• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 |OT| The Greatest of All Time | Reviews | PS3/360 League Sign-Up

mbmonk

Can someone with the PS3 version verify there are no reflections from the scoreboards/lights on the court during the game?

I played 2k11 demo on the PS3 and thought it was a nice looking game. I just saw 2k10 on a PC running it 1080p maxed out everything and my jaw dropped.

I am hoping the PS3 final version will have some bells and whistles graphically the demo didn't.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
You know, I'm finding very little information about the PC version of this one. =( Amazon has it up for order, but no release day shipping (while the console versions do). Will this be delayed? No Steam or digital downloads? =(

tenz0r

Any reviews on the Move controls for NBA 2K11 PS3? I have both a 360 and PS3, but currently have it pre-ordered on 360. However, I wouldn't mind another move compatible game.

Well . . . at least NHL 2K11 didn't die in vain. They probably put some of the NHL team onto NBA 2K11 to give it extra attention.

Smokey said:
IGN's review - 9.5 wat

o_O
well-damn.png

Smokey

speculawyer said:
Well . . . at least NHL 2K11 didn't die in vain. They probably put some of the NHL team onto NBA 2K11 to give it extra attention.

you still on that nhl train brah:lol

i remember you being the lone soldier in a sea of NHL (EA) players.

Smokey said:
you still on that nhl train brah:lol

i remember you being the lone soldier in a sea of NHL (EA) players.
Meh. EA's NHL certainly had a lot more features & polish. But you get used to the "feel" and "flow" of a game such that the other one seems jarring. EA's NHL players feel like robots to me . . . they just didn't feel like they moved in smooth arcs.

But alas, it is over.

C'mon bring back NHL 2K12!

TigerKnee

charsace said:
This looks like GOTY and maybe even game of the generation.

As a 2K fan that has bought it every year since the DC days, I must say...

You're out of your mind.

2K10 was such a buggy mess, I had to go to Live. I have high extremely low hopes that they have improved so much, that they are GOTY candidate.

Speaking of which, GOTY? You must be extremely intoxicated. MAYBE Sports GOTY

Barrett2

The demo was fun, playing through the Jordan challenges seems goddamn awesome; but I am so sick of rewarding 2Ks laziness every year. Gonna wait to grab it used on the cheap.

anddo0

lawblob said:
The demo was fun, playing through the Jordan challenges seems goddamn awesome; but I am so sick of rewarding 2Ks laziness every year. Gonna wait to grab it used on the cheap.

Yep, at it's core it's still 2K IMO.. I'm not jumping on the bandwagon just yet. I guarantee there will be an issue with the game that has everyone up in arms. It never fails.

Barrett2

anddo0 said:
Yep, at it's core it's still 2K IMO.. I'm not jumping on the bandwagon just yet. I guarantee there will be an issue with the game that has everyone up in arms. It never fails.
True. Plus, at least for me, other than MLB, I seem to lose interest before getting a full $60 worth of value out of most sport games. I always have that moment shortly after buying it where i think; 'I can't believe I just got suckered into buying the same damn game for the 6th year in a row!'

I am also one of those people that have bought all of the NBA 2K games since the launch of the Dreamcast (it was actually the first game I bought for the system).

I skipped 2k10 after renting it, but have 2k11 set for release day delivery.

If the 360 league is full, does anyone want to start a second league of GAFers?

If you want in PM me, I call Celtics.

mbmonk

So I downloaded the PS3 NBA 2k10 demo to compare it to 2k11 and they took stuff out of 2k11 graphically for the PS3. The reflections on the court are in 10 but not in 11.

I guess that is the possible price we pay for MOVE and 3D support? To bad I will be using neither anytime soon.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am terrible at the new generation of NBA games (I am more of a fan of arcade basketball games like Jam and Arch Rivals) but I was really impressed with the demo. The biggest challenge for me is figring out how to pull off all the moves and run the plays in a manner that doesn't have me running into my other players like a 7 year-old peewee player.

I'm running demo mode for the next 2 hours or so before I head out. check out my stream here.

lots of requests to just let the cpu play so they can see how game pacing is. enjoy.

New York City isn't getting it till Monday now.

Fuck this, when they said "Friday or Saturday" I spent Thursday night getting excited about possibly playing it. When they told me yesterday it would be coming Saturday I got excited last night and this morning. Now I'm being told it's Monday. Fuck that shit mom and pops and I'm not buying from you.

ph33nix said:
New York City isn't getting it till Monday now.

Fuck this, when they said "Friday or Saturday" I spent Thursday night getting excited about possibly playing it. When they told me yesterday it would be coming Saturday I got excited last night and this morning. Now I'm being told it's Monday. Fuck that shit mom and pops and I'm not buying from you.

Dang, now you only get to play it one day ahead of everyone else. That does suck!

RS4- said:
I'll try and get the name of the store for you in Chinatown, I don't remember it offhand :(

Wait you're a New Yorker too? :lol

Someone mentioned J&L Game Trading on Elizabeth street the other day but I called and they said they won't get it till Monday.

And yes it does fucking suck that I only get to play it only one day ahead of everyone else. What do you think I paid expensive rent in NYC for!?

I actually haven't gone to the store down the street from me, I'm going to go get some shit and stop by there and ask if they're still getting it today.

ecnal

ph33nix said:
Wait you're a New Yorker too? :lol

Someone mentioned J&L Game Trading on Elizabeth street the other day but I called and they said they won't get it till Monday.

And yes it does fucking suck that I only get to play it only one day ahead of everyone else. What do you think I paid expensive rent in NYC for!?

I actually haven't gone to the store down the street from me, I'm going to go get some shit and stop by there and ask if they're still getting it today.

the garden mystique?

ecnal said:
the garden mystique?
:lol

Actually this season I'm thinking of not going to the Garden but going to....Newark :(
I mean, cheapest ticket is like 100 for both games at the Garden right now. what the fuck!?!?

Smokey

CoachKevin said:
I am also one of those people that have bought all of the NBA 2K games since the launch of the Dreamcast (it was actually the first game I bought for the system).

I skipped 2k10 after renting it, but have 2k11 set for release day delivery.

If the 360 league is full, does anyone want to start a second league of GAFers?

If you want in PM me, I call Celtics.

360 league is full, you can be first on the waiting list if you'd like once someone inevitably drops out.

And yes it is still 2k..that's why the league isn't starting for a couple weeks after launch to see exactly what the issues are. Czar has been really impressed by the game and I have been to by the videos I've seen. IGN's 9.5 is nice but it's still a mainstream site. There's NO WAY it can be as buggy as 2k10, but based on various impressions etc I'm excited for it.

Purexed said:
In my hood, there's a dumbass with a Craigs List post offering $350 for a brand new 360 copy...

So there's obviously a market for these gougers.

Just because somebody is offering at that price doesn't mean anyone will buy it. Market unconfirmed.

yeah the store in brooklyn posted a sign outside the door: "NBA 2k11: Monday"

they got asked enough already I guess :(

Purexed

Banned
blurredvision said:
Just because somebody is offering at that price doesn't mean anyone will buy it. Market unconfirmed.

You misread. The post was a guy ASKING to buy someone's sealed copy for 350 bucks. Not the other way around like I think your post suggested.

Anyway, I found a kid that's looking to offload a new copy of 2K11 on PS3. I have no idea how he got it, but he sent me a picture text proving he wasn't full of shit. Off to get the best sports game of this generation, suck it John Madden!! :lol

Purexed said:
You misread. The post was a guy ASKING to buy someone's sealed copy for 350 bucks. Not the other way around like I think your post suggested.

Anyway, I found a kid that's looking to offload a new copy of 2K11 on PS3. I have no idea how he got it, but he sent me a picture text proving he wasn't full of shit. Off to get the best sports game of this generation, suck it John Madden!! :lol

lol offload. Like it's cocaine or drugs or something. Anyway yeah, Madden is getting traded towards this, I'll stick with NCAA football this year.

Smokey

DMczaf said:

hunter lol said:

Never forget.

But seriously there's nothing really wrong with that IGN said about 2k10. It was the ONLINE and other modes that were shit. Crew, Teamup, leagues. If you just played Association mode, then what he said is probably true.

However here at GAF we use the leagues and that shit didn't work for 3 months. That combined with other online centric modes not working is what made it a scam.

charsace

ph33nix said:
yeah the store in brooklyn posted a sign outside the door: "NBA 2k11: Monday"

they got asked enough already I guess :(
Fuck nigga was gonna hit you up. Was hoping you found it somewhere. Went to some spots in queens and no one will sell before monday. I don't know what's going on because usually these dudes don't give a fuck. There was plenty of that crap castlevania game though. :(

Ugh what the fuck NYC, I'm sorta leaning towards just selling off some old games to gamestop or something and using that credit to 2k11....

charsace said:
Fuck nigga was gonna hit you up. Was hoping you found it somewhere. Went to some spots in queens and no one will sell before monday. I don't know what's going on because usually these dudes don't give a fuck. There was plenty of that crap castlevania game though. :(

castlevania will be awesome! plus $20 credit at amazon!

p.s. can i use the N word guys? we're cool right??

SamuraiX-

Does anyone here actually have the game yet? If so, I'm wondering if you can post the Kings full lineup.

I saw that video on YouTube and I noticed they didn't include Eugene "Pooh" Jeter. :(

He seems like he'd be a nice addition to the team so if he's not on there now I hope he will be after the first roster update. The Kings signed him back in July, so I would think 2K had enough time to put him in there.

WITNESS2K9 said:

i was jk.

in other news, smokey does have a point. if NBA 2k10 WORKED properly online i would've probably enjoyed it. like ive always said, nba 2k9 is my favorite basketball game ever, in large part due to the success of the league.

i started to play nba 2k10 singleplayer but then there were some weird duplication problems with "my player", and some other errors that i guess were patched but they had lost me by that point.

it also looks as though the gameplay is shaping up nicely, especially the interior defense and strict passing lanes

SamuraiX- said:
Does anyone here actually have the game yet? If so, I'm wondering if you can post the Kings full lineup.

I saw that video on YouTube and I noticed they didn't include Eugene "Pooh" Jeter. :(

He seems like he'd be a nice addition to the team so if he's not on there now I hope he will be after the first roster update. The Kings signed him back in July, so I would think 2K had enough time to put him in there.

Armon Johnson is not on the Blazers roster either but they already have 15 players in the game. They included Patty Mills who I don't think will be with the team when the season starts.

FrenchMovieTheme said:

i was jk.

in other news, smokey does have a point. if NBA 2k10 WORKED properly online i would've probably enjoyed it. like ive always said, nba 2k9 is my favorite basketball game ever, in large part due to the success of the league.

i started to play nba 2k10 singleplayer but then there were some weird duplication problems with "my player", and some other errors that i guess were patched but they had lost me by that point.

it also looks as though the gameplay is shaping up nicely, especially the interior defense and strict passing lanes

yeah i liked 2k9 better...i liked the shot releases... and it was better league play... but im ready for this 2k11, they finally got my Sonics in there.

Top Bottom