• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

DWinn7

Sooooooo.....I'm at work and the initial impressions are that there's almost no improvement from last year?

PLEASE tell me the menu's are better. 2K14 Next Gen had the worst menu system of ALL TIME....ALL TIME *Kanye Voice

v1ncelis

Sooooooo.....I'm at work and the initial impressions are that there's almost no improvement from last year?

PLEASE tell me the menu's are better. 2K14 Next Gen had the worst menu system of ALL TIME....ALL TIME *Kanye Voice
Menu's were horrible since 2k1.

Whoever makes the 2k doesn't derseve a job, I don't call for people to lose their job but what they do is pathetic year after year

Vestal

The game feels to flow better. Screens are being set better, plays appear to have better movement.

Already seen a bunch of new animations that make it seem more alive. Particularly when striping the ball, it seemed very natural.

Also like that its not as easy to charge past your defender on a whim.

Overall so far its an improvement in gameplay

Hnetuduft

The game feels to flow better. Screens are being set better, plays appear to have better movement.

Already seen a bunch of new animations that make it seem more alive. Particularly when striping the ball, it seemed very natural.

Excellent to hear!

Any impressions on MyCareer? 2K trying to molest me with VC?

DWinn7

Thanks for the impressions. I will probably que this up for download so I can play when I get home. One of my main concerns were the flow of the game and transition between dribbling and pulling up to shoot jumpers. Some guys, like Step Curry, had releases where the pull up could be awkward at times.

Vestal

Excellent to hear!

Any impressions on MyCareer? 2K trying to molest me with VC?

Tried it last night and didn't do much cause the servers were fucked so couldn't spend VC on upgrades. Going to try it again tonight.

In regards to shot releases they added the option for quick, normal and delayed shot release timing within any shooting animation. What that means is that you could setup a Jordan shooting animation for your my player and set the shot sweet spot earlier in the animation or later. It's an interesting mechanic I need to fool around with.

anddo0

Oh crap, was so hyped for this game. Should I have spent my money on Dragon Age instead?

I think I dodged the bullet by not purchasing it myself.

According to IGN's review in progress video. The gameplay remains almost identical to 2K14. It seems they focused on improving the modes rather than gameplay.

In my opinion, this is a game for people who like Mycareer and created player stuff.
It's more or less a roster update with improved game modes.

If you owned 2K14 on PS4/X1, there's not much to see here. I'm spending my money elsewhere.

And some of you wonder why so many gamers keep saying competition is a good thing.

2K are on the old EA train of minimum effort, maximum profit right now.

Imagine how minor the changes would be if EA weren't trying to fix their franchise...

Why is it so fucking hard to get on the knicks?

It's like 2k purposely try's to keep your form getting on the knicks, lakers, okc, Spurs, pretty much all the top tier popular teams.

So I clicked on that link someone posted earlier, because I'm also being taken straight to Heat-Spurs constantly and my game says "53 GB" in options

And that link shows a picture of the 937 MB update which I already did

What the hell

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Dreamcast servers are still alive and kicking. I just played 2 online "quick matches" and they were both completely unplayable and timed out in the 2nd q. Also appears ranked matches are gone. This is on Steam btw.

It's like 2k purposely try's to keep your form getting on the knicks, lakers, okc, Spurs, pretty much all the top tier popular teams.

Knicks, top tier team.
D56pl93.gif

theWB27

Tried it last night and didn't do much cause the servers were fucked so couldn't spend VC on upgrades. Going to try it again tonight.

In regards to shot releases they added the option for quick, normal and delayed shot release timing within any shooting animation. What that means is that you could setup a Jordan shooting animation for your my player and set the shot sweet spot earlier in the animation or later. It's an interesting mechanic I need to fool around with.

Eh...timing was in last year too least on now gen

Mik317

Sports Games threads are always a trip.

The gameplay wasn't even the problem last year. They fixed the association mode, took out some exploits, added in base features from last gen.

dudes expecting major graphical upgrades and such are silly. This engine will be used and tweaked over the course of 3-4 years.

Not every year is going to be some major insane upgrade ala 2k11. If you need that...I suggest skipping every other year.

That is how Sports Games work.

k4n3

Banned
Dreamcast servers are still alive and kicking. I just played 2 online "quick matches" and they were both completely unplayable and timed out in the 2nd q. Also appears ranked matches are gone. This is on Steam btw.

Knicks, top tier team.
D56pl93.gif

in nba2k13 the season the knicks won 54 games they were the #1 ranked team in the game but now... i agree

Xclash

can't grow facial hair

I kept getting the same teams when I was remaking my shooting guard so maybe it has to do with position.

I kept getting the same teams when I was remaking my shooting guard so maybe it has to do with position.
Nope, I've pretty much gone through all the positions and it's always the same. ive just got to do pf and I'll have done every position, I'm doing it right now.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Nope, I've pretty much gone through all the positions and it's always the same. ive just got to do pf and I'll have done every position, I'm doing it right now.

That really sucks. I will try to finish the first year of My Career quickly to see if that is how you will be able to pick your team.

just finished the pf and it's the same exact teams lol. Good job 2k, in the trailer they show the rockets and okc mentors with the player character but they're not an option. So trades are the way to go once again, and even that isn't a definite.

Guess I'll try the hornets and try to get better at the game in hopes of a trade.

theWB27

just finished the pf and it's the same exact teams lol. Good job 2k, in the trailer they show the rockets and okc mentors with the player character but they're not an option. So trades are the way to go once again, and even that isn't a definite.

Guess I'll try the hornets and try to get better at the game in hopes of a trade.

The true measure is if you're able to get on the team you want after your first year or when you sign your first decent contract. If they still restrict you then...then ha.

And people are having trouble with the face scan. Is this for both the Kinect and PSeye?

tookhster

Still deciding on whether or not I want this, but I'm not liking how identical it is gameplay-wise with last year. I always considered 2K14 on PS4/XONE as a beta, because it was all visuals and lacked all the game modes that made 2K fun for a lot of people (like creating custom players on customs teams, just doing the playoffs, etc.). Even the menu looked like it was done by someone in 5 minutes.

If this is just the same game with more modes, I don't think it's worth $60. But on the other hand, a lot of the presentation stuff like Ernie and Shaq and 2K TV seem interesting. If there are enough little touches like that, I might buy in just because I love the NBA so much. But man, I hate the corny ass MyCareer "story." It's so dumb how they spend so much time on that with the voice acting and everything but not on improving the actual mode itself. And the guy you play as is always a dick, unlike previous years where you could choose anything you said.

Jonm1010

Banned
Anyone have the PC version?

I'm curious whether my i7 660 x51 will be able to at this at 1080p 60fps.

I really want to get the PC version because of mods but I won't sacrifice IQ and FPS for it.

holy shit this song is awful.

its like a 80's song with boops and beeps with little to no lyrics 0_O
why no custom soundtracks

i think its robin thicke, L

cripterion

That's a pretty good result. Dunno if it's accurate, but it's far better than the monstrosities we've all seen and laughed over.

Yeah I would say it's not bad, I'm still trying to get more scan points and always end up with the same results though.

Anyone have the PC version?

I'm curious whether my i7 660 x51 will be able to at this at 1080p 60fps.

I really want to get the PC version because of mods but I won't sacrifice IQ and FPS for it.

Apparently file structure is different so will take a while to get mods going...
PC versions is neat though. Game is so smooth and it's quite jarring going from pc to Xbox One, I suspect the replays and other camera cuts are in the 30fps range (kinda like FIFA does) cause it feels so slow compared to what I'm getting on pc.

Just picked up my copy from GameStop. Clerk tried to sell me Minecraft, the store credit card, and (jokingly) NBA Live. Pissed I can't play until tomorrow night. Don't go to grad school kids.

Top Bottom