• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

gazele

Banned
5,687 reference points on my face scan. I will say it looks a lot more like me than I thought it would.

Honestly if it wasn't for the face scan thing I wouldn't have bought the game, it's something that I've always wanted esrpcially last year when you couldn't even modify the guys face in my career

Into

That really sucks. I will try to finish the first year of My Career quickly to see if that is how you will be able to pick your team.

When you do, can you please post what happens and how much of a choice you really have after the first season?

I can handle playing half a season + maybe playoffs with a team i dont really like if i really get to choose where to go. Apparently
its scripted for Doc Rivers to join you
, so i am wondering how this plays out. (the spoilered stuff is what happens in mycareer, read at your own risk)

U2NUMB

So simple question for those of you that have it.. I have it pre ordered but I will not pick it up unless the game has this which last years next gen versions did not.

Can I create a couple players... add them to any team I want and control that team? Since I was a kid I created myself and brother in the game and we dominate the league for years. Last year I could never find that option..

So .. anyone have this idea?

ViciousDS

Banned
So simple question for those of you that have it.. I have it pre ordered but I will not pick it up unless the game has this which last years next gen versions did not.

Can I create a couple players... add them to any team I want and control that team? Since I was a kid I created myself and brother in the game and we dominate the league for years. Last year I could never find that option..

So .. anyone have this idea?

I'm pretty sure create a player is back this year. Which means custom rosters will be great this time around.

ViciousDS

Banned
Also anyone able to change the AA quality? It's greyed out for me.

I'm using X8 of what I'm guessing is MSAA?

Kinect

I'm seriously wondering if they just tacked on optimization for the Kinect lighting and sensors. Because all the videos I have ever seen of facial scan uses the playstation camera......could be marketing but, it was the ones all the reviewers and previewers used.

I'm not sure if I'm going to pick up my Gamestop pre-order or not. Does anyone else find it odd that there are barely any reviews out for this?

cripterion

I'm seriously wondering if they just tacked on optimization for the Kinect lighting and sensors. Because all the videos I have ever seen of facial scan uses the playstation camera......could be marketing but, it was the ones all the reviewers and previewers used.

Hmmm yeah, I guess when more people get their hands on the game they'll let us know their results. Some of them burned mugs though, lol.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'll post some of my character in a bit. It took so damn long for 2K to install and update that I now have to run out and do some things.
Visual representation of my steam download at the moment.
Rsm1I5X.gif

Left it on overnight and it's at 24gb :/

mr stroke

Dreamcast servers are still alive and kicking. I just played 2 online "quick matches" and they were both completely unplayable and timed out in the 2nd q. Also appears ranked matches are gone. This is on Steam btw.]

Great job 2k

I can't fathom how this(and the shit UI and Menus system) continues to happen every year.

Is 2k just lazy or incompetent?

I gotta say im liking the game from the few hours i played last night. Probably the best first impression ive had from any 2K game. I'm sure in the coming months players will find a way to cheese like before but right off the bat the gameplay feels noticeably better in just about every way.

Also i feel this is the first time the menus dont feel and look like ass.

I bought NBA 2K14 on PS4 last year due to the PC game being the last gen version. This year I bought it for Steam and I don't know how I feel about the graphics. I have everything maxed out and its all locked at 60fps but I feel the models don't look as good as the PS4.

Revas

Can someone please answer this question for me, it's going to decide if I buy 2K15 tonight or not. Can users adjust individual player assignments or does the game utilize 2K14's (AWFUL) "points of emphasis" system?

Jonm1010

Banned
Yeah I would say it's not bad, I'm still trying to get more scan points and always end up with the same results though.

Apparently file structure is different so will take a while to get mods going...
PC versions is neat though. Game is so smooth and it's quite jarring going from pc to Xbox One, I suspect the replays and other camera cuts are in the 30fps range (kinda like FIFA does) cause it feels so slow compared to what I'm getting on pc.

What is your rig? I'm just trying to get a feel of I will get optimal performance on pc or consoles.

Also I though ps4 and xbone was 1080p 60?

Jonm1010

Banned
Can someone please answer this question for me, it's going to decide if I buy 2K15 tonight or not. Can users adjust individual player assignments or does the game utilize 2K14's (AWFUL) "points of emphasis" system?
I haven't played it but I am 95% sure I saw something like that during a stream I was watching yesterday.

Cheddahz

Banned
Holy shit, it looks like the last gen version is the exact same as 2K14 (there aren't even any updated rosters out of the box). Anyways though, from what I've heard of impressions of 2K15 so far, I think I'm going to save my money this year (hell, might just go with Live 15, just to have something different)

cripterion

What is your rig? I'm just trying to get a feel of I will get optimal performance on pc or consoles.

Also I though ps4 and xbone was 1080p 60?

i7 4970K, 16GB ram and GTX 970 SLI. Game ran fine on one card too, locked at 59.9fps (cause of my stupid Samsung tv lol)

The consoles versions are 1080P/60FPS but I'm pretty sure they get framerate dips when you have instant replays and all. Was the case for NBA2K14.

I played both games back to back today and pc feels definitely smoother all around + you get great IQ if you have the rig to support it.

Dranakin

In my opinion, this is a game for people who like Mycareer and created player stuff.
It's more or less a roster update with improved game modes.

If you owned 2K14 on PS4/X1, there's not much to see here. I'm spending my money elsewhere.

Hmmmmm...I never touched the create a player mode. I spent hours on MyGM or whatever the franchise mode is called. I just figured with the VC system moving out, it'll be a worthwhile upgrade from last year. About to pick it up from Best Buy; I'll give it a shot.

cripterion

So is the PC version identical to PS4/XBONE this year? Trying to determine which verison to get.

Yes minus the face scan it's the same.

I'm checking out the config file, gonna test some different values, here is what I got by default

WIDTH = 1920
HEIGHT = 1080
REFRESHRATE = 59.94006
BUFFERCOUNT = 3
VSYNC = 0
LETTERBOX = 0
CURSOR_IDLE_TIME = 5
WINDOWMODE = 0
WINDOW_X = -2147483648
WINDOW_Y = -2147483648
MSAA = 8
MSAAQUALITY = 0
SUPERSAMPLE = 1
MONITOR = 0
MAXANISOTROPY = 16
TEXTURELOD = 0
PLAYERLOD = 0
CROWDLOD = 0
EFFECTLOD = 0
SHADERLOD = 0
JIT_SHADER_CREATE = 0
ADAPTER = 0
ADAPTER_DESCRIPTION = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
ADAPTER_DEDICATED_VIDEO_MEMORY = 4,159,102,976
ADAPTER_SHARED_SYSTEM_MEMORY = 8,559,147,008
ADAPTER_VENDOR_ID = 0x000010de
ADAPTER_DEVICE_ID = 0x000013c2
ADAPTER_SUBSYSTEM_ID = 0x85081043
ADAPTER_REVISION = 0x000000a1

Justified

Hmmmmm...I never touched the create a player mode. I spent hours on MyGM or whatever the franchise mode is called. I just figured with the VC system moving out, it'll be a worthwhile upgrade from last year. About to pick it up from Best Buy; I'll give it a shot.

Well in that case its for you also

Jonm1010

Banned
i7 4970K, 16GB ram and GTX 970 SLI. Game ran fine on one card too, locked at 59.9fps (cause of my stupid Samsung tv lol)

The consoles versions are 1080P/60FPS but I'm pretty sure they get framerate dips when you have instant replays and all. Was the case for NBA2K14.

I played both games back to back today and pc feels definitely smoother all around + you get great IQ if you have the rig to support it.
Hmm thanks. That rigs is impressive and way better then what I'm working with haha. I guess Ill keep my ear to the ground for some benchmarks or impressions from some people with a rig closer to mine.

v1ncelis

Guys I need help! So I'm currently in Ireland but I bought 2K15 from US PSN store solely for a reason to start playing it from tuesday. Problem that I can't access it and countdown timer shows 2 days left (ireland/uk release) until it's playable. Is there is anything I can do?
So deleting game file helped. Now to wait again for 47GB download is another thing. PSN is super slow :/

This years soundtrack is all over the place. Santigold's Creator was already in 2k9 and Public Enemies' Shut Em Down was in Madden 12. Pharrell put 3 of his own songs in and had to put in Gwen Stefani in for that Voice promotion.

Dug

Banned
This years soundtrack is all over the place. Santigold's Creator was already in 2k9 and Public Enemies' Shut Em Down was in Madden 12. Pharrell put 3 of his own songs in and had to put in Gwen Stefani in for that Voice promotion.
Set It Off is gonna be stuck in my head for a while...

Can anyone tell me if there is CPU vs. CPU in the game?
Especially Dynasty Mode. Also is VC required to change lineups in Dynasty Mode?

Not sure if I understand the question. But I'll answer what I know...and one of the reasons I purchased 2k15 and was happy to delete 2k14.

MyGM (the association mode) now has the option for users to select multiple teams during creation of an association. I'll have to test whether or not this allows CPU vs CPU games, but I'm going to guess that the answer is yes.

Last years title bugged me to no end because I could run a QUICK game with CPU vs. CPU (watch it like a real game) yet in MYGM I was forced to play all my franchise games unless I did a super sim. I couldn't watch games where I wasn't controlling the on the court action.

Also, the menu system in this years game is OK.

But OK compared to what they put out for next gen 2k14 means the menu system is AMAZEBALLS.

I'm going to put in good time tonight before I watch the Warriors/Clippers so I'll see if the on the court feels different.

Smokey

Dreamcast servers are still alive and kicking. I just played 2 online "quick matches" and they were both completely unplayable and timed out in the 2nd q. Also appears ranked matches are gone. This is on Steam btw.

Knicks, top tier team.
D56pl93.gif

I completed a quick match with no problems. I'm on PS4 though.

Ranked matches have been gone for awhile...

DonDraper

Banned
First the Bleacher Report review, now this LOL!!! Love how you guys are pulling reviews from less credible sources then from actually gaming sites that have people that literally play these games for review. LOL!!!

With the way games journalism is these days, they're pretty much all in the same to me. Can't trust anyone these days.

zeeaykay

First the Bleacher Report review, now this LOL!!! Love how you guys are pulling reviews from less credible sources then from actually gaming sites that have people that literally play these games for review. LOL!!!
Can you point to other published reviews?

For what it's worth I'm really digging the gameplay. My last 2K was 2K11, which I enjoyed, and I'm getting a similar feel from this one. Really impressed with the animations and collision detection. Shooting with the shot meter is also quite satisfying.

Here ya go buddy. Bunch of gamers liking the game.

Posted by TheLetterZ

Early, very basic impressions from playing a couple games. I will have a more thorough article with my impressions in the next 24 hours.

— Czar's work shows. Much less iso play and wasted time on offense. AI teams move the ball around and force your squad to play smart defense. It's refreshing and welcome.

— The pace of the commentary feels weird. Maybe they tuned down the frequency of Kerr's commentary. Not sure yet. It feels like there's more dead air and not as much flow as previous years.

— Furthermore, the jump from player introductions straight to the tip-off feels abrupt. I like the player introductions, and yet I miss the pre-game commentary from the broadcasters. (The true pre-game show with Ernie and Shaq is okay so far.)

— I can't say enough about how impressed I am with the improved offensive and defensive AI. It's wonderful watching teams run pinch post to perfection and seeing the passing out of the pick-and-roll, for example. The weak-side corner three is a thing this year.

— The playcalling on the D-pad is uncomfortable. I don't like it so far. It feels awkward using my left hand to carefully move the analog stick to walk the ball up the floor while trying to manipulate the D-pad (and R1) to call the play I want.

— This game looks beautiful.

Top Bottom