• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizeezyc

This is the TNT Bulls effect. Random role player goes off, and not only that, the Bulls finally find another point guard. Hoiberg seems to have recognized it too. Maybe even put Valentine over Grant.

Also, MCW is out of the league after tonight

Hinkie stays winning, JKidd the executive stays losing.

spyder_ur

Amazing jump ball by Bradley

Almost thought they were calling a foul, they took so long to blow the whistle.

Bradley is amazing on Wade. I love watching that matchup.

It's not going to matter unless someone on the Celtics makes a shots or the refs decide to stop letting the Bulls mug the Celtics defensively. Canaan should have 5 fouls this quarter.

jdstorm

Banned
That 3 point foul he drew off Gibson where he hooked his arm was fucking disgusting. That really shouldn't be allowed. At all.

Westbrook going into hero ball mode is frustrating, but I can't even blame him anymore. He's playing with a bunch of bums, no matter how much he tries sticking up for them in front of the media. The Rockets have at least 3 players coming off the bench better than anyone he's got on the roster with him. He's gonna get his MVP, and deservedly so, but I feel for the nigga.

In all fairness. (And i say this as a thunder fan) OKC have played Houston way too soft. There are no negative consequences for the Rockets doing this. If Gibson had turned while tangled up with Harden, fallen on him and made it hurt. The chance Houston tries that again is somewhat reduced.

spyder_ur

First foul on the Bulls with 3 minutes left.

Great stretch for Isaiah there. Came back into the game much more under control and made 3 big plays.

spyder_ur

That Smart block was ridiculous.

It will go largely unnoticed, but Smart and Bradley put together an incredible 5-6 defensive possessions there. Mostly on Butler, but also off ball.

Also - two missed goaltends in the game. This has been atrociously officiated, but I'm pleased with the Celts response here.

VeeP

Seriously Isaiah? Y'all are first in the East, it's MCW, I would hope he can't guard you. Gonna be fun watching him talk shit to the Wizards lol. Both teams are gonna go at it.

Everyone in Chicago was surprised that the Hoiberg seemingly outcoached Stephens the first two games but it's clear that Rondo was coaching them on the floor. Stephens has made great adjustments; Hoiberg doesn't run actions at IT when he has four fouls (and a tech) and plays MCW and Grant instead of giving Denzel a shot.

Everyone in Chicago was surprised that the Hoiberg seemingly outcoached Stephens the first two games but it's clear that Rondo was coaching them on the floor. Stephens has made great adjustments; Hoiberg doesn't run actions at IT when he has four fouls (and a tech) and plays MCW and Grant instead of giving Denzel a shot.

Hoiberg finding Canaan was great. You can't play someone who wasn't even getting minutes before this suddenly 24/7. He should've been matching Canaan's minutes with IT though, benched him with IT.

Denzel needs to get minutes over MCW and Grant though. At least neither starts from now on.

J2 Cool

100% right. Hoiberg can't even properly rest Butler. Really cutting his effectiveness in half. Unless you keep Jimmy fresh, and him and Wade take it on themselves Bulls can't win. Rondo made the Bulls supporting cast so effective.

led4lyfe

So odd how the celtics have zero ball handlers other than IT when Stevens builds his lineup of Ball Handlers - Wings - Bigs.

Bradley, Crowder, Smart, Green, Rozier and even Brown look so awkward drippling the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom