• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbob

You know your team is in trouble when crying Jordan shows up.
celticscrying_Jordan.jpg

TTG

One, if Utah can't take advantage of the Clippers' bench, they won't win. They were trading baskets with a Felton/Crawford/Luc/Pierce/Speights line up at one point. Two, their defense is toast without Gobert. 18 for DJ and a bunch more for Blake down low, ouchie.

Anyway, better showing by the Clips. Hey Toronto, this is what you were supposed to look like tonight.

ViciousDS

Banned
Lmao. Butlèr like how dare this young child come in the paint.

Love how clean it is, straight up and smashes that shit back.

Also, only way celtics go far is if he can shoot and destroy people with a mid range jumper like AI........he can't be attacking with his height today in basketball.

Also find it hilarious that IT averages less assists than AI does.

TTG

I'm sure they knew what they were getting with Horford, it's not like he's been tucked away somewhere on a losing team or one that has gone through a bunch of coaching and personnel changes.

Anyway, what I really want to know is if this calf strain is real or is Kerr playing 5d chess?

How? How did the Celtics not get Taj Gibson? How did they not beat OKC's offer?

http://fansided.com/2017/02/21/nba-trade-deadline-team-needs-rim-protector/

Yes, Gibson is a huge locker room commodity and a low-post presence, but he might be the most interesting trade asset the Bulls have heading into this deadline. It’s unlikely that they are going to part ways with young players like Nikola Mirotic or Doug McDermott just yet.

In his eighth year in the NBA, Gibson is averaging a block a game, 6.4 rebounds, and half a steal per contest. He is a seminal starting piece for the Bulls, but he could be very important fifth starter in the frontcourt for a championship contender. There is a level of professionalism, consistency, and selflessness that would make Gibson extremely valuable in the final year of his contract with the Bulls.

I mean, 6'10'' guys that can rebound and mainly score down low, something no one else on a team with an abundance of stretch bigs can do, is probably pretty useful for complementing Horford's game

Also, Olynk might be looking at another suspension, imo.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Coach Bud to continue to play Taurean Prince. He's gonna start him again tonight.

Thabo Sefolosha was a DNP in game 1. His Hawks career might be over. His contract is up in July, and clearly Coach Bud likes Prince.

TTG

I don't know Hyper, how is his athleticism? I remember Taj dunking on Wade, but that was a long while back. He had one rebound in OKC's first game against the Rockets, that's 1 lone defensive board. And what do the Celtics have that the Bulls would want?

Disappointed with Hayward.

I lost my damn mind when he tried to draw a foul on a three and missed the goal by a couple of miles ...right after Chris Paul didn't get a favorable call on the other end. If the refs miss anything with Paul and they hear from him about it, which of course they always will, they sure as hell aren't giving Gordon Hayward a call going back the other way. In Staples.

Cornbread78

Horford isn't the issue with our team.

Well, he is getting paid superstar money and should be shouldering the load, but then again, he's not a superstar player, but a really good #2.

This goes back to the whole talent issue on the Celtics.

Unless they get a superstar in the door, they are not going anywhere.. regardless of how many assets Danny decides to gather and waste.

Cornbread78

Still incredibly curious how the Celtics didn't land Noel or Butler at the deadline.

Easy. Danny couldn't screw over the other team, so he decided to keep more assets..

Look at picks he wasted last year and will waste again this year, then will waste again the following year..

circle of Danny.

Love how he's more concerned about flipping people off than getting back on defense

Still incredibly curious how the Celtics didn't land Noel or Butler at the deadline.

I feel like we go over this constantly, if there was a decent trade to be had for Butler or Noel they'd be on the Celtics.

Easy. Danny couldn't screw over the other team, so he decided to keep more assets..

Look at picks he wasted last year and will waste again this year, then will waste again the following year..

circle of Danny.

What picks did he waste last year?

Cornbread78

I feel like we go over this constantly, if there was a decent trade to be had for Butler or Noel they'd be on the Celtics.

What picks did he waste last year?

Yubs and ziz. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see them having a big impact.. Same for a majority of the first round picks tgat have strolled through town. They still haven't "hit" on any of them really....

Yubs and ziz. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see them having a big impact.. Same for a majority of the first round picks tgat have strolled through town. They still haven't "hit" on any of them really....

I have my doubts about Yabu but almost everything I've heard about zizic is that he's tearing it up in Europe and that he'd be a top 10 pick in this upcoming draft. Obviously it's way too early to judge anyone from this draft but things seem promising so far.

This. At the very least yab and zizic aren't helping them win right now being overseas and all. Here's a thought, if you have so many assets that you have to stash in Europe, maybe stop hoarding/acquiring assets and use those assets to acquire NBA ready talent.

This. At the very least yab and zizic aren't helping them win right now being overseas and all. Here's a thought, if you have so many assets that you have to stash in Europe, maybe stop hoarding/acquiring assets and use those assets to acquire NBA ready talent.

Again, I have serious doubts that Yabu is going to turn into anything but Zizic is exactly what they need and now they have what could have been a top 10 guy in this upcoming draft with the exact skill set that they are missing.

Again, I have serious doubts that Yabu is going to turn into anything but Zizic is exactly what they need and now they have what could have been a top 10 guy in this upcoming draft with the exact skill set that they are missing.
I agree on ante, my contention is this:by the time he is developed, horford will be even less effective than he already is. So you'll essentially be filling a hole as a new hole emerges. It's the same for Brown and the nets picks. By the time those develop. (if they ever do) Celtics will have made many contractual decisions-thusly leaving the core disrupted regardless. If ainge wanted to win with the current core(hint:I don't think he does) , they had to try and make a move now*. By sitting on assets he basically made it clear that the current core will not be relevant in this post season.

*the point of argument seems to be whether or not there was a singuar move available to ainge that could have put this core over the hump. This can be viewed two ways imo. Either asking prices were too high, or the Celtics current roster has so many holes that no singular move would have made an appreciable difference.

I don't think there's any realistic move that could've made the Celtics true contenders over the Warriors and Cavs. Signing Horford got the team closer to that point but it still requires a star to come from somewhere. In the meantime making smart moves, like drafting Zizic and Brown, keeps the options open for the future. Ainge has been far from perfect this season but he still has the team in a good position even if this series is fucking terrible right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom