• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2k10 official thread of git your ass back on the ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickVic

dralla said:
the commentary is so bad, when cheryl miller came in I just had to turn it off, I couldn't take it anymore :[

2K10's new commentary system only shines in association (and perhaps season) mode. There are league-round stats overlays right as you're playing telling you, for example, who are the top 10 players leading the league in assists, they will talk about how the team and certain players did in their previous game, and they'll advertise for upcoming big games in the future. It's all pretty sweet and the season just feel so much cohesive now.

Playing a pick-up game, there is no schedule to refer to and I guess the game just reverts exclusively to the generic commentator phrases we're sick of hearing from the past games.

jordan0386 said:
The whole elitist attitude towards play styles is so fucking corny now.

Play style is not even what we get annoyed about. It's just that some is unstoppable and yes, exploitable animations (like the goddamn up and under). Getting into the paint is too easy as it is, and there are so many unrealistic/unstoppable layup/dunk animations that should not exist. Like big men who can twist the body in midair and do flying dunks from like 5 feet out

For example last year people who turned on fast break to the Max always had an advantage: the defense does not fucking get back fast enough! I would set it on "get back" at 100% and after a missed shot I could see my players doing some piece of shit "aww he missed it!" animation while the other team is streaking the fuck down the court. It's little stuff like this that's irritating.

If you want to take all your shots in a high percentage zone that's fine. Shouldn't we all? But the problem is that these "high percentage" shots are way too fucking easy and there is no counter for many of these things.

the last vet has declared his team.
DMczaff has picked the Thunder as his team.
any rookies that has them in their list has been removed.

rinse82, your team is now the wiz.
dark faze, thunder has been removed from your list

28 players as of now. 2 spots left.

Cloudy said:
Gamertag = Cloud2k

First choice is Lakers but I just want to be in :D
your team number 29.

****1 spot left****

rinse82

viakado said:
the last vet has declared his team.
DMczaff has picked the Thunder as his team.
any rookies that has them in their list has been removed.

rinse82, your team is now the wiz.
dark faze, thunder has been removed from your list

28 players as of now. 2 spots left.

your team number 29.

****1 spot left****

No problem, thanks bro.

DMczaf

Durant and the Supersonics are taking it this year!

566415-kevin_durant_large.jpg

DCX

DCX
viakado said:
no, you challenge spaniard for them.
being a rook really does blow.
wow...we will never start the season with the cluster fuck that is control of the Lakers...

DCX

Nightz

I'll take that last spot if it's still available. I suck, but I just want to have some fun. :D

Guess I'll have to start at the bottom of the barrel. I'll take the Clippers. :lol

Gamertag: N1ghtz

DiddyBop

i doubt all will commit, but if they do:D. hopefully most of these new cats didnt graduated from the Isiah Thomas school of General Management. i know smokey will out on the prowl for the weak ones:lol

chaoticprout said:
holy fucking 30 team league batman

this is going to be sooo much fun.

DiddyBop said:
i doubt all will commit, but if they do:D. hopefully most of these new cats didnt graduated from the Isiah Thomas school of General Management. i know smokey will out on the prowl for the weak ones:lol

I'm sure there will be some dumb ass that trades Smokey his best player for a pair of inactive reserves. Happens every season...

Does this thread title have anything to do with Amistad?

:lol :lol :lol

WTF happened to the 2K sports web site?

http://2ksports.com/

Is it down for just me?

Edit: Never mind. Works fine for me now too.

I was getting this (cut & paste from a different browser window):
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Host '10.90.0.78' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in /var/www/html/3.0/classes/packages/bkwld/classes/dbase/MySQL.php on line 117
MySQL error
Could not connect to james.qwest.colo as bckwld

DCX said:
wow...we will never start the season with the cluster fuck that is control of the Lakers...

DCX
4 people want the lakers. who decides who gets them?
the only fair deal is doing some kind of series. if you know a fair and quicker way where everyone is content, you let me know.
i can easily go by the post here and just go first come first serve, but that still would not answer who gets the lakers. if its first come first serve, i can argue i called dibs first on the lakers since i created the thread. that's not fair now is it?

Nightz said:
I'll take that last spot if it's still available. I suck, but I just want to have some fun. :D

Guess I'll have to start at the bottom of the barrel. I'll take the Clippers. :lol

Gamertag: N1ghtz
last spot is yours. congrats.

any other players wanting in will be in the wait for a possible 2nd league.

IMACOMPUTA said:
Does this thread title have anything to do with Amistad?
no, this thread was about those fucktards that we're gonna jump ship to live10

DCX

DCX
viakado said:
4 people want the lakers. who decides who gets them?
the only fair deal is doing some kind of series. if you know a fair and quicker way where everyone is content, you let me know.
i can easily go by the post here and just go first come first serve, but that still would not answer who gets the lakers. if its first come first serve, i can argue i called dibs first on the lakers since i created the thread. that's not fair now is it?

last spot is yours. congrats.

any other players wanting in will be in the wait for a possible 2nd league.

no, this thread was about those fucktards that we're gonna jump ship to live10
I have a solution. They play a tournament but they have to start the bench and not play Kobe, Bynum, Artest, Lamar etc...a true test to " Laker " fans.

DCX

DCX

DCX
hey man, if you can survive a tourney like that, you deserve the Lakers! :lol Sasha and Luke FTW

DCX

DCX said:
I have a solution. They play a tournament but they have to start the bench and not play Kobe, Bynum, Artest, Lamar etc...a true test to " Laker " fans.

DCX
lol no.
but you reiterated my point. best scenario is a mini series. either a 1-game, win all. or 3 game format.
that rule should apply to rooks as well. in any case we should have some kind of time limit on when all deciding games should be finished. whether 24hours, 2 days or 3. i'll let smokey decide how long it should be.

SlickVic

LOL I think I made more 3's with Sasha than Kobe on 2K9 PC. I'm guessing with his 3PT% last season that won't be happening so much anymore :lol.

rinse82

DiddyBop said:

I'm committed. I may be a rook on here but I've played in my fair share of Operation Sports leagues. Looking forward to the GAF league!

Our favorite sim baller PastaPadre posts his initial impressions, complete mixed bag:

Overall the game isn’t going to really surprise anyone, and that isn’t necessarily a bad thing considering the series has been highly regarded.
Shot percentages are very high all around on the default settings. I’ll have up videos of a full game (GM 7 of the NBA Finals) on All-Star tomorrow and I’m sure the shot percentages will be a big topic of discussion coming out of it.
I really like the effect that the limit on turbo provides. Unlike in Draft Combine where you started to adjust and play unrealistically to conserve turbo (why trail on a fast break when it would cost you?) here the real players have much more stamina. So you don’t want to misuse turbo, but you don’t feel discouraged from using it in the right situations. It makes for a nice balance.
The AI makes some questionable decisions. I’ve found this to be especially the case defensively. Zone defense seems to be useless because your teammates play their areas in such lackadaisical fashion allowing for wide open shots. The AI also has difficulty defending the Pick and Roll which is the most effective offensive tactic I’ve come across. Help defense in general is not very good. It appears that once a player makes a move for the basket it has almost been scripted that they’ll be getting the shot off and rarely is it properly contested.
One of the things that bothers me the most is I can’t seem to take any leaners or momentum based shots. I can be running using turbo and holding the stick a direction and the player will stop immediately as soon as I go for the shot and go straight up with a jump shot.
The atmosphere of the games is better but still doesn’t quite live up to what I would hope for. Crowd reactions are inconsistent. You’ll get a roar from the home crowd for hitting a three, but then the next time you hit three there may be no cheering at all for it. You’ll see in the Finals game seven videos the crowd doesn’t really even get into the game until the 4th quarter. I was especially hoping there would be playoff crowds wearing the team colors but that has not been included. I didn’t really get a special feel from the playoffs or Finals which was disappointing.
http://www.pastapadre.com/2009/09/28/nba-2k10-initial-impressions#more-11081

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom