• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy we are going to be up 2-0.

Unhappy about some of the bailout calls we received to get a lead back and how pathetically easy we gave up a huge playoff lead. Again.

Tommy DJ

He's been about 50+%, shot >100 3s, most of them when he came back from injury and came off the bench. He barely missed the minimum number of makes to claim most accurate 3 pt shooter in the league

I wonder how he'd operate with the Houston Rockets to be honest. Yeah he's sort of like a traffic cone against fast guards but a big man shooting 3s like he's doing is sort of hilarious.

I wonder how he'd operate with the Houston Rockets to be honest. Yeah he's sort of like a traffic cone against fast guards but a big man shooting 3s like he's doing is sort of hilarious.

He's still too low on the volume, and he lacks the mobility to put him at PF anymore. He would have to play center, and that means the PF has to be a rim-diving athletic type.

I dunno I mean I got slammed for calling Westbrook and harden inefficient in scoring and maybe that's because I see Leonard shooting insanely efficient most games and I'm used to it. 37/11 on 9/14 shooting. Crazy.

Hitta93

Banned
Grizzlies never a legit window to begin with, just one of those teams to make the conversation interesting.

Like I said earlier, I would be more confident if Parsons was healthy or ever does get healthy again.

I dunno I mean I got slammed for calling Westbrook and harden inefficient in scoring and maybe that's because I see Leonard shooting insanely efficient most games and I'm used to it. 37/11 on 9/14 shooting. Crazy.

Harden isn't inefficient, it's just that people often forget to take free throws into consideration.

Also, Kawhi 19 FTA to the Grizzlies' 15 FTA total. WTF

Grizzlies never a legit window to begin with, just one of those teams to make the conversation interesting.

Like I said earlier, I would be more confident if Parsons was healthy or ever does get healthy again.

Do you just not watch basketball?

Tommy DJ

Harden isn't inefficient, it's just that people often forget to take free throws into consideration.

Also, Kawhi 19 FTA to the Grizzlies' 15 FTA total. WTF

Bad officiating all around. To the credit of Kawhi he's learnt how to draw fouls some time in the offseason but 32 to 15 free throws is just wack. Not much you can do about it if you're the Grizzlies.

Can one real comeback happen

Looks like..

KAWHI IS NOT THAT GOOD

4csmjbjx36ms4d5.gif

https://twitter.com/JabariJYoung/status/854190653768642562

Not too good, gonna post a streamable when I find one

Well, shit, alright then. I think it's stupid you get fined for calling out the refs, especially when there is some blatant bias and blind eye going on. I don't know if calling them out does you any favors, but the bullshit refereeing is a mjor turn off to so many of the games I've watched.

I didn't watch this game past the opening of the 2nd quarter, but the were tons of BS calls/non-calls in the Celtics/Bulls game, always in every Warriors game and quite few of the other playoff games I watched this weekend. I know the refs are lowkey undercover fans too, but sometimes it's just soo bad it almost becomes unwatchable.

so I didn't see what they were frustrated about tonight, but that Curry video posted a few pages back reminds of exactly what the Grizz fans must be feeling tonight, especially since it likely cost you an very important game. Dubs fans still feel that pain from the finals last year.

Only caught like a quarter of the game but the grizzlies were screwed by the refs over and over again.

The spurs would have won anyway but the refs were doing a terrible job of making it a fair game

Marz

I think the Jazz will give the Warriors a competitive series in the second round if Gobert and everyone else is healthy. They match up well with them.

Line_HTX

I swear someone said the exact same thing about going off during the presser like a month ago with the exact wording of the posts, lol

Good for Fizdale. Same nonsense the Grizzlies (among other star-less teams) have dealt with for far too long. They still will, of course, thanks to the WWE aspect of the NBA, but I'm glad someone decided to shed some light on it. I was just thinking that current Spur, Pau Gasol, once asked for a trade from the very team he's going up against for some of the reasons Fiz highlighted in his presser. I remember when he would go up against guys like Jermaine O'Neal and Amar'e Stoudemire and get no calls ...then he asked for that trade to L.A. and somehow managed to drop off very little in FTA despite transitioning from a first option to a second. Funny how that works.

Cipherr

He spoke nothing but truth, so fuck it, and fuck the fine.

Officiating was ass, we have just been conditioned to expect it for smaller market teams and just ignore the shit. Especially in the post season where everyone has their mind made up already about who will be alive at the end and who wont.

He spoke nothing but truth, so fuck it, and fuck the fine.

Officiating was ass, we have just been conditioned to expect it for smaller market teams and just ignore the shit. Especially in the post season where everyone has their mind made up already about who will be alive at the end and who wont.

The Spurs aren't small market? I mean, they aren't as small as Memphis, but do you really think the NBA gives a shit about the Spurs? I'm sure they'd be most happy with a Rockets/Warriors WCF.

Hitta93

Banned
I think the Jazz will give the Warriors a competitive series in the second round if Gobert and everyone else is healthy. They match up well with them.
Jazz getting to the 2nd isn't for certain.
The Spurs aren't small market? I mean, they aren't as small as Memphis, but do you really think the NBA gives a shit about the Spurs? I'm sure they'd be most happy with a Rockets/Warriors WCF.

Yes to the bolded.

TTG

Was that Tyronne Lue on the Clipper bench in one of the clips? Let's just cull like 4 years of video for missed calls and weave a conspiracy out of it. Yea he gets held and knocked off route more than anyone else(did you think it was going to be Roberson?) and that stuff is generally not called, it's not something to complain about.

Chris Paul is the best at it, he's always wrestling. It's 7d chess with the refs like go ahead, be the guy to call 5 off ball fouls on Paul in the first quarter, see how that works out for you.

Lol plz. All these look like is that he needs to hit the weight room. Imagine if he came into the NBA just a decade earlier he would be getting straight up mugged. This is a big boys league if refs called off the ball fouls or called fouls on every 3 where a player got bumped after the ball had left his hands they would be blowing the whistle on almost every play.

or they'd be calling a foul for Harden, either way.

which was kinda the point of the video when it got posted earlier in the day, was that Curry gets no calls for being the superstar NBA player he is.The only Warrior to get the superstar calls on the Dubs is Durant, and he brought that ability with him. If Steph even got 1/4 of the calls where he got fouled, the Warriors would probably never lose a game though.

Marz

or they'd be calling a foul for Harden, either way.

which was kinda the point of the video when it got posted earlier in the day, was that Curry gets no calls for being the superstar NBA player he is.The only Warrior to get the superstar calls on the Dubs is Durant, and he brought that ability with him. If Steph even got 1/4 of the calls where he got fouled, the Warriors would probably never lose a game though.

You got any numbers to back that up or just a fan made video with 4 years worth of nitpicked footage?

You got any numbers to back that up or just a fan made video with 4 years worth of nitpicked footage?

I watch the games. Steph is fouled off the ball all the time, and constantly fouled on 3pt attempts and layup attempts as well. He almost never gets a call.

but no, I'm not writing it down everytime it happens. That video may be the most blatant ones, but if they seriously included every single instance of Steph being fouled and not called, it would be a very very long video.
But Steph going though all that and still managing to not only get a good shot up, but actually make it a lot of the time is part of what makes watching him play fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom