• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anti-basketball hahahaha

He played badly today, that's not deniable, but it makes a ton of sense how this is the first game I've seen you comment on. Try watching his better games, or regular games, more often, please.

"The exact opposite of Kobe", what? Kobe isn't some pinnacle of how basketball should be played whatsoever.

You're right, I don't normally post on here to talk nba, but that hardly makes this the first Harden game I've watched. I just don't like the way he plays the game. He looks for fouls, a lot of the time he is not even trying to score, he's just looking to go to the line. He is the opposite of what I like about basketball. No big deal, if you like his style thats great. To me, Kobe is the best example of how you should approach the game. Competition and athletic ability, not throwing yourself at defenders at the 3 point line trying to get fouled. Been a Mavs fan for 20+ years so I'm sure that doesn't help any!

This is getting bad. We know you love Leonard, but it's hard to see how the beard and Russ aren't in your top 5

I'm not saying tony Parker is better, but I would have a heart attack if the spurs signed Russell Westbrook. I do not want a player like him anywhere near my team.

Hell I don't even know if I feel good about Leonard being this ball dominant on the spurs.

Cant believe James Harden has fans, dude is anti basketball. He travels most of the time and then he hardly even shoots the ball, he just looks to be fouled everytime, Its a shame too because his shit is nice, its just infuriating. As someone who loved watching Kobe, he is the exact opposite of that.

The guy makes it so hard for me to watch, I get so frustrated, hah!

tumblr_oj6zi2ammg1s3gys4o1_400.gif

But nah, I understand how you feel lol

I'm actually shocked he hasn't learned this fact though. Dude has to have one of the lowest IQs of any "superstar" right now.

I know the defense for Westbrook this season has been he's the only good player on his team, but my response to that is it's honestly always been the type of player he is. Even if he were to get a more reliable supporting cast, I don't see him suddenly changing his habits when his team starts losing.

I'm not saying tony Parker is better, but I would have a heart attack if the spurs signed Russell Westbrook. I do not want a player like him anywhere near my team.

Hell I don't even know if I feel good about Leonard being this ball dominant on the spurs.

Idk man, Russ these past 3 games (well, 2 games, and the 1st half of game 2) has shown incredible control and been calm, trying to distribute the ball, help his teammates out

Russ would've the last one in my top 6 (Lebron, KD-Curry-Kawhi-Harden-Westbrook, CP3, Giannis-AD), but he's made it all confusing again with the control he's shown in these last few games.

Cyrus

This is getting bad. We know you love Leonard, but it's hard to see how the beard and Russ aren't in your top 5

I agree with Harden but I think Westbrook being top 5 in the league is questionable. LBJ, Durant, Curry, Harden and then either Westbrook or Kawhi.

LionPride

Banned

Who the fuck else would do anything on the Spurs as of right now? The ghost of LMA? The corpse of Manu and Tony? Dwayne Dedm-oh he fouled out already.

Kawhi is the best player on the team, young, and able to takeover a game on both sides and needs to especially when no one else can make shots.

With Russell the Spurs would get a 27 year old explosive PG who can be a distributor or have the team built around him. As of now, team is gonna be built around Kawhi, I honestly thought that the Spurs should've signed Mike Conley if they could have, but thankfully they didn't.

Idk man, Russ these past 3 games (well, 2 games, and the 1st half of game 2) has shown incredible control and been calm, trying to distribute the ball, help his teammates out

Russ would've the last one in my top 6 (Lebron, KD-Curry-Kawhi-Harden-Westbrook, CP3, Giannis-AD), but he's made it all confusing again with the control he's shown in these last few games.

We have enough players who can't shoot, adding another player who actually shoots us out of the game would be the death of me.

Who the fuck else would do anything on the Spurs as of right now? The ghost of LMA? The corpse of Manu and Tony? Dwayne Dedm-oh he fouled out already.

Kawhi is the best player on the team, young, and able to takeover a game on both sides and needs to especially when no one else can make shots.

With Russell the Spurs would get a 27 year old explosive PG who can be a distributor or have the team built around him. As of now, team is gonna be built around Kawhi, I honestly thought that the Spurs should've signed Mike Conley if they could have, but thankfully they didn't.

I would take Mike Conley on the spurs every day of the week over Russell Westbrook.

I agree with everything you stated FYI, until the Westbrook stats. I'm not phased about 27ppg when he can also be the reason the team loses as much as he can be the reason the team is in the game in the first place.

I would take Mike Conley on the spurs every day of the week over Russell Westbrook.

I agree with everything you stated FYI, until the Westbrook stats. I'm not phased about 27ppg when he can also be the reason the team loses as much as he can be the reason the team is in the game in the first place.

Westbrook is in a different stratosphere compared to Conley that said, Conley would be a better, "Fit", on the spurs.

LionPride

Banned

When your team can't make shots and you are the best scorer on the team, what else do you do? Hope that Oladipo makes threes and digs you out of a hole? Hope that Kanter learns how to play defense?

Mike Conley fits what is traditionally the Spurs, but what is traditionally considered the Spurs style is changing with the addition of LMA and the emergence of Kawhi along with the decline of damn near everybody else. Westbrook could work with that team.

When your team can't make shots and you are the best scorer on the team, what else do you do? Hope that Oladipo makes threes and digs you out of a hole? Hope that Kanter learns how to play defense?

Mike Conley fits what is traditionally the Spurs, but what is traditionally considered the Spurs style is changing with the addition of LMA and the emergence of Kawhi along with the decline of damn near everybody else. Westbrook could work with that team.

Yeah, that's why I said I don't feel good about how the spurs system is so reliant on Leonard right now. That's why I would take Conley.

Also I think the thunder shot 58% outside of RW? So can't blame his team this time.

LionPride

Banned
Yeah, that's why I said I don't feel good about how the spurs system is so reliant on Leonard right now. That's why I would take Conley.

Also I think the thunder shot 58% outside of RW? So can't blame his team this time.

Today? No, but most other times when he's taking 40 shots and only has 25 points, it's typically because he's needing to. I don't think the Spurs FO would be too bent outta shape if they could get two top 6 talents on their team

Oh no TNT Bulls baby, what is you doing!!?

I missed the fist 7 minutes here, what happened!?
Gerald Green having that big an effect? or just slow start?

Oladipo is a moron, he had an easy opportunity to foul and slow down the fast break but he didn't and it lost them the game.

Yep.

and I also hope Roberson spends the next few days shoot 1,000,000 Free Throws.
and then the entire off season shooting 5,000,000 more.

spyder_ur

Celts should be up more if not for the officiating that quarter.

Still, very good quarter. Can't believe the Gerald Green move has actually worked.

TTG

With the sweep of the Indiana Pacers, LeBron James sets the all-time record for most career playoff sweeps at 10. He also sets the record for most consecutive first round wins at 21 games.

Jeepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom