• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 |OT| The Greatest of All Time | Reviews | PS3/360 League Sign-Up

Sanjuro

Okay. So since we can do different divisions, I'm going to be in the All-American Basketball Alliance.

So I'm going to be having a firesale on all black players from the Spurs. I should be having a special running soon on fine imported talent.

Also, if you have anyone who looks like this on your team please PM ASAP!!!

2quq8nq.jpg

Wickerman

PotatoeMasher said:
Nor have they shipped mine. The status has been 'Shipping soon' all day, so I can't even cancel it now.

Did you use 'Release day shipping'?

If so, the status should update later today or after midnight.

No clue. I'm Amazon Prime, so I think I just chose the best shipping I could get. Not sure I saw release-date shipping when I checked out. There's an Amazon warehouse 30 minutes away from my town, so shipping is usually next day. I might give them a quick call to confirm.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
PotatoeMasher said:
No clue. I'm Amazon Prime, so I think I just chose the best shipping I could get. Not sure I saw release-date shipping when I checked out. There's an Amazon warehouse 30 minutes away from my town, so shipping is usually next day. I might give them a quick call to confirm.
Amazon Prime accounts should have the default shipment set to Release Day if available, otherwise it defaults to 2-day shipping. You should be fine.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Okay. So since we can do different divisions, I'm going to be in the All-American Basketball Alliance.

So I'm going to be having a firesale on all black players from the Spurs. I should be having a special running soon on fine imported talent.

Also, if you have anyone who looks like this on your team please PM ASAP!!!

Maybe I don't know you well enough to understand how your comment is supposed to be funny. But that comes across as racism to me.

Is racism your joke?

Sanjuro

Truelize said:
Maybe I don't know you well enough to understand how your comment is supposed to be funny. But that comes across as racism to me.

Is racism your joke?
Are you the first Irish born WWE Champion?

Awesome, you guys have me down for the pacers. I hope they give them some love, at least I will have a point guard for the first time in about 5 years, lol.

It's so much shit to learn and do in this game that it is overwhelming. This game should come with an old time I don't know shit abut this game or games sit on the toilet manual.

I just spend two hours scouring the streets of Brooklyn for this game. NBA 2K11 DOES NOT EXIST. If anyone tells you they have the game, they're lying. It's all an elaborate hoax. I knew this game we too good to be true. I mean wtf 2k. Are you serious??

I swear if I log in to PSN or Xbox live right now and someone's playing this game, I will go berserk!!!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Well, I haven't played an NBA game since Lakers vs. Celtics on the genesis in 1990, but I'm definitely picking this up on the TRU B2G1 on Sunday, so go ahead and put me down for the PS3 league.

Sloegr

LovingSteam said:
For those wanting to buy this on the PC, it was just added to the client registry. Should be released tomorrow. No pre-purchase.

Any word on a PC demo this year?

pistolpete2940 said:
I just spend two hours scouring the streets of Brooklyn for this game. NBA 2K11 DOES NOT EXIST. If anyone tells you they have the game, they're lying. It's all an elaborate hoax. I knew this game we too good to be true. I mean wtf 2k. Are you serious??

I swear if I log in to PSN or Xbox live right now and someone's playing this game, I will go berserk!!!

Did you get my PM?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Just dont know what system to get it for this year... PS3 for Move functionality and more friends that play NBA or PC for graphics and being cheaper. Wait, is the PC version 20$ again :lol

rinse82

pistolpete2940 said:
Yes sir, I'm actually contemplating picking it up tonight still. Im feenin right now. :lol :lol

hey buddy, battle for mWo later this week? Getting the game tomorrow

XiaNaphryz

Trin3785 said:
Well now its really a tough choice.... Anyone heard anything about the PS Move functions for this game?
I didn't even realize there was any Move support at all.

Trin3785 said:
Just dont know what system to get it for this year... PS3 for Move functionality and more friends that play NBA or PC for graphics and being cheaper. Wait, is the PC version 20$ again :lol

I have it for the PS3 and I've been playing it with the move, and for the most part its just like the Wii version, the moves are easy to pull off. Its just coming from DS3 to Move requires some manual dexterity and patience.

I got use to it by just doing some drills so my brain could wrap itself around the whole motion control stuff. I would recommend that method if you do go down that road. 30 to 50 reps of just doing one thing before you move to the next gesture.

Jtrizzy

Just saw the commercial...hearing the intro from chicago stadium(s) still sends chills down my spine. Being 32 and growing up in nc and a huge carolina fan...let's just say jordan is pretty much a god to me. My mom actaully got his autograph for me back in the early 80's. She just happened to be on the same flight as mj.

SlickVic

Amazon Prime is amazing. They didn't offer release date delivery for the PC version, but tracking info says I should have it tomorrow.

Just hoping the PC version isn't a buggy mess. Haven't had any issues with them the past couple years, but this is the first time the PC version is being released the same day as the consoles, so hopefully they didn't rush it out this time.

SlickVic said:
Amazon Prime is amazing. They didn't offer release date delivery for the PC version, but tracking info says I should have it tomorrow.

Just hoping the PC version isn't a buggy mess. Haven't had any issues with them the past couple years, but this is the first time the PC version is being released the same day as the consoles, so hopefully they didn't rush it out this time.

My tracking isn't listing a delivery date yet, so that makes me feel better. It's coming from Delaware, which I thought we kicked out of the union years ago.

smik

Amazing!

love the game definetley deserves its high praise reviews, this will be the best NBA game i have ever played since 2k2

Loving MY Player mode got Drafted into the First Round 30th pick :p,
and on top of that i was put into the Wizards playing along side fellow rookie John Wall.

theres some major minutes to be had on this roster so all is good, never played a DLeague game...yeh baby Straight to the NBA!

MY Player

Tyrone Anderson
Shooting Guard 6ft8

Averages

22- PPG
2.8 RPG
1.5 APG

Minutes Per Game a woping 36! already completed 31 games

Overal Rating 52!

Jtrizzy

Wish 2k would bring back the customizeable sound tracks they had in 2k5 on the first xbox....anyone else get into those? You could upload music, then edit it to play the parts you wanted, when the players are bringing the ball up. It was basically customizing the arena music. Very time consuming, but really incredible if you do it right.

Smokey

smik said:
Amazing!

love the game definetley deserves its high praise reviews, this will be the best NBA game i have ever played since 2k2

Loving MY Player mode got Drafted into the First Round 30th pick :p,
and on top of that i was put into the Wizards playing along side fellow rookie John Wall.

theres some major minutes to be had on this roster so all is good, never played a DLeague game...yeh baby Straight to the NBA!

MY Player

Tyrone Anderson
Shooting Guard 6ft8

Averages

22- PPG
2.8 RPG
1.5 APG

Minutes Per Game a woping 36! already completed 31 games

Overal Rating 52!

There's some reports of some pretty bad My Player bugs, have you ran into any?

Not surprised since they didn't focus on My Player this year and left it largely intact from 2k10 (LOL)

Jtrizzy said:
Wish 2k would bring back the customizeable sound tracks they had in 2k5 on the first xbox....anyone else get into those? You could upload music, then edit it to play the parts you wanted, when the players are bringing the ball up. It was basically customizing the arena music. Very time consuming, but really incredible if you do it right.

I thought this has always been in?

XiaNaphryz

Jtrizzy said:
But is it the arena music or just the abiltiy to listen to mp3s from your hard drive?
Just go here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k/446671-nba-2k11-custom-arena-music.html

THE BIG PROJECT FILE 2k11 edition

Everyone may be familiar with last years project file. It started with users on OS just throwing out suggestions of what should or could be played at particular venues. Myself and the future 420 teamed up and added a lump sum of additions and really steam rolled for a "standardized" file set that every one could use. We took suggestions and turned them into actual in game events. The participation was great to see. You just may see your suggestion in this set.

Anyways, onto this year. It's basically more of the same. I took it upon myself to sync up last years songs to my ipod and really get the sound levels playing all at the same level. Throw in some new tracks thanks in large part to Ronyell and Zen_Master07, and it's a true upgrade or update from last years set.

What's new this year:
-More in game arena variety. Organ based arenas like Boston, Atlanta, Utah, New York, and LAL will have at least half of their playlists set to organ music
-Added in all new CHANT TEAMS and CHANT DEFENSE (thanks to zen_master07) for all teams to use
-New custom made team specific tipoff tracks
-At least 100 new LONG tracks
-Dozens of the latest hip hop and pop hits of the past summer (thanks Ronyell and zen)
-Just a true overhaul in every department

DiddyBop

borghe said:
Well, I haven't played an NBA game since Lakers vs. Celtics on the genesis in 1990, but I'm definitely picking this up on the TRU B2G1 on Sunday, so go ahead and put me down for the PS3 league.
Nice, I'll add you to the list when I get home. Go ahead and pick your 3 teams. You from Toronto too?

RDreamer

Since it looks like the buy-in is optional on the PS3 league I think I'll join. I don't expect to win any games at all, so I'll be surprised if I do.

PSN: RDreamer

My team choices: Bucks, Mavs, Hawks

Really hoping I get the bucks.

smik

Smokey said:
There's some reports of some pretty bad My Player bugs, have you ran into any?

Not surprised since they didn't focus on My Player this year and left it largely intact from 2k10 (LOL)

i have ran into any noticable bad issues yet

i know some people have had some problems with getting drafted and not being able to move out of the DLeague...but they aint no Tyrone Anderson! there just scrubs :lol

man... i think i have taken on My players persona, always cocky and arrogant no matter what.

LJ11

gluv65 said:
It's so much shit to learn and do in this game that it is overwhelming. This game should come with an old time I don't know shit abut this game or games sit on the toilet manual.

I feel the same way, which is keeping me from picking it up.

Babalu.

can someone confirm if there is still lag in 2k camera mode? framerate lag or video lag whatever you want to call it.

That shit ruined 2k10. Is it smooth framerate or is that damn lag back?

please please please check!

Top Bottom