• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K13 |OT| Because Live is Dead

mbmonk

Rocket's GM Daryl Morey:

"We bet it all on Dwight.
The Lakers took the best of us and tore him down.
People will lose hope."

Enter Jeremy Lin:
"But the Lakers cannot win. Houston needs its true hero."

^^^ If Shakespeare wrote a play about the Rocket's Offseason.

I am imagining Daryl Morey standing on stage speaking out to the audience, and then I imagine Jeremy Lin literally coming on to the stage and saying that line.

Bravo Wascally! Bravo! :p

^^^ If Shakespeare wrote a play about the Rocket's Offseason.

I am imagining Daryl Morey standing on stage speaking out to the audience, and then I imagine Jeremy Lin literally coming on to the stage and saying that line.

Bravo Wascally! Bravo! :p

Shamelessly stolen from the TDK wikiquote page :p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Probably. They'll probably fix it in a patch along with the usual 2kisms. Of course that patch will probably break something else.

2k life!

It's so fucked up. I was lit up by Durant for 50 points and the rest of this random guys team scored like 20 ._____. I mean I was playing Durant tight, double teaming him, some times manually triple teaming him and this random player obviously had Durant's shot down cold, cause he was just launching 3's over my head that I couldn't reach.... I even at one point put a center on him lol Seriously Durant had the fire icon the whole game even when he missed a couple of times. It was honestly the worst 2k online experience game play wise that I have had and that's saying a lot. Cause I have had hundreds of shitty games.

Durant is amazing, but this guy hit like 90% of his threes... it was absurd. I don't even recall how many he launched and made, but basically in online quick match you get guys who just launch 3's all game with superstars and the guys who just pick a stacked team and dunk all game.

At least it was lag free whoooooo

bleh

Fjordson

This is probably an overreaction since I just started MyCareer and so my player is still kinda shitty, but the game seems really stingy with VC points. And since those are now the currency for pretty much everything and can be bought with real money...seems obvious what 2K wants to do. I mean I can't even wear sleeves or knee pads or whatever with my team colors unless I spend 3,000 VC. Seems pretty lame when the rate of earning them is so damn low. I just had 8 points and 9 assists in my second game with no turnovers and got like 60 VC.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
This is probably an overreaction since I just started MyCareer and so my player is still kinda shitty, but the game seems really stingy with VC points. And since those are now the currency for pretty much everything and can be bought with real money...seems obvious what 2K wants to do. I mean I can't even wear sleeves or knee pads or whatever with my team colors unless I spend 3,000 VC. Seems pretty lame when the rate of earning them is so damn low. I just had 8 points and 9 assists in my second game with no turnovers and got like 60 VC.

play online. you get more points per game. At least for team up. And you get coins if you get disconnected too so join a game, pull the plug, repeat.

benjipwns

Banned
10th pick is best pick (I was pumped that Detroit and Phoenix passed me by).

I was excited that Horse Rogers got picked over Austin Rivers, but I realized once we got in a game that somehow the Hornets were able to snag Anthony Davis at 1, Horse at 10 and still had Austin Rivers on the roster.

I guess I didn't notice that when I was going in the 20s last year, but seems odd that they wouldn't leave the original player in the pool for the next team. Also that means there is zero risk to a team for drafting me and I might as well go first.
It didn't do that last year or the year before. (At least I don't think it did, I'll have to check.) You would sometimes even see earlier picks get shuffled around a bit.

It's a bug where teams are double drafting at whatever pick you're at.

MattDoza

play online. you get more points per game. At least for team up. And you get coins if you get disconnected too so join a game, pull the plug, repeat.

And this is even more to his point. It's stupid. If I want to do something with My Player, I shouldn't have to go play something else.

Babalu.

just got the game.

why the fuck would you take out autosave. fuck those coins. they really got rid of autosave. WTF

why the fuck would you include kanye west mercy and edit it so hard that its not even 1/4 of the original song. So many edits and shuffles and cuts. my god wtf.

thats all so far after about an hour playing.

I haven't really had fun with a 2K game since 2K9 but I'm loving this so far. The dribble moves on the right stick makes it play so much better. I've also noticed people don't know how to post-up, I do work with Dwight in the paint but I don't see anyone else do that much.

Fjordson

That sucks, though =[

I mean I'm not against playing online. I played a team up last night and it was actually pretty fun, but I don't like feeling like I have to grind that just to improve my player for the single-player.

It's not the end of the world and I'm sure it'll get better once my player gets better, but it feels like they're nudging you towards either a bunch of grinding online or buying VC with real money.

Crazyorloco

That does not sound fun. And i think it ruins it for people that want to play a game.

i don't like the new VC model. It just tempts people to break down and pay with their real cash. It brings down enjoyment a little for me in this otherwise great game.

This has probably been talked about a ton in this thread already but I've been running into a glitch where I can't shoot the ball and it's driving me crazy.

Omega

Banned

you get 300 just for playing online

maybe more if it's ranked, but I played my friend and i still got 300.

I wasn't going to start myplayer until later, all I did was get drafted and I was going to go back to it later.

I already have like 19k points and the game has been out a couple of days.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'll be on offense and no matter how many times I press the X button the guy wont shoot. It's happened about once a game so far.

Ive had that happen a few times lol I thought it was my controller so I never brought it up... plus I basically use the shotstick now and the L button.

Two awful bugs in the game so far.

Fjordson

On the plus side this is the first time in a long time that online has worked in an NBA 2K game.
That's true. I've played a few of those team match games and it was totally smooth. Actually never even tried that mode previously, but it's really fun. Somehow had people working as a team and not just trying to score 50 for themselves.

Last one I played was on the Nets and I was Gerald Wallace. Scored 14 and grabbed like 12 boards.

you get 300 just for playing online

maybe more if it's ranked, but I played my friend and i still got 300.

I wasn't going to start myplayer until later, all I did was get drafted and I was going to go back to it later.

I already have like 19k points and the game has been out a couple of days.
WTF..How?

demolitio

Man, for being rookie of the year and all, I expected Irving to be just a tad higher overall ratings wise, but I do have some bias obviously. Maybe I'm used to Madden as well where there are higher ratings for most good players, but it's just a shame since he shocked a lot of people last year. A few years from now when he has all the help he needs, they'll be a strong team again according to my optimistic side.

demolitio

He'll get the rating we know he deserves when he's traded to the Heat in 2014 :(

Thanks for that thought in my head now...lol. I just got done watching a show on the NFL Network about the 1995 Browns so I'm all pissed off again. :p

I just figured he deserves a little more for playing that well and winning the award on one of the worst teams in the league.

Fjordson

Thanks for that thought in my head now...lol. I just got done watching a show on the NFL Network about the 1995 Browns so I'm all pissed off again. :p

I just figured he deserves a little more for playing that well and winning the award on one of the worst teams in the league.
I was going through a few team rosters and noticed Kyrie was super low also. I think he's like...81 or something? Definitely low I think.

Kevin Love at only 89 also seems low.

Yeah I watched that the other day!

Do Ty Lawson and Iggy have "clutch" defensive skills that trigger? I lost to my brother yesterday who literally stole the ball on three straight possessions where I thought I had great ball security in the last minute of the game. Also ran into the scoreboard glitch for the first time.

Still getting used to shot releases in this game...seems a lot less forgiving than any of the others and most lean on the later release side than earlier. My offense is starting to open up...almost time to put in dat work.

Going to go through playbooks for the first time tonight...default ones all seem to be trash. "Use this screen" shit where guys aren't even in a position to set a decent pick...all while using 90% of the shotclock.

Played the demo on 360 agan yesterday. I want the PC version badly now but I'm waiting for it to show up on Steam or greenmangaming to save some cash. Here's hoping its soon!

Ensoul

Some good impressions. I should have play the game today. Have to say I am disappointed about the my player and how VC seems to want cash to build your guy up. I am not a big fan of the online aspect. In my experience you play someone head to head you have to play the best team or you find someone who expliots the game and just shoots three's with Durant. For whatever reason for as far back as I can remember playing 2k online consists of absurd shooting percentages. I enjoy the team up at times but overall people either quit or simply care about how many points they can score.

Looking forward to checking out the game today though.

Smokey

Alright so I've gone back and have a preliminary list of those who would like to be in GAF 360 league:

Smokey*
Dark Faze*
L1quidSwords
Clint Beastwood
Ferny*
Ecnal*
Nightz*
Amory
Anachronous_one*
triggaz
Red Blaster
lol

*vets that have played in GAF leagues in years past. They will get first dibs on teams.

Here is a link to our last league

To get an idea of how they leagues are ran check out the rules in the OP. We didn't do one for 2k12 because OA was jacked up. Some of those rules could be modified but that's the general outline. If I missed somebody or others are interested post and I will add. If you don't think you'd want to play through a season and would drop etc, please don't sign up!

charsace

Alright so I've gone back and have a preliminary list of those who would like to be in GAF 360 league:

Smokey*
Dark Faze*
L1quidSwords
Clint Beastwood
Ferny*
Ecnal*
Nightz*
Amory
Anachronous_one*
triggaz
mbmonk
Red Blaster
lol

*vets that have played in GAF leagues in years past. They will get first dibs on teams.

Here is a link to our last league

To get an idea of how they leagues are ran check out the rules in the OP. We didn't do one for 2k12 because OA was jacked up. Some of those rules could be modified but that's the general outline. If I missed somebody or others are interested post and I will add. If you don't think you'd want to play through a season and would drop etc, please don't sign up!
Remember when pheeniknicks said I didn't play in any of the 2k11 leagues? That fuck should have known better. I straight up smashed him up with DWill that year.

Smokey

pheeniks got slapped around so much in the leagues his memory was probably pretty shakey.

also didn't you snap the 2k11 disc? or was the 2k10 lol

charsace

pheeniks got slapped around so much in the leagues his memory was probably pretty shakey.

also didn't you snap the 2k11 disc? or was the 2k10 lol

There were like 2 years where 2k got $100+ out of me and I had to buy another 360 controller.

In 2k10 or 9 we had a huge league one time. Those were the days.

Top Bottom