• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 |OT| The Greatest of All Time | Reviews | PS3/360 League Sign-Up

Cloudy

Banned
DiddyBop said:
Price aside, is there anyone else interested in the PS3 league? We're currently at 18 players. Trying to see if price is a barrier to entry for anyone

It's not the price for me. 2K just plays better with the 360 controller IMO. Also, buying 2 copies of the game seems like overkill

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Cloudy said:
It's not the price for me. 2K just plays better with the 360 controller IMO. Also, buying 2 copies of the game seems like overkill

Yeah playing on a 360 controller IS better by a long shot. I got the PS3 version because I wanted to buy Move but not buy that shitty sports game...and it's nothing else coming out this year I'm interested in.

charsace

ph33nix said:
yeah NYC is not getting shit till tomorrow. i know for certain 3 stores will have it in the afternoon
What places will have it so that I can go cop it and maybe even catch a movie.

charsace said:
What places will have it so that I can go cop it and maybe even catch a movie.

Video games new york
this store by my place which will remain unnamed because i sure as hell don't want any chance of running into you
and fordham game world

rvy

Banned
ph33nix said:
Video games new york
this store by my place which will remain unnamed because i sure as hell don't want any chance of running into you
and fordham game world
:lol

Purexed

Banned
charsace said:
someone one craigslist is selling copies in NYC for 130 a piece wtf man.

In my hood, there's a dumbass with a Craigs List post offering $350 for a brand new 360 copy...

So there's obviously a market for these gougers.

RS4-

yeah, some people are willing to spend stupid amounts of money for it lol.

ph33nix, I might play you over the weekend if I'm not too lazy.

SamuraiX-

charsace said:
This looks like GOTY and maybe even game of the generation.

Hell. Fucking. No.

Game of the Year is pushing it too.

It's a little bit hard to be trusting of IGN, since they gave NBA 2K10 an 8.5... but a 9.5 is probably the highest I've seen a basketball game (or sports game in general) rated... well, ever. Shit's gonna be crazy.

anddo0

Clearly Hill is an MJ fanboy.. I think this score is inflated because the MJ content.. Also it sounds like PS3 users got the shaft again.. So I'll be waiting for user reviews before I go anywhere near this game.

NHale

anddo0 said:
Clearly Hill is an MJ fanboy.. I think this score is inflated because the MJ content.. Also it sounds like PS3 users got the shaft again.. So I'll be waiting for user reviews before I go anywhere near this game.

Hilary is the same guy that said GTA IV story was Oscar worthy so forgive me if I don't trust his hyperbole...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
New 2K commercial - Michael Jordan "What If"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AooiPzwHZYQ&fmt=22

oED9h.png

emuPl.png

enbMC.png

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
You got the regular NBA game, you got the Jordan challenges, and you got the My Player feature. 3 $20 games in 1. I dunno if I want to play this game until a roster update goes live.

charsace

SamuraiX- said:
Hell. Fucking. No.

Game of the Year is pushing it too.

It's a little bit hard to be trusting of IGN, since they gave NBA 2K10 an 8.5... but a 9.5 is probably the highest I've seen a basketball game (or sports game in general) rated... well, ever. Shit's gonna be crazy.
What will you say when the 9+ reviews roll in? How can it not be GOTY contender then?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
charsace said:
What will you say when the 9+ reviews roll in? How can it not be GOTY contender then?
Sports game of the year maybe.

No HD towns in this

charsace said:
This looks like GOTY and maybe even game of the generation.

this is why i don't think sports games can be properly reviewed until a month or so after release. everyone is ready for Sports Game to come out. anticipation builds with videos, promises of upgrades all over, great previews/videos. then the game comes out and day one OMFG AWESOME! then day 7 STILL COOL.... then day 30 FUCKING CHEESERS RUINING THIS GAME!

not saying nba 2k won't be awesome but you should probably curb your enthusiasm until real fans get their hands on it and see what's what

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
FrenchMovieTheme said:

this is why i don't think sports games can be properly reviewed until a month or so after release. everyone is ready for Sports Game to come out. anticipation builds with videos, promises of upgrades all over, great previews/videos. then the game comes out and day one OMFG AWESOME! then day 7 STILL COOL.... then day 30 FUCKING CHEESERS RUINING THIS GAME!

not saying nba 2k won't be awesome but you should probably curb your enthusiasm until real fans get their hands on it and see what's what
Czar over at OS seems impressed enough, which is promising.

charsace

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I might get this tomorrow if pheeniknicks isn't a fucking liar.

I found some places in queens. PM if you want them. The person that told me about them also told me that people actually report these places and that could be very bad for the mom and pop shops.

Purexed

Banned
Los Angeles area is bone dry, there isn't anywhere that got their shipment today. Anyone saying otherwise is an attention whore, looks like the East Coast is the only area where vendors are dropping early.

Monday it is, got the new Castlevania game as a consolation prize. :(

Purexed said:
Los Angeles area is bone dry, there isn't anywhere that got their shipment today. Anyone saying otherwise is an attention whore, looks like the East Coast is the only area where vendors are dropping early.

Monday it is, got the new Castlevania game as a consolation prize. :(

did you try game hut in gardena?

Purexed

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
did you try game hut in gardena?
They don't have it. But I don't give Game Hut my business anymore, unless there isn't another option.

I had a buddy I referred there once -- white kid, lanky, wore glasses, etc.-- where the owner charged him an extra $20 after I got it for normal price just two hours earlier. The owner is notorious about jacking up prices during the pre-release period. My two other spots are more professional, and aren't in the middle of the hood.

Purexed said:
They don't have it. But I don't give Game Hut my business anymore, unless there isn't another option.

I had a buddy I referred there once -- white kid, lanky, wore glasses, etc.-- where the owner charged him an extra $20 after I got it for normal price just two hours earlier. The owner is notorious about jacking up prices during the pre-release period. My two other spots are more professional, and aren't in the middle of the hood.

i'm a tall lanky white kid.... and i wear glass and the dude has never jacked the prices up on me! i usually just get madden there, but he charges $55 cash or $60 with credit card. there's also some chick that runs a videogame store in there and i think they compete with each other for business.

anyways, if they dont have it then i guess you are right and its not in LA!

9.5? Wow. I want to get a basketball game this year and that score may sell my on 2K11. I could care less about the Jordan stuff though. It pains me to even buy a product with his face on it. Hate that prick.

The M.O.B

ToyMachine228 said:
9.5? Wow. I want to get a basketball game this year and that score may sell my on 2K11. I could care less about the Jordan stuff though. It pains me to even buy a product with his face on it. Hate that prick.

Never judge a sports game based on a review from a mainstream site.

You could always invest in this great alternate cover :D

ogJbT.jpg

PS3 league
Current # of players 18
Current pot amount $390
For those that are on the fence about joining the ps3 league this is how its going to go down. This is the skinny. For paypal players, they are eligible to win the pot. For non paypal users you will not be eligible to win the pot. also im offering a sportmanship award of $50 to the player with the best user feedback score (based off purexed's feedback questionnaire ) at the end of the regular season. so even if you don't participate in the pot, you are still eligible to win the sportsmanship award

Net_Wrecker said:
Like there were ever any other basketball games since 2K started.

Except maybe Live 04/05.

This is true. 2K, even when it's broken, is still better than live. Damn, Tuesday is going to be awesome, reach playlist changes and 2K11.

Top Bottom