• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K13 |OT| Because Live is Dead

Omega

Banned
How are people doing with myplayer/career?
Got drafted 4th by the Cavs.

My friend almost got a triple double and got drafted 9th. Maybe because I'm a center I was more valued, or he fucked up on the questions.

They said you could get drafted first but I don't see that happening. Anthony Davis put up 2 points and 1 rebound while shooting poorly and getting schooled by Thomas Robinson and still went first.

I'm assuming people in here have taken the game online? Any rampant disconnects? From the game not other users quitting..

online is actually good so far. I've played about 8 games and none of them disconnects, although the scoreboard seems to always disappear towards the end of the third quarter.

triggaz

Banned

My friend almost got a triple double and got drafted 9th. Maybe because I'm a center I was more valued, or he fucked up on the questions.

They said you could get drafted first but I don't see that happening. Anthony Davis put up 2 points and 1 rebound while shooting poorly and getting schooled by Thomas Robinson and still went first.

online is actually good so far. I've played about 8 games and none of them disconnects, although the scoreboard seems to always disappear towards the end of the third quarter.

man I got 10 points 12 assist 5 to Davis he went 1st my character went 24th :(

triggaz

Banned
I can't find a copy of the PC version anywhere. All the Gamestops are sold out and I don't think Best Buy even carries it at all. Does anyone have any idea of where I could find a copy? Unfortunately, there aren't any big stores like Target or Walmart near me. It's going to be a long two weeks if I have to wait for DD.

My xbox died last year and before I bought my slim I was looking for a PC version couldn't find it anywhere just got a dd version almost went PC again this year but I prefer xbox live community for sports games

Are the crowd sounds any better? They were the same 2K shit in the demo but some guys on OS are saying otherwise for the full game.

Damn,I got drafted 12th.
Im a center btw.

newsguy

I played the Dream Team vs. Team USA. It was pretty surreal seeing matchups like Paul vs. Magic and Westbrook vs. Jordan. I hit the game winner with Lebron and Barkley covering him.

I can't find a copy of the PC version anywhere. All the Gamestops are sold out and I don't think Best Buy even carries it at all. Does anyone have any idea of where I could find a copy? Unfortunately, there aren't any big stores like Target or Walmart near me. It's going to be a long two weeks if I have to wait for DD.

I think it may be the 16th for PC DVD physical release as well. Amazon states "Usually ships within 11 to 12 days." If gamestop did have it for sale it seems like a short supply.

Omega

Banned
Damn,I got drafted 12th.
Im a center btw.

how did you do in the showcase? I had 15 points, 14 rebounds, 1 block, 1 assist.

I'm happy as hell. In 2K11 I got drafted by the Thunder and we all know Westbrick barely passes. 2K12 I got drafted by Pistons and Rodney Stuckey and Brandon Knight would never pass no matter what.

finally got a PG that isn't just an undersized 2.

Why is no one talking about the fact that you can not save an association franchise?

Is it not a big deal to anyone? Error error...............

Smokey

Why is no one talking about the fact that you can not save an association franchise?

well you're the first person i've seen bring it up

gj 2k!

i'm going through the "training camp" now...seems that they've put the emphasis on using the x button shoot rather than the shot stick..

Has the actual Myplayer gameplay improved? Better ai? Not playing out of position etc. It seems like the only changes has been cosmetic.

how did you do in the showcase? I had 15 points, 14 rebounds, 1 block, 1 assist.

I'm happy as hell. In 2K11 I got drafted by the Thunder and we all know Westbrick barely passes. 2K12 I got drafted by Pistons and Rodney Stuckey and Brandon Knight would never pass no matter what.

finally got a PG that isn't just an undersized 2.
I had 12 points,9 rebounds,1 block and 0 assist.I got drafted by the Rockets.

Omega

Banned

I guess it's because no one has tried association yet. everyone is probably just playing online or doing myplayer.

this is just pathetic though. i wasn't going to do an association anytime soon but I hope they fix this.

Has the actual Myplayer gameplay improved? Better ai? Not playing out of position etc. It seems like the only changes has been cosmetic.

from the few games I played, it's better. I'm no longer being subbed in at power forward, the AI also seems better.

I don't know if it was just me or the PGs on my team but in 11/12 whenever I did PNRs, I would be wide open going to the hoop and no one would pass it to me.

So far, in the rookie showcase Lillard got probably 5 assists just off of pnr's to me or the AI setting a pick for him. same with Kyrie in real games

and they're also taking open jump shots. in 2K11/12 the AI would just let the clock run out before they tried to shoot. at least thats how it was for me

I still can't stand how many extra steps the players take after I stop moving the joystick.

It's like I'm not even controlling the player at a point, they just keep going and going..its like Lemme do my own damn thing lol.

Any way to take this fuckery off

also no way of taking off auto save is stupy

super_ultra

Neo Member
I think it may be the 16th for PC DVD physical release as well. Amazon states "Usually ships within 11 to 12 days." If gamestop did have it for sale it seems like a short supply.

Last night I checked on Amazon and it said they had nine copies left. One of the Gamestops told me the only ones they had left were already pre-ordered. I should have just gotten it from Amazon but I assumed I would be able to walk into a store and get it today. Oh well.

Smokey

You can save association mode.....it asks you to right away.

and there is a save option in the menus.

soooooo

Have you been able to save your progress? I was reading that it gives some kind of error and when you go back in the results aren't saved.

FMT ill let you know in a bit

abuC

The PC version is basically bare bones, there's really no new features outside of the shoe editor, stuff like MyTeam, 3on3 blacktop etc are nowhere to be found.

Fairly meh on the new control scheme but I'm used to it now.

A.I help defense reminds me of pre-patch 2k11 right now. Skipped 2k12 last year and manual defense seems much harder this year, especially in games with latency.

Haven't played nearly enough to make any determinations about the quality of the game yet but other than the control scheme the gameplay feels almost exactly the same as 2k11. Signature skills are completely behind the scenes and almost make me wonder if its actually a thing.

We'll see..

Smokey

A.I help defense reminds me of pre-patch 2k11 right now. Skipped 2k12 last year and manual defense seems much harder this year, especially in games with latency.

Haven't played nearly enough to make any determinations about the quality of the game yet but other than the control scheme the gameplay feels almost exactly the same as 2k11. Signature skills are completely behind the scenes and almost make me wonder if its actually a thing.

We'll see..

Pre or post patch 2k11?

Cuz pre patch 2k11 was one of the best sports games ever

Have you been able to save your progress? I was reading that it gives some kind of error and when you go back in the results aren't saved.

FMT ill let you know in a bit

I simmed a half a season went in and out and everything was saved. Don't know if it fucks up if you actually play games but everything seems fine.

In the menu is does say 0-0 despite this but once you are in everything seems cool.

I did say no to saving prior to starting and it said that I would be in an offline association. Perhaps saving from the start turns it into an online association for some reason.

who knows. It wouldn't be a 2k without something being broken.

edit: other association stuff.

Trades seem better for now. No random blockbusters for no reason. Stats are pretty good too.

I'm gonna wait for the first roster update..before diving in for real. 3's seem easier this year.

also the flop button is the best thing ever. Just spam it during an inbounds and watch the magic happen.

ecnal

We'll see..

this was kind of my initial thinking when i heard about them...

i'm pretty sure all of these sig skills were already accounted for through a number of factors: hot zones, tendencies, and attributes.

like, does a corner 3 shooter sig skill really mean anything for battier? he has had the same hot zones, and tendencies for like 2+ years.

i was always under the impression that if you used a player to his tendencies, you were always given a sort of benefit on the dice roll... it just seems like they're actually displaying these bonuses to you now, but they haven't really changed anything...

DominoKid

We'll see..

pull up the Sig Skills HUD and you can see when they fire off

So far this is pretty damn fun.

It's pretty easy to get in the paint with guys like Rose but at least I couldn't cheese with dudes like Hinrich. You can't take possessions off on defense or else you will get murdered. CPU loves to score in the paint and will try to at all costs which could be a problem for those looking for all sim all de time which means every game must be just like real life. FG% are a bit high, PIP too. The offensive rebounding gripes are a bit overexagerated as you will get killed but it's your fault..gotta get in position much more but there are a lot of of ORebs. I'm sure with a few slider fixes a good balance will be found.

But I play games to have fun and so far it's pretty fun.

R3TRODYCE

They (Amazon)shipped my physical copy on Sunday, arrives tomorrow.

Does the Amazon version activate on Steam?

It does not say "requires steam to activate" so i'm gonna guess no as i've never seen a game on amazon that activated on steam that didn't say that...

Also, the game isn't on steam. So it would be awfully weird if it did.

Kevin Love looks like an anime character

I fucking lol'd. :)

I have to say, for someone who skipped last year, this game feels really same-y to me. Only played a couple games (12 min q), and hate making negative posts, but that's my honest impression right now; it's like I've already played the shit out of this game.

It's all good though.

Top Bottom