• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

Yea, still has a delay. Trying to rebound was annoying as hell. Defending in general is delayed.

I played 4 games, grabbed a total of 5 defensive user rebounds. Really unresponsive. Ugh. I was playing with the bulls and Noah, was in great position majority of the games. Press triangle and there is a couple second delay. Seems to be worse then years past.

Z_Y

I played 4 games, grabbed a total of 5 defensive user rebounds. Really unresponsive. Ugh. I was playing with the bulls and Noah, was in great position majority of the games. Press triangle and there is a couple second delay. Seems to be worse then years past.

Glad I'm not the only one. My 7'3" created player in 2k14 averages about .4 rebounds per game. It's just pure luck.

How you have a basketball game with 400 black players and dont have a ceasar option as a haircut.

Meanwhile. MEANWHILE, YOU HAVE 400 BLACK PLAYERS IN THE GAME.

v0yce

Lol seriously someone help me out. I feel like an idiot and I'm getting super frustrated.

I start the game. It goes to the KD screen. "Press X To Start".

It then loads. 0%...........100%

Music starts and I can play as the Spurs vs the Heat, no sounds fx.

I can pause that game and I have options to

Quit • Instant Replay • Timeout • Gameplan • Game Stats • Options • Camera • Choose Sides

I choose quit and it sends me back to the KD screen with "Press X To Start."

Rinse and repeat.

That seems like all I can do.

HELP!

I haven't played a 2K game in a few years and this seriously makes me reconsider my purchase. I recall the last game I played (2K11 I think?) being kind of janky and having really terrible menus. I'm having flashbacks and remembering why I haven't bought one since.

ViciousDS

Banned
Lol seriously someone help me out. I feel like an idiot and I'm getting super frustrated.

I start the game. It goes to the KD screen. "Press X To Start".

It then loads. 0%...........100%

Music starts and I can play as the Spurs vs the Heat, no sounds fx.

I can pause that game and I have options to

Quit • Instant Replay • Timeout • Gameplan • Game Stats • Options • Camera • Choose Sides

I choose quit and it sends me back to the KD screen with "Press X To Start."

Rinse and repeat.

That seems like all I can do.

HELP!

I haven't played a 2K game in a few years and this seriously makes me reconsider my purchase. I remember the last game I played (2K11 I think?) being kind of janky and having really terrible menus. I'm having really bad flashbacks of that.

It's installing dude.....you'll know when is done when the disc stops spinning. It takes about 30 minutes.

Also my career is already lost due to the fact i get an error when loading the file. It says the vc history associated with this save file could not be downloaded from the 2k sports server.....are you f****** kidding me

Yeah don't know why so many people on twitter x fb x other forums are having trouble with the spurs /heat game , game needs to install everything , that's what the percent is for.

Heading home now to take L's in the park B^)

SiDCrAzY

It's installing dude.....you'll know when is done when the disc stops spinning. It takes about 30 minutes.

Also my career is already lost due to the fact i get an error when loading the file. It says the vc history associated with this save file could not be downloaded from the 2k sports server.....are you f****** kidding me

I had the same error happen with mine, just closed the game down and came back to it after a couple of hours and now its working.

v0yce

What?

So when I first put the game in, there was a loading bar on the game logo/square on the home screen. That took like 20 seconds or something to load.

Then the game starts up and says that an update has been added to my downloads and I'll need to install for network features or whatever. That takes a couple of minutes to dl. I close the app/game and restart and it installs the update.

I've even read the manual. "Getting Started." No mention of install.

So beyond that, you're saying there is an invisible install going on that will take 30 minutes or so that I can't track or have any indication for? I have to listen for the game disc spinning to know when I can actually play my game?

This is how 2K has thought this out?

Yeah don't know why so many people on twitter x fb x other forums are having trouble with the spurs /heat game , game needs to install everything , that's what the percent is for.

There is no percent. From the KD home screen the game takes about a minute to load to "100%" and then the Spurs/Heat game starts and no more percentage is shown.

I had to try about 5 or 6 times, getting the lighting right, but I finally got a fantastic face scan. I also used some of the sculpting options to really hone it in. It looks just like me, disturbing.

This game is really incredible. Another step forward IMO. Playing this puts other sports games to absolute shame, just on a different level than the other franchises.

ViciousDS

Banned
What?

So when I first put the game in, there was a loading bar on the game logo/square on the home screen. That took like 20 seconds or something to load.

Then the game starts up and says that an update has been added to my downloads and I'll need to install for network features or whatever. That takes a couple of minutes to dl. I close the app/game and restart and it installs the update.

So beyond that, you're saying there is an invisible install going on that will take 30 minutes or so that I can't track or have any indication for? I have to listen for the game disc spinning to know when I can actually play my game?

There is no percent. From the KD home screen the game takes about a minute to load to "100%" and then the Spurs/Heat game starts and no more percentage is shown.

Just exit to the dashboard, once the disk drive stops spinning its done installing. That loading to 100% was just for that miami spurs game to let you do something while it installs the game however there is no progress bar just the way all ps4 games have been when fully installing games is that if the disk drive is spinning it is installing the game when the disc drive stops spinning, it is done because all the games run off the harddrive. so therefore the disc will never spin except the first 10 seconds of when you launch the game

CLBridges

What?

Not sure how it works with physical disk, but when you're on the PS home page, press the options button with 2K selected and it should give an 'information' page on the right. Select information and it should give you the status of download. That's the way I tracked it for my digital order, it could possibly work for physical.

I'm pretty sure the game deleted my save file. I was 5 games in.

Fuck this shit I'm off to play Destiny.

Not really though.

Me too. But I see that I still have my save file for my character so I'm kinda confused. I guess I am just redoing his aesthetics.

The 2k servers are absolute garbage as always. I might trade this in for Live if its any good.

Why does EVERYTHING load so slowly? I can't watch 2kTV and now I can't even play my career...

zychi

Banned
So I take it when the servers are down My Career is completely unplayable. What a fucking joke.

5d1a8b845abd978cca140a1bf71b5524d1e7de442442537481bb22049d2a6d9e.jpg

v0yce

Not sure how it works with physical disk, but when you're on the PS home page, press the options button with 2K selected and it should give an 'information' page on the right. Select information and it should give you the status of download. That's the way I tracked it for my digital order, it could possibly work for physical.

It just shows Size - 52GB. No progress.

I guess that what's confusing people. With the physical disk there is no indication that it's installing and you're left not knowing what's going on. I felt like I just didn't know how to access the menus or something.

Coolade

So...when you can't connect to the servers, the game forces you to make a new avatar every single time?

I spent 30 minutes creating my character only for it to erase it and make me start over the second I was done. SO my advice? Wait a week. 2k servers get slammed they never work day 1, dont try to do anything with VC or my career or my gm just do quick games online and offline until they get everything sorted out. Less of a headache for you in the long run.

leehom

I lost my character-_-
This is why games shouldn't the tied to servers like this...

They're probably wiping everything because I heard there was some kind of auction house glitch where you can get millions of VC. Oh well, at least I didn't play too much to be upset over it. From what I played, it's a improvement over 2k14.

Dug

Banned
z4y9bAf.jpg

I see this when I look at my save files so I'm hoping that my character is still there when the servers come back...

you guys should see all the complaining on the 2k forums... The game is borderline unplayable right now and nothing is saving. People are buying VC and not getting anything. I know it's launch day but c'mon.... This is ridiculous

Dug

Banned
you guys should see all the complaining on the 2k forums... The game is borderline unplayable right now and nothing is saving. People are buying VC and not getting anything. I know it's launch day but c'mon.... This is ridiculous
Hopefully they give out VC codes to make up for it... :D

Coolade

It's the same thing every year. This is why I decided to wait and see if it was worth buying this year. Thanks for confirming I made the right decision.

Eh. If you can get over the typical Visual Concepts 2k Crappiness at launch, the on the court action is AMAZING. I don't regret my purchase despite these problems. Just played a quick match of Cavs vs Heat and it felt really good. If anything wait for a price drop, or wait for the server issues to get sorted out but it is definitely worth a purchase based on gameplay alone.

What?

This experience ensures I will never pre-load a game again, I thought it was a consistent experience between all games, but I got the same shitshow you got.

i reinstalled the game and get it to boot now. But it's weird. When i go to enter my 2k email address it doesn't let me input any different characters, just the same one over and over even if i type on my kb or use the controller, its screwed up for some reason.

the fact that steam says only 2k (no pun intended) people are playing this game at this moment really speaks to me that there are issues all over the place with it, that number seems absurdly low.

ViciousDS

Banned
I cannot believe it my GM as well does not need any VC.......vc so far only thing I've seen that would use it....is to upgrade your level which goes up just by playing the mode. the game really is amazing outside of the server issues

Eh. If you can get over the typical Visual Concepts 2k Crappiness at launch, the on the court action is AMAZING. I don't regret my purchase despite these problems. Just played a quick match of Cavs vs Heat and it felt really good. If anything wait for a price drop, or wait for the server issues to get sorted out but it is definitely worth a purchase based on gameplay alone.

That's what I'll probably do. personally though I think it's BS that this happens every year. It's the only thing that hinders the franchise.

Are the save file issues only with online saves? That screenshot posted above shows options for both online and offline ones. I'm thinking about getting the game soon, but I'm not really interested in the online stuff, so I'm wondering if playing with an offline save file will save me from any issues.

Omega

Banned
Lol. To be fair, my white myplayer speaks in ebonics and the only other speech option makes him speak ebonics in a deeper voice. When he said to the GM of the Pistons "it's in my DNA, yo" I almost cried of laughter and embarrassment.

that's not ebonics

B2g1 deals from target and toysrus should be happening soon.

Last year some disgruntle buyer just wanted it off there hands about two weeks after launch and sold it to me for $20... I waited till I thought the servers were functional before giving it a go. I had it for about a month before getting fed up and selling it for $40

Top Bottom