• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K13 |OT| Because Live is Dead

I fucking lol'd. :)

I have to say, for someone who skipped last year, this game feels really same-y to me. Only played a couple games (12 min q), and hate making negative posts, but that's my honest impression right now; it's like I've already played the shit out of this game.

It's all good though.

Well 2K12 was broken as shit out of the box, so as long as 2K13 doesn't have that going for it then there's some progress for VC.

Well 2K12 was broken as shit out of the box, so as long as 2K13 doesn't have that going for it then there's some progress for VC.

Yeah you know now that you mention it, I suppose it feeling the same as I remember means it's playing out of the box the way I had 2K11 playing after slider adjustments, roster edits, tons of games, etc. So, no shit, props to VC there for sure.

I fucking lol'd. :)

I have to say, for someone who skipped last year, this game feels really same-y to me. Only played a couple games (12 min q), and hate making negative posts, but that's my honest impression right now; it's like I've already played the shit out of this game.

It's all good though.

It is.

I'm not gonna act like it's some revolutionary shit but it's fun and updated rosters and being able to actually drive to the rim is fine by me.

I put in insane hours into 2K each year and that justifies it's purchase every year too.

But lets be honest....Sports games only really innovates like once a gen. Everything else is extra padding and stuff.

That's ok with me...but I also get why people trash sports games for being the same each year....as they are.

Ironically it's why I stop buying football games, I love basketball enough to be a whore for 2k. 2k11 was the best tho. 13>12 so far. but not by much.

Smokey

some epic rockets/wizards shameball just took place with me and dark faze in a best of 3 series

gonna have to practice shooting i am garbo right now

if anybody wants to play gt = dboythagr8

Omega

Banned
there are some things that annoy me.

they couldn't get Kareem or Webber, which is fine, but they didn't even try to replace them?

I'm not sure which 2K it was (I don't think it was recent) but if they didn't have the rights to add someone, they just created some generic player that would have had the same stats and everything.

don't see why they add a Webber-less Kings team but don't add the 01 Lakers.

Smokey

Been messing around in practice gym on jumpshots....my timing was completely off. In 2k12 you had to release it early, but here its more in sync with the height of the jumpshot. Might even be better to hold the stick down longer when in doubt before releasing.

And I can't use the x button to shoot. In that series against DF I couldn't hit anything with the X button. Shot stick is a lot easier to do what you want and I'll def be using that once I get timings down.

Fjordson

some epic rockets/wizards shameball just took place with me and dark faze in a best of 3 series

gonna have to practice shooting i am garbo right now

if anybody wants to play gt = dboythagr8
lmfao. Man, I hate having to wait until tomorrow to play this.

I might jump online with y'all, but I'm a little hesitant. As someone who sticks almost exclusively to My Player I have a feeling I'll get embarrassed.

lmfao. Man, I hate having to wait until tomorrow to play this.

I might jump online with y'all, but I'm a little hesitant. As someone who sticks almost exclusively to My Player I have a feeling I'll get embarrassed.
MyPlayer is that crack lol..I almost never play online.

And I can't use the x button to shoot. In that series against DF I couldn't hit anything with the X button. Shot stick is a lot easier to do what you want and I'll def be using that once I get timings down.

Ugh...the new shot stick is just...good luck.

Been messing around in practice gym on jumpshots....my timing was completely off. In 2k12 you had to release it early, but here its more in sync with the height of the jumpshot. Might even be better to hold the stick down longer when in doubt before releasing.

switch the stick option around. Hold l2 for dribble moves and shit.

Makes it a ton easier for those who got use to the shot stick. I can't shoot for shit with square/X.

Have any journalist types asked 2K for an official story on the PC release? Maybe I could put in a request for a statement as Smapty from The NeoGaf.

Smokey

Ugh...the new shot stick is just...good luck.

i just played against a dude from OS on simulation settings 8 min quarters. got out of the practice gym and first time using the stick and it was MUCH better than our game. X button is trash

switch the stick option around. Hold l2 for dribble moves and shit.

Makes it a ton easier for those who got use to the shot stick. I can't shoot for shit with square/X.

I'll try this

MattDoza

Did you guys use the shot stick even for jumpers and normal shots, in 2K12? I always used X and the shot stick when driving.

Werhil

Anyone know if the PC online has some kind of lobby or a way to play with a specific person? I know 2k11 had it, but 2k12 did not for some reason.

Omega

Banned
Did you guys use the shot stick even for jumpers and normal shots, in 2K12? I always used X and the shot stick when driving.

i've always used the shot stick.

X to shoot never felt right, still doesn't. it's taking some time to get used to these new controls, there's times I'll be on a fast break and go for a dunk like it's a different 2k, and then my guy just does a crossup and runs out of bounds..

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Was playing my bro online (360 version) and starting from the 3rd quarter on the shot clock and score vanished from the screen and never came back ._________________. We had to pause off and on to see stuff <3 you 2k. Fucked up glitch.

pilonv1

I figured it would happen but not for a week or two. From what I'm reading the Gold players all have the same salary (100 VC), so even your bottom of the barrel Gold players like Elton Brand are paid the same as LeBron.

Fix that shit yo

Misterhbk

i've always used the shot stick.

X to shoot never felt right, still doesn't. it's taking some time to get used to these new controls, there's times I'll be on a fast break and go for a dunk like it's a different 2k, and then my guy just does a crossup and runs out of bounds..

That happened to me a few times in the demo but I've sense gotten used to it. Everything is so much better control wise in 2K13.

I'll also say I'm loving the rookie class so much more this year.
Austin Rivers is a beast.

parasight

Ran into one of those superteams and just quit right at the beginning of the game. Not worth wasting my time with a lopsided match. Almost beat a team that was a regular Bronze squad + LeBron. Had to abuse the easy difficulty though by raining 3s. I'm up to 7th Spot so hopefully the difficulty cranks up and there's less cheese.

benjipwns

Banned
VOmZr.jpg
smh

Smokey

YOLO

I just had my first victory over a Laker user. He ran a 1-3-1 too with Howard just sitting in the back. So I choose the Heat and won by 10. Tearful XBL messages followed.

So NBA 2k has gone the way of Madden with spending real money to buy virtual currency and thus stack the shit out of your teams online? Fuck...

Top Bottom