waste a lot of it when they do force a tough shot then are invisible rebounders don't do shit...

Ripenen

Looks like the chosen one turned into the frozen one last night.

Jordan would have dropped 70 on this Celtics team and then talked shit into everyone's face after winning easily. Lebron is a fraud.

Also IT to the Knicks for Melo.

You almost had me but the last line gave you away.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Their on ball D was not as good as before throughout this season. They do waste a lot of it when they do force a tough shot then are invisible rebounders don't do shit...

I agree. Idk what that was about, whether it be an effort issue, or a conditioning. For instance I thought Crowder looked incredibly slow/tired to start the season. Avery was slow too, I assume it was the amount of energy he invests in rebounding/offense now. Reminds me of the celts a few years back when shaq went down and perk were gone. Kristic was being relied on to rebound since KG couldn't command the glass by himself anymore. Didn't matter how well our defense played if they kept getting 2nd chances. Same with 08 when KG went down and Miki moore would step in for perk.

Tom Penny

I agree. Idk what that was about, whether it be an effort issue, or a conditioning. For instance I thought Crowder looked incredibly slow/tired to start the season. Avery was slow too, I assume it was the amount of energy he invests in rebounding/offense now. Reminds me of the celts a few years back when shaq went down and perk were gone. Kristic was being relied on to rebound since KG couldn't command the glass by himself anymore. Didn't matter how well our defense played if they kept getting 2nd chances. Same with 08 when KG went down and Miki moore would step in for perk.
Mikki Moore 😳

Damn, multiple clips going around twitter of Dewayne Dedmon trying to injure Steph.

Dubs need to end it tomorrow healthy 🙏

I hope the refs are aware, and if they see him try anything, instant ejection.

We've already seen LMA come at Steph and KD with a slide under foot on a jump shot, and I saw Dedmon buckle Steph's knee, but how many more little tricks was he trying to pull?
And do they really have to wait for an actual injury to blow the whistle on these things?

A lot of the Cavs bad habits came back last night. Playing down to lesser talent or teams with injured players (remember them getting spanked by a backup squad of Atlanta Hawks at the end of the season) and allowing huge comebacks (basically the end of the season and the entire Pacers series although the Pacers never got a win). I think if squeezed out a win like Game 1 against the Pacers, it wouldn't be a wakeup call like it will be since they lost. Hopefully that's Lebron's only bad game of the playoffs too, because if he puts up 11 points against the Warriors, we will lose by a lot more than a rattled in final shot. But you know the team is playing terribly if the only reason they were in it at the end was because of Tristan Thomson's excellent free throw shooting.

Mrbob

Celtics have been a streaky 3 point team in the playoffs. I don't think they did anything too great last night, except for getting hot from 3 in the second half while Cleveland went cold. If Boston can shoot 50% from three they might have a chance.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Did LeBron for real ask a fan "what have you ever done?" after getting heckled for an 11-point game?

Come on, bruh.

He also bitched at a reported who asked what it was that caused him to slow down that game. I respect lebron for his legacy and his ability, but he's still such a bitch.

Again let's never forget "yall been spoiled, what have I had 3 maybe 4 bad games in my career?"

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
lol, is this real?

is this real?

"I spoil a lot of people with my play," James told ESPN.com, when discussing the booing from the Cleveland fans during Tuesday's 120-88 loss to Boston. "When you have a bad game here or there, you've had three bad games in a seven-year career, then it's easy to point that out. I put a lot of pressure on myself to be out there and be the best player on the court, and when I'm not, I feel bad for myself because I'm not going out there and doing the things I can do," he explained. "But I don't hang my head low or make any excuses about anything that may be going on, because that's not the type of player or person I am."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom