• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 |OT| The Greatest of All Time | Reviews | PS3/360 League Sign-Up

Disclaimer: Do not let 2k swindle you again. Wait for reviews and user feedbacks before buying this game.
1qsrog.png

Press Release:
When you’re the #1 selling NBA videogame two years in a row, the #1 rated NBA videogame 10 years in a row*,
and have collaborated with back-to-back NBA champions, Kevin Garnett (2K9) and Kobe Bryant (2K10) –
what is NBA 2K11 to do for thenext act? Simple: Michael Jordan. The greatest basketball player of all
time debuts for the first time in this hardware generation and brings his passion for the game to NBA 2K11
with an all new Jordan Challenge mode, historic Bulls teams, and even a MJ: Creating a Legend mode offering
gamers the chance to be a rookie Michael and craft a new career for him. This is on top of improvements to
core gameplay elements – including an all-new IsoMotion™ dribbling controls, deeper My Player mode with
new My Career feature, all-new breathtaking visuals, and much more. This year BECOME THE GREATEST with NBA 2K11.

346tffq.png

Jordan Challenge –
Relive 10 different legendary games from Michael Jordan’s career and replicate in NBA 2K11 what MJ did on the court. Successfully reenact all 10 game scenarios to unlock the MJ: Creating a Legend mode.

Historic Chicago Bulls Teams –
Ever wondered how the Lakers of today might fare against the Michael Jordan led Chicago Bulls? Get the chance to play as some of the greatest teams in NBA history as the 1985-86, 1989-90, 1990-91, 1991-92, 1994-95, 1995-96, 1996-97, and 1997-98 Chicago Bulls squads are put at your fingertips in Quick Game mode.

My Jordans –
While playing through NBA 2K11, users will be awarded pairs of Air Jordans for hitting game milestones and accomplishments. Collect the entire line of Air Jordan shoes that MJ wore throughout his career and gain specific attribute bonuses when you have them equipped.

MJ: Creating a Legend –
Complete the Jordan Challenge to unlock this special mode where you get to take control of a newly drafted rookie Michael Jordan and craft your own version of Michael’s career in the NBA.

ALL-NEW IsoMotion™ Dribbling Controls -
Delivering the most realistic feeling and reacting dribbling system to date with seamless transitions between ankle breaking moves. Coupled with an all-new gesturing system allowing users to intuitively translate thought to motion and dominate like Michael Jordan from the perimeter to the paint.

ALL-NEW Dynamic Shot Control –
Take your offensive game to the next level with an unprecedented amount of control via the enhanced Shot Stick™. Dozens of new shot types, from layups to jumpshots to dunks and everything in between, are completely under the user’s control with the flick of a stick. The new Shot Branching system also allows you to adjust your shots on the fly in mid-air just like MJ and ensures that you’re never stuck in long drawn out animations.

BEST NBA 2K Soundtrack EVER –
The GREATEST soundtrack to date featuring an eclectic mix of upcoming breakout bands and highly acclaimed hip-hop artists such as Big Boi, Drake, and even an original, exclusive track from 12 time Grammy nominee, Snoop Dogg.

Full PlayStation®Move Functionality –
Look for more details coming soon, but know that NBA 2K11 will be taking full advantage of this exciting new hardware feature.

NBA Developer Insights:
Making a Smarter Game By Mike Wang
The Jordan Challenge, New Additions
The Art of Passing
The Sticks
My Career
Expanded Playcall System
Presentation
Association

besnqe.png

Controls Trailer
Gamespot NBA 2K11 Jordan challenge

Phoenix Suns vs. Miami Heat (Roughly 9 Minutes of Gameplay)

NBA 2K11: Denver Nuggets vs. Orlando Magic

Operation Sports 10 teams in 10 days
Day 1: Oklahoma City Thunder
Day 2: San Antonio Spurs
Day 3: Los Angeles Lakers
Day 4: Utah Jazz
Day 5: Boston Celtics
Day 6: Miami Heat
Day 7: Detroit Pistons
Day 8: Portland Blazers
Day:9 Chicago Bulls

30m7pz5.png

Game Informer: 8.75
IGN: 9.5
GameZone: 8.5
Gamespot: 8.0

amws55.png

15-page PDF Manual
Isomotion
Shotstick
The Art of Passing
The Sticks

Operation Sports NBA 2K11 Strategy Session
Volume 1: Defensive Settings
Volume 2: Understanding Movement
Volume 3: Passing

2b47z9.png

Xbox 360 Season 11 League Xbox 360 League Thread
Opening Night Starts Oct. 20th

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS3 Season 1 League PS3 League Thread (Optional paypal. $20 (US) Buy-in.

Opening Night Oct. 19th
Current potential pot stands at $370.00 US Dollars)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PC League Interest List
name: Omiee
name: outsida
name: LovingSteam
name: The M.O.B
name: PotatoeMasher
PS3 Crew:
GAF Barons: Homepage
General Mananger: Rinse82

vazwo.png

IRC Chat: (Centralized chat for both leagues, Crew games, scrimmages, whatever)
server: studio64.yi.org
channel: #nba-age

irc clients:
windows - use mirc or xchat
mac - colloquy

2K web irc chat (via mibbit.com)
Chatzilla(firefox extention)

first come first serve basis. i dont know how smokey will assign teams.
as for the ps3 league, i hope we can get at least 16+ players.
and what do you guys think of having a paypal league for the ps3 users?
maybe something of $20 buy-in and finals winner wins the pot?

Smokey

360 league will consist of a tournament as well as league.

Tournament I'll be offering $30 gift certificate to GS for the winner
League champion $75 gift certificate for the winner

charsace

Soon you will edit that banner to reflect the scam 2k is pulling off.
wbqmvn.jpg

Not surprised a fraud like Kobe would pimp this series.

2ppiteq.jpg

"We can't wait for 2scam11!"

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
360 league will consist of a tournament as well as league.

Tournament I'll be offering $30 gift certificate to GS for the winner
League champion $75 gift certificate for the winner
sinister_venom.jpg

DCX

daw840

We'll see if this is actually worth any money whatsoever. I bought 2k10 used for $30 and still felt ripped off....

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
We'll see if this is actually worth any money whatsoever. I bought 2k10 used for $30 and still felt ripped off....
I got it launch for 55 and again after i sold it. ( the first time i sold a 360 game since i got it ) I bought it again after Smokey convinced me patch 3,4989 would work, wrong.. so 80-85 bucks for a shitty game.

Smokey owes me money

DCX

Smokey

DCX said:
I got it launch for 55 and again after i sold it. ( the first time i sold a 360 game since i got it ) I bought it again after Smokey convinced me patch 3,4989 would work, wrong.. so 80-85 bucks for a shitty game.

Smokey owes me money

DCX

Last yr we had a league...it's once we got to the playoffs that the :lol started happening

Here's who I have talked to and who have said they are interested in the 360 league:

myself
ecnal
birdman02
lukesmith
livewire
fmt
dcx
charsace
HEY LOW 2
Fivering
CB3
Blackace
Dy_nasty
n1ghtz
MrBob
sanjuro tsubaki
anachronous_one

Sanjuro

I really want to see some Elite impressions. Not feeling the demo so much, but looking forward to some league NBA action.

DCX

DCX
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I really want to see some Jam impressions. Not feeling the demo so much, but looking forward to some league NBA action.
Let me help you..

DCX

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
viakado said:
Disclaimer: Do not let 2k swindle you again. Wait for reviews and user feedbacks before buying this game.
The My Career RPG-esque stuff and all the Jordan related stuff is enough for me to get it day 1. Sorry. :(

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
After playing a beta build of BOTH systems (don't ask how)..the Move aspect if kinda cool..but I'm going with 360.

In with the Spurs..make sure I don't play foggy or I leave.

Smokey

jobber said:
After playing a beta build of BOTH systems (don't ask how)..the Move aspect if kinda cool..but I'm going with 360.

In with the Spurs..make sure I don't play foggy or I leave.

Really dunno what your issue is but you've been taking subtle little shots at me for no reason for awhile now. So you can say what's on your mind and stop acting childish or just join the PS3 league. Simple.

charsace

I'm kind of mad at myself for not thinking of the foggy thing.

Look at it this way Smokey; better for you if jobber beats you in a tight playoff series than to get that ass whopped out the league via domination by me.

Though maybe the league might be better off if that Beasley lover doesn't have Duncan for league play. You know who you are you elbow jump shot loving chump.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
charsace said:

Look at it this way Smokey; better for you if jobber beats you in a tight playoff series than to get that ass whopped out the league via domination by me.

Though maybe the league might be better off if that Beasley lover doesn't have Duncan for league play. You know who you are you elbow jump shot loving chump.

:lol

I applaud the courage of those who are willing to pick up 2K yet again after the 2 consecutive turds they've laid out.

The demo felt like the same garbage they've repackaged since 2K9.

2K Sports mantra for the past 2 years has basically been: We don't give a fuck™

Enjoy the game folks.

6s56vo.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm in, if for no other reason than to keep Cloudy away from the Bobcats.

Oh and fantasy draft

charsace

Cerrius said:

I applaud the courage of those who are willing to pick up 2K yet again after the 2 consecutive turds they've laid out.

Enjoy the game folks.

6s56vo.jpg
I haven't even dled the demo yet and I agree with this. Just from watching the vids all I could see is the same damn game. Whatever they did with the CHoops series that made it hard to go jordan mode should be done to the NBA series.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Cerrius said:

Enjoy the game folks.
I'm mainly just going to do the Jordan stuff anyway. Can't resist!

33ejsit.png

2cwqykj.png

ecnal

charsace said:
You show a vid of the better animation in this year's game. What else am I supposed to be seeing? Am I supposed to get excited about the iso game superstars have which has been a big problem throughout the series?

shows off the new controls and how you can back in/out of animations at will--no more stuck in animations.

2k11 jacked live 10's controls almost in their entirety. thanks mike wang :D

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
charsace said:
Soon you will edit that banner to reflect the scam 2k is pulling off.
wbqmvn.jpg

Not surprised a fraud like Kobe would pimp this series.

2ppiteq.jpg

"We can't wait for 2scam11!"

I think this will much more appropriate if the game is the same shit as last year:

Michael_Jordan_Highlights.gif

smik

rinse82 said:

this

first couple of posters are already trying to ruin the thread without even playing the full game GTFO haters!
i really dont see any other NBA games (lol Elite+pack in) getting close to 2k this year

i haven't bought a NBA game in years (2k3) until nba2k10 came out and i thought it was exceptional, playing the 2k11 demo
i can already see its alot better. only thing i didnt like was the lag in NBA2k10 but im more interested in playing against friends on local

kamspy

Damn. I gotta check out the Buck Williams - Ho Grant match up. Who's the semi-greatest goggled forward in the history of the league....?

?

SlickVic

XiaNaphryz said:
The My Career RPG-esque stuff and all the Jordan related stuff is enough for me to get it day 1. Sorry. :(

Same. Lower price on the PC version makes this an easy purchase. That, and I don't really play online so the buggy netcode doesn't really affect me. Can't wait to try the Jordan challenges.

I'm undecided but I think I want to get NBA Elite. I haven't bought a sports game in ages but I've been really into basketball the past few years and I want to get a basketball game. I'll wait for both games to be reviewed. How's the NBA Elite demo?

Omiee said:
no pc league..?
i remember from last year there were no more than a handful that were getting the pc version.
i dont mind adding a pc league list to the OP assuming there are enough interested parties and someone willing to be commish.

Smokey

charsace said:

You will never defeat me when it counts. Repeat this to yourself!

Top Bottom