• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

abuC

I figured out what I don't like about the models, everyone has the same waist/torso. The length of their torso can be slightly different but it looks like everyone is built exactly the same, they really need to add more body types.

Guys that are skinny in real life really don't look like it in the game.

Korezo

How long this thing takes to install game? Played almost 2 full wuick games already and still waiting. Idk why 2k removed the %progress notification.

Guys I think I'm starting to feel 2K fatigue. I'm not feeling MyPlayer at all and online MP is whatever. I'm sure I'll probably be fine with local multiplayer with friends, but I'm feeling some buyer's remorse right now. I know it's a sports game, but damn it feels so similar to 2K14. Even Madden 15 had a bigger leap than this.

I haven't tried the park yet so maybe I'll like that(I did last year when the servers actually work), but I'll have to play some boring Myplayer games to make my character good anyway so eh.

Guys I think I'm starting to feel 2K fatigue. I'm not feeling MyPlayer at all and online MP is whatever. I'm sure I'll probably be fine with local multiplayer with friends, but I'm feeling some buyer's remorse right now. I know it's a sports game, but damn it feels so similar to 2K14. Even Madden 15 had a bigger leap than this.

I haven't tried the park yet so maybe I'll like that(I did last year when the servers actually work), but I'll have to play some boring Myplayer games to make my character good anyway so eh.

Not feeling MyPlayer so far either, but I might have just played too much of it recently that starting with a scrub isn't appealing. Playing a lot of NBA Today so far, which isn't really my style in years past. Working with MyTeam is also fun so far—limited talent and being forced to really play as a team to win reminds me more of playing College Hoops.

Imagining this gameplay in a new College Hoops just gets me depressed. Would be a better game.

cacophony

ok im done with this game until they fix it. got backed out of myplayer, tried to play again, backed out, tried again... backed out

has anyone been able to play the PC version without stuff screwing up? i got a million bugs and nonstop disconnections whenever i try to have fun

also is MYGM mode stupid? all i want to do is play a franchise like in nba 2k5 and lead the cavs to chips. What does my gm mode offer that franchise doesn't? Just stupid dialogue with the owner and frivilous stuff like popcorn prices? is there anything particularly more fun about that mode over a franchise? i'm assuming you can get fired and its not quite endless like franchise is but just asking in case i'm gonna miss out on something interesting. opened up the GM mode for a second and the opening dialogue with your owner is just lol

ViciousDS

Banned
Servers have been stable for the last three hours on ps4 for me. Haven't gotten the can't connect to servers message yet. Also haven't had to recreate my player either

I've been trying to play MYPARK for a while now and I've come to the conclusion that the mode is unplayable. It is so glitchy and laggy that I have yet to see a game being played on even one of the courts and I've searched for multiple parks.

Not feeling MyPlayer so far either, but I might have just played too much of it recently that starting with a scrub isn't appealing. Playing a lot of NBA Today so far, which isn't really my style in years past. Working with MyTeam is also fun so far—limited talent and being forced to really play as a team to win reminds me more of playing College Hoops.

Imagining this gameplay in a new College Hoops just gets me depressed. Would be a better game.

Yeah that might be it for me as well. I'll try out MyTeam though.

AcridMeat

Banned
Correct. I hate it when people act like we need to do more than pay $60. If you can't get your shit together don't put the goddamn features behind an online only format. I shouldn't need to rely on 2K's god awful servers to help my player shoot a better jumpshot. It's fucking absurd that I can't do something basic like buy attribute points without getting an error message. Shit, today I can't even enter the mycareer mode at all. I've always been one of those guys who likes this series offline, so when people complain that the netcode sucks and online is garbage I've never been affected. Now that their shitty online issues have infiltrated the offline aspects I'm pissed.
Right there with you man. MyPlayer has been my mode for about 180 hours the last couple years, the fact it hinges on this online connection now is garbage.
has anyone been able to play the PC version without stuff screwing up? i got a million bugs and nonstop disconnections whenever i try to have fun
I can get myplayer to save it's vc coins or whatever most of the time and I can play that mode, and I started a franchise with a fantasy draft that's decently fun, but I really just want to play more MyTeam and it's completely fucked. Sometimes it will load in but tells me the auction house is down, but then it won't let me save a new line up and disconnects afterwards, other times it just gives me a connection error and dumps back to the main menu, yet is still connected. :/ When I go to the pack page the connection thing loads but no packs show up, the menu is just empty.

Onemic

holy fuck have fun trying to get assists in myplayer if youre a PG

It's impossible. You cant use L1 to make specific plays for players, you can't make players cut or fall back(this feature is actually broken as you cant even do it in regular games even though its on the control scheme). You pretty much have to rely heavily on pick and rolls to get your assists.

Dubz

Just bought this on disc and I can't get past the demo of the Spurs vs Heat. I have the update installed. What do I need to do?

Just bought this on disc and I can't get past the demo of the Spurs vs Heat. I have the update installed. What do I need to do?

Let it sit at "Press X to continue" because it's unpacking in the background and there's no progress meter

Just let it sit there and it took me about 30-40 minutes to unpack

baconcow

What is everyone's impression of this versus NBA 2K15. I've seen better graphics, worse graphics. How about gameplay? I've never owned a basketball game, before, except NBA Jam (Sega Genesis).

Lrrr

What is everyone's impression of this versus NBA 2K15. I've seen better graphics, worse graphics. How about gameplay? I've never owned a basketball game, before, except NBA Jam (Sega Genesis).

I've played three "Quick Match" games vs the CPU and I think the gameplay is vastly improved over previous years. It's going to take playing more games and modes to really see repeated patterns of AI cheating or stupidity, but so far, I'm digging it. I really like the ball physics around the rim and such. It feels like real rebounds as opposed to the ball warping into the hands of the defender. It's not NBA Jam in the least though. It touts itself as being a simulation basketball game, but how successful it comes to doing so is up to debate. ;)

It's too bad last years graphics couldn't be combined with this years gameplay because some dudes look way off. In particular, Hakeem Olajuwon looked like an old man when I played the classic Rockets. Due to the way the lighting hits his face, his mustache and beard appeared grey. I was shocked when I saw Old Man Olajuwon taking a fade-away jumper. I'll post pics in a few.

MattDoza

I just booted up the game and there's no indication of how long the install takes/has left before the game can be played normally. Is that a glitch? And for clarification, I'm not talking about the install that occurs before you can launch the game, I'm talking about the Spurs v. Heat game that is limited to 2K Beats music.

EDIT: Should have read before posting. Ignore my question(s).

Xbox One here, bought it digital tonight and it's almost done downloading. I got in a game of Spurs vs. Heat and can immediately tell an improvement in gameplay over 2K14 on the same console last year. Movement really feels a bit more responsive, too, I feel like I can better get my guy where I want him when I want him.

I've seen lots of comments of it not showing installation progress, I'm having no problem seeing that. It showed it on the title screen until I pressed A, then it also showed in the lower-left during the entire game I played.

As far as the graphics, I think they look as good as last year (yes, I'm aware of my username here, no need to point it out). Of course, I'm not comparing them side-by-side, I don't see the point in that. They either look good or they don't. I can tell a lot of work has been done on the eyes but what's weird is that some players in that Spurs/Heat game really benefit from the eyes and others look like a deer in headlights. There's not much eye movement either, so it's like they're just staring ahead. Odd as it is to say this after typing that last sentence, they do look a little more "alive" this year than last.

I haven't dove into MyPlayer yet, which is really the only thing I play, that will come tomorrow night. Just wanted to post and say that so far, things look good to me, not all the doom and gloom that I've read thus far.

In my player when I was playing last night, I was put onto the Magic since I couldn't choose the Knicks. I score 15+ a game, a couple of steals/game however, my team mates are utterly shit. I barely get playing time too, lol. Currently on my second 10 day contract and a losing streak of 5. :/
I had the same problem but got signed on my second contract. I'm with the Pistons now and the interest of the Knicks is going up, I'm hoping they offer a contract at the end of the season.

Dubz

Feels pretty good, but when are they ever going to fix the ref holding the ball out of bounds forever thing?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So is it normal for there to be no sound effects at all or any commentary during this forced opening game? All I hear is terrible music.

I got the digital version, so obviously things are downloading, but no sound effects at all?

if you could see me, pete, smokey, trying to form a squad and play a park game, you would understand everything that is not acceptable

Dubz

if you could see me, pete, smokey, trying to form a squad and play a park game, you would understand everything that is not acceptable

Yeah 2K online has always been trash in the first month or so. It gets better when people go to other games. But you're right, it's not acceptable in 2014.

Offline franchise players that hated last years MYGM....BUY THIS GAME NOW.

i started a franchise with 10 user controlled teams...."watching" a cpu vs cpu game ...Knicks vs Cavs...Shumpert goes down to an ankle injury in the second quarter...early in the third quarter and the Cavs are winning 64-53.

Damn entertaining ai to watch.

so smokey was never able to join my squad or pistol's squad while we were in the park

went to the jordan rec center and....it appeared everyone tried joining, some could and others couldn't

basically can't see ANY game taking place right now

we're basically in the alpha stage of the game

Am I doing something wrong, how come when shooting a jumper from the near side it's almost always a bank shot? Since when does Kobe take so many bank shots? Am I shooting wrong or what? Like every jumper from the near side of the court is a bank shot.

Smokey

Am I doing something wrong, how come when shooting a jumper from the near side it's almost always a bank shot? Since when does Kobe take so many bank shots? Am I shooting wrong or what? Like every jumper from the near side of the court is a bank shot.

pressing the shot stick towards the basket gets you a bank

Top Bottom