• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 |OT| The Greatest of All Time | Reviews | PS3/360 League Sign-Up

Kai said:
If I understand this right - we are playing for a pool of money too now right? If so - get out of here with this vets bullshit - everyone should have a random selection/draft if there is money involved.
there's no pool of money in the 360 league. only grand prize of $75 funded by smokey.
and the thought process of "vets" is to award players that return by giving them first dibs.

Nightz said:
360 league isn't pooling money. I think we should have separate threads for the leagues. People are getting confused.
its really not that difficult.
list of players for each league has been plastered on almost every page. plus its always updated in the OP

Nightz

Kai said:
If I understand this right - we are playing for a pool of money too now right? If so - get out of here with this vets bullshit - everyone should have a random selection/draft if there is money involved.
360 league isn't pooling money. I think we should have separate threads for the leagues. People are getting confused.

Kai

Ok - cool. Though this is a new year with a lot of newcomers. Why can't we make it fair and randomly select - if you truly want to play then everyone should be given equal opportunity.

SamuraiX-

Sounds good. So you can put me down for either the Kings or the Suns. If either get taken, I can choose the alternative. If both get taken, I'll gladly challenge whoever for whichever team. :D

Kai

Spurs - They are not taken yet.... and I am challenging for the Lakers. (Also - is it not possible to select historical teams? Why not? If so - I want 96 Bulls).

From earlier in the thread too....

Smokey

Kai said:
Spurs - They are not taken yet.... and I am challenging for the Lakers. (Also - is it not possible to select historical teams? Why not? If so - I want 96 Bulls).

1. Rookies don't get to challenge vets for teams they pick

2. You're in the 360 league and you have to wait until others before you pick. Part of being a rook!

3. Historical teams in a sim league? Why not? Because it would break the league.

360 league isn't pooling money..that's PS3. There will be two giftcard prizes in the 360 league but not a pool.

360 LEAGUE TEAM SELECTION said:
NBA2K VETS

1.Smokey - Rockets
2.Ecnal - Magic
3.DCX - Knicks
4.Pheeniks - Heat
5.Birdman - Mavericks
6.charsAce - Jazz
7.CB3 - Lakers
8.Nightz - Hornets
9.Daw - Nuggets
10.Mrbob - Thunder
11.Dmczaf - Bulls
12.FiveRing (Blazers?)
13.Konex - Celtics
14.anachronous_one - Hawks
15.Dark Faze - Wizards
16.HEY LOW 2 -
17.aznpxdd -
18.FMT -
19.Truelize -

Rookies that have played in other GAF leagues

20.LukeSmith
21.LiveWire
22.sanjuro Tsubaki

True Rookies

23.DY_nasty
24.Baby Milo
25.Kai
26.Vestal
27.Snack
28.AtlusAram
29.Shurs
30.Reaver18

DiddyBop

PS3 TEAM SELECTION

The three vets pick first (myself, viakado and Purexed). After that I will go down the list based on a first come first serve basis. List your top 3 teams, after that, if someone wants to challenge you for a team then you two will play one game to determine who gets that desired team. The loser will then have to revert to his 2nd or 3rd selection. You only get one challenge so if your 2nd or 3rd option is already selected then you will be bumped to the bottom of the list.

VETS

1.viakado- Lakers
2.Purexed-Thunder
3.Diddybop-Celtics

ROOKIES

1.rinse82
2.pistolpete2940-Heat, Nets, Rockets
3.Dmncnby2k9
4.thauoftkidd
5.thomasbk
6.Big Baybee
7.btothekw
8.johnny_park
9.MorisUkunRasik
10.bdizzle
11.SamuraiX-Kings, Suns, 76ers

Anyone wanting to join the PS3 league will have to wait until the names currently listed pick their teams.

Purexed

Banned
Since you're running things, I won't challenge your spot for the Lakers, Kado. But we all know I'd win them!! :p

I'd like to take ownership of the OKC Thunder. Those country bumpkins are fun to watch, and I'd enjoy running an uptempo offense with them.

Next...

DCX

DCX
Kai said:
Ok - cool. Though this is a new year with a lot of newcomers. Why can't we make it fair and randomly select - if you truly want to play then everyone should be given equal opportunity.
slow your roll cup cake. This is how league have been run forever on GAF. Rooks know thier place and get the team they get. Play it out, play well and within the rules and the year next you'll be in a better spot than this year.

Keep it up and gain vet status and earn the right to challenge another vet for a team. Im lucky no one wanted the Knicks so i got them from the start. In Madden, as a Falcons fan, i had the Bills, Browns a few years before i earned my shot at the Falcons. Truelize was the vet and owned the team until i played well in a tourney and earn a shot that year.

He picked a different team and we moved on. He retired from Madden and i become defacto owner of the Falcons, until this year where a one time rook ( Storybook ) challenge me for ownership. He is a big time fan as am i. We played and i beat him so i got the rights and he has a different team.

Sorry bro, but the rules are the rules. We will come up with a system that will be fair to all when it comes to team selection and rooks. Also, brashness will get you:

a: jobbered
b: stuck with a shit team outta spite

your choice ;)

DCX

DiddyBop

DiddyBop said:
PS3 TEAM SELECTION

VETS

1.viakado- 1.Lakers 2.Blazers 3.Magic
2.Purexed-1.? 2.? 3.?
3.Diddybop-1.Celtics 2.Magic 3.Golden State

ROOKIES

1.rinse82
2.pistolpete2940
3.Dmncnby2k9
4.thauoftkidd
5.thomasbk
6.Big Baybee
7.btothekw
8.johnny_park
9.MorisUkunRasik
10.bdizzle
11.SamuraiX

Anyone wanting to join the PS3 league will have to wait until the names currently listed pick their teams.
updated

DiddyBop

DiddyBop said:
PS3 TEAM SELECTION

VETS

1.viakado-Lakers
2.Purexed-Thunder
3.Diddybop-Celtics

ROOKIES

1.rinse82
2.pistolpete2940
3.Dmncnby2k9
4.thauoftkidd
5.thomasbk
6.Big Baybee
7.btothekw
8.johnny_park
9.MorisUkunRasik
10.bdizzle
11.SamuraiX

Rookies where yall at?

I had hopes for NBA Elite 11, but after the demo I knew it was not to be... I love the ball control but everything else about that game is a MESS!

2K11 here I come!

Purexed

Banned
Kai said:

I feel you Kai, but you have to see the other side as well. That league wouldn't have survived 10 seasons without the groundwork laid by the guys that resolved to make it work year after year. This isn't Fantasy Football, recognizing the order of things maintains a healthy league community. You can get tenure or "pull," but you got to put in the work.

DCX

DCX
Purexed said:
I feel you Kai, but you have to see the other side as well. That league wouldn't have survived 10 seasons without the groundwork laid by the guys that resolved to make it work year after year. This isn't Fantasy Football, recognizing the order of things maintains a healthy league community. You can get tenure or "pull," but you got to put in the work.
jokerclap.gif

Trust me 3-13 seasons as the Bills and Browns sucked :(

DCX

DiddyBop

DiddyBop said:
PS3 TEAM SELECTION

VETS

1.viakado- Lakers
2.Purexed-Thunder
3.Diddybop-Celtics

ROOKIES

1.rinse82
3.Dmncnby2k9
4.thauoftkidd
5.thomasbk
6.Big Baybee
7.btothekw
8.johnny_park
9.MorisUkunRasik
10.bdizzle

updated

charsace

Please crybabies I've only gotten my first choice 1 time and had to make the playoffs with the Nets at one point. All you have to do is know your play style and line up teams that fit it.

Vestal

For 360 league what are the general play times?

Personally for me Monday through friday 8am-2pm 12am-3am. Saturdays 10pm-3am Sundays 10pm-3am.

DCX

DCX
Vestal said:
For 360 league what are the general play times?

Personally for me Monday through friday 8am-2pm 12am-3am. Saturdays 10pm-3am Sundays 10pm-3am.
3-11 shift i presume. Very west coast friendly. I'm sure East coasters will find a way to play you. We do it all the time.

DCX

Vestal

DCX said:
3-11 shift i presume. Very west coast friendly. I'm sure East coasters will find a way to play you. We do it all the time.

DCX

Sort of yes.. 3-12 and 4-1am(but i usually work myself out before midnight)actually East coast time(No daylight savings though)

Shurs

Smokey said:
NBA2K VETS

1.Smokey - Rockets
2.Ecnal - Magic
3.DCX - Knicks
4.Pheeniks - Heat
5.Birdman - Mavericks
6.charsAce - Jazz
7.CB3 - Lakers
8.Nightz - Hornets
9.Daw - Nuggets
10.Mrbob - Thunder
11.Dmczaf - Bulls
12.FiveRing (Blazers?)
13.Konex - Celtics
14.anachronous_one -
15.Dark Faze -
16.HEY LOW 2 -
17.aznpxdd -
18.FMT -
19.Truelize -

20.LukeSmith
21.LiveWire
22.sanjuro Tsubaki

True Rookies

23.DY_nasty
24.Baby Milo
25.Kai
26.Vestal
27.Snack
28.AtlusAram
29.Shurs
30.Reaver18

I did participate in last season's Madden PS3 league which crashed and burned pretty quickly.

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer
I'm happy with whatever team no one else wants. While the Bobcats and Thunder sound less than desirable, I'd be happy with the Clippers or Warriors or whatever.

Smokey

Reznor said:
Excited about this game, and glad Elite got cancelled.

fixed

AtlusAram said:
I'm happy with whatever team no one else wants. While the Bobcats and Thunder sound less than desirable, I'd be happy with the Clippers or Warriors or whatever.

Be careful what you say less you end up with the Raptors :p

Vestal

XiaNaphryz said:
New NBA2K11 trailer - Michael Jordan Opus

There's something completely unsettling seeing rookie Jordan in a Heat uniform, or in a Laker uni with Kobe throwing him an alleyoop.

THE MUSIC! My god the MUSIC! It takes that trailer from great to EPIC!

Smokey

Shurs you've been put into the 2nd tier since you were in the Madden PS3 league.

NBA2K VETS

1.Smokey - Rockets
2.Ecnal - Magic
3.DCX - Knicks
4.Pheeniks - Heat
5.Birdman - Mavericks
6.charsAce - Jazz
7.CB3 - Lakers
8.Nightz - Hornets
9.Daw - Nuggets
10.Mrbob - Thunder
11.Dmczaf - Bulls
12.FiveRing (Blazers?)
13.Konex - Celtics
14.anachronous_one - Hawks
15.Dark Faze - Wizards
16.HEY LOW 2 - Warriors
17.aznpxdd -Grizzlies
18.FMT -
19.Truelize -

20.LukeSmith
21.LiveWire
22.sanjuro Tsubaki
23.Shurs

True Rookies

24.DY_nasty
25.Baby Milo
26.Kai
27.Vestal
28.Snack
29.AtlusAram
30.Reaver18

ecnal

WITNESS2K9 said:
damn i want my team back

gimme curry. :D

charsace said:
Please crybabies I've only gotten my first choice 1 time and had to make the playoffs with the Nets at one point. All you have to do is know your play style and line up teams that fit it.

how did that work out for you?

btothekw

DiddyBop said:
PS3 TEAM SELECTION

The three vets pick first (myself, viakado and Purexed). After that I will go down the list based on a first come first serve basis. List your top 3 teams, after that, if someone wants to challenge you for a team then you two will play one game to determine who gets that desired team. The loser will then have to revert to his 2nd or 3rd selection. You only get one challenge so if your 2nd or 3rd option is already selected then you will be bumped to the bottom of the list.

VETS

1.viakado- Lakers
2.Purexed-Thunder
3.Diddybop-Celtics

ROOKIES

1.rinse82
3.Dmncnby2k9
4.thauoftkidd
5.thomasbk
6.Big Baybee
7.btothekw
8.johnny_park
9.MorisUkunRasik
10.bdizzle

1. warriors
2. knicks
3. Bulls

Smokey

Shurs said:
How do trades work? Is the top-rated player on each team eligible for trade?

As of now it is open, but there could be some stipulations and other items in effect for elite players. I'll have the rules and stuff done in a couple of days.

DiddyBop

PS3 TEAM SELECTION

VETS

1.viakado- Lakers
2.Purexed-Thunder
3.Diddybop-Celtics

ROOKIES

1.rinse82-Heat,magic, bulls
3.Dmncnby2k9
4.thauoftkidd
5.thomasbk
6.Big Baybee
7.btothekw-warriors,knicks,bulls
8.johnny_park
9.MorisUkunRasik
10.bdizzle
12. PSN id:kulitchris bulls,warriors,knicks
13.Seattle6418

First 15 teams to sign up have to option to battle for teams, after 15 you have to wait.

Top Bottom