• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 |OT| The Greatest of All Time | Reviews | PS3/360 League Sign-Up

Sorry, but getting this bad boy day one.

3 Q's

How do you get in on this?

When does it start?

Are the Bulls (360) still available?

Thanks

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ecnal said:
2K finally just got the approval to have a dynamic attendance model too--the NBA had always been opposed to this for obvious reasons.

Great so now when I'm getting cheesed by some asshat online with the Heat the stands will still be empty. :D

charsace

Bay Maximus said:

3 Q's

When does it start?

Thanks
Listen new trim, and the rest of you fucking new guys, you don't get first choice. So don't ask.

Jtrizzy

Any word on the move and or the 3d? Im sure the movd support will be terrible, but hoping they do a good job with the 3d.

added Community section in the OP for 2k league sites and irc chats

IRC Chat: (Centralized chat for both leagues, Crew games, scrimmages, whatever)
server: studio64.yi.org
channel: #nba-age

irc clients:
windows - use mirc or xchat
mac - colloquy

2K web irc chat (via mibbit.com)
Chatzilla(via firefox extention)

speculawyer said:
Would the PC version support the 360 controller?

I assume it would
yes it does

Jtrizzy said:
Any word on the move and or the 3d? Im sure the movd support will be terrible, but hoping they do a good job with the 3d.
no news on the 3D and Move support.

PS-i will streaming everyone of my games via my android phone on ustream.
the quality is pretty damn good. and experienced zero lag.
if anyone else has an android phone or an iphone with a built in camera, you can stream your games too with the ustream app.

Nabs

speculawyer said:
Would the PC version support the 360 controller?

I assume it would

it does. the devs say that nba 2k11 will have the same exact control system as the 360, with buttons and all. apparently the older games had funky controls.

Smokey

Bay Maximus said:

3 Q's

When does it start?

Thanks

1. You post that you want in on either PS/360

2. Haven't nailed down a final start date yet. We'll see how the game runs within the first week or so of launch.

3. Still deciding on how teams will be chosen, but generally new people have to pick after those that have been around for awhile.

benjipwns

Banned
Nabs said:
it does. the devs say that nba 2k11 will have the same exact control system as the 360, with buttons and all. apparently the older games had funky controls.
2K10 and 2K9 both had 360 support and it would auto-configure the buttons, but they didn't have any of the controller icons, just generic number icons so you had to memorize that 4 = Y and so on. People had to mod it to get the proper button icons.

Nabs

benjipwns said:
2K10 and 2K9 both had 360 support and it would auto-configure the buttons, but they didn't have any of the controller icons, just generic number icons so you had to memorize that 4 = Y and so on. People had to mod it to get the proper button icons.

yeah, i've seen some of those mods. glad they fixed it this year. here's a 2k producer on the subject

reKon

Banned
Have not bought a sports in a longgggggg time (I use to buy Madden every other year and then it ended with NFL 2k5). Yes, NFL 2k5 was the last sports simulation I've played (and the best sports game I've ever played/put hours into). Then I watched this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMMAtXFf5kA

If that's not authenticity then I don't know what is.

And then they have the nerve to use MJ to promote this beautiful game?!?!

Damn it 2k, you got me. Day 1!

Cloudy

Banned
Smokey said:
No buy in. I'm putting up my own money as a prize to winner of 360 tournament as well as 360 league.

If 360 players are down for a pot/play I'll do it, if not then no biggie.

I feel the buy-in keeps everyone "invested" in the league's success. I bet you won't have to chase anyone around to play if we have money on the line :p

ADDED USTREAM INFO to OP

Stream your games Live via Ustream:
2hdbsbm.jpg

ustream.tv/mobile/broadcaster

step 1:download app to your camera ready smart phone.
step 2: launch app in your smartphone and create an account within the app.
step 3: open your web browser and login to your ustream account page.
step 4: click on "go live" on the ustream app and your smart phone will immediately stream your content to your ustream web page. (i.e., http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/9831422 )

Cloudy said:
I feel the buy-in keeps everyone "invested" in the league's success. I bet you won't have to chase anyone around to play if we have money on the line :p
join the ps3 league because i want your money im pretty sure no one will take the cats in the ps3 league :)

Jtrizzy

Thanks for that tip, I just picked up the droid 2. Its much more friendly with my ps3 than my ipod...I used it to back up all of my custom soundtrack music as I just traded in for a slim, as a mobile hot spot while I wait for real internet. Its great for buying music on amazon which drm free so it goes onto the ps3 with ease.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Gravijah said:
Being from South Florida means I'm legally allowed to pick the Miami Heat without being a bandwagoner. Sorry, guys.
:lol :lol :lol

We found another lifelong guys

Shurs

Wolves Lifelong here.

I'm really excited for 2K11. I skipped last year's game, and thought I was done with b-ball games in general, but there was too much interesting moves made this summer to stay away. I'm really excited to get my hands on the game.

ecnal

DCX said:
ph33nix
Pheeknicks
(Today, 09:36 AM)
Reply | Quote

We need a ruling Viakado.

DCX

i demand that mrbob--a true heat fan--be allowed to play pheeKNICKS for the heat again.

:)

ecnal

interesting options too:

Just noticed that in the Gameplay settings that there's this option:

Shooting Type: Shot Stick Timing or Real Player %

Same options for FT

real player % might be good for those who want to run their association as sim as possible.

second thought too, using real player % could eliminate a lot of potential cheese, but it might be too frustrating for some people when wide open shots don't fall...

Didn't watch much of that vid but I think we need to see more attempts at PNR and other off ball rolls to the basket before we confirm that lead pass is gone. The way the A.I has generally attempted to defend the basket rather than just the player has looked fairly impressive thus far though.

ecnal

Dark FaZe said:
Didn't watch much of that vid but I think we need to see more attempts at PNR and other off ball rolls to the basket before we confirm that lead pass is gone. The way the A.I has generally attempted to defend the basket rather than just the player has looked fairly impressive thus far though.

it's definitely still there, you can perform it in the demo.

however, in 2k10/2k9 you can perform it at will essentially. in the demo i've noticed that the timing has to be perfect, and, even then, it seems to have an extremely low success rate--i'd say 1/10 times it works if it's perfectly timed/executed.

ecnal said:
interesting options too:

real player % might be good for those who want to run their association as sim as possible.

second thought too, using real player % could eliminate a lot of potential cheese, but it might be too frustrating for some people when wide open shots don't fall...
i love that Real % idea. i will definitely turn that feature on for league play.
also, ps3 participants, as another deterrent for cheesing/exploiting, how do you guys feel about capping individual player points per game?
it limits cheesing/exploitations/isomotion use and promotes team play, passing.
of course there would be exceptions on the bottom barrel teams.
my thought process is i want to handicap the league so that abuse/cheesing is limited and everyone has a relatively equal shot on winning the grand prize pot.

im just thinking out loud here, so any thoughts and feedbacks are much appreciated.

ecnal

viakado said:
i love that Real % idea. i will definitely turn that feature on for league play.
also, ps3 participants, as another deterrent for cheesing/exploiting, how do you guys feel about capping individual player points per game?
my thought process is i want to handicap the league so that abuse/cheesing is limited and everyone has a relatively equal shot on winning the grand prize pot.

im just thinking out loud here, so any thoughts and feedbacks are much appreciated.

i'd play around with it first...

sounds like a great idea for people who want super realistic stats in their association, but i'm not so sure it'll translate appropriately to user vs user.

ecnal said:
i'd play around with it first...

sounds like a great idea for people who want super realistic stats in their association, but i'm not so sure it'll translate appropriately to user vs user.
if the hot/cold streak momentum does affect Real%, then i say fair game.
but yeah, i'll have to do a lot of testings before league starts.

charsace said:
Listen new trim, and the rest of you fucking new guys, you don't get first choice. So don't ask.

I'm not sure I quite understand. So the last year's participants get first choice; makes sense. But this is the third page, when do they choose? I've got nothing against insults but maybe peppering them with some actual info would be nice.

Thanks!

Gravijah

I'm just teasing, guys. :lol I only ever got into Basketball within the past few years and I'm more of a fan of players than teams. I'll probably be using the Thunder since I've had a man crush on KD since college.

Want to get a basketball game this year. Played the Elite demo...New mechanics are cool but difficult, and I couldn't find a groove. Played the 2K11 demo. Felt slow, and lacking fun, authenticity and excitement. So now I don't know what I'm going to do.

The M.O.B

It is still not up on Steam for PC, I hope they add it sometime this week. I cant pass up a $30 game with this much content.

SamuraiX-

ToyMachine228 said:
Played the 2K11 demo. Felt slow, and lacking fun, authenticity and excitement. So now I don't know what I'm going to do.

wat :lol

Both games would take time to get used to. If you want arcade, go Elite. If you want sim, go 2K.

Nabs

The M.O.B said:
It is still not up on Steam for PC, I hope they add it sometime this week. I cant pass up a $30 game with this much content.
I hope they add it before the 8th

thauoftkidd

Neo Member
viakado said:

im definitely in support of the capping individual performance from a points aspect.

Top Bottom