• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

Messi

First game online pick Rockets face Cleveland. Second game... Cleveland. Oh so this is how it's gonna go :/

cacophony

First game online pick Rockets face Cleveland. Second game... Cleveland. Oh so this is how it's gonna go :/

1st game cle, 2nd thunder. Lebron got to the line like every time he drove. KD was crazy with the dunk cheese, driving on the baseline and just gliding to the basketball. dude I played wasnt that good but if someone knew how to use Durant that could get seriously annoying.

the shot timing is way tighter. its kind of annoying how you cant get shot feedback in online games afaik, it makes it harder to learn player's shot timings.

Visual representation of my steam download at the moment.
Rsm1I5X.gif

Left it on overnight and it's at 24gb :/

And this is exactly why the "digital only future" that MS, EA, Activision, et al so desperately want (primarily to eliminate used games) is nothing more than a pipe dream for the foreseeable future. Even for people like myself on relatively fast cable internet access it can take hours or even an entire day to download bigger titles. Unacceptably slow. Disc based gaming isn't going anywhere for a few more years at least until that problem is corrected and the US catches up to Europe and the Asiatic Rim in average 'net speeds for middle class consumers who buy most of the games.

it's not though. the gameplay is much improved. its just a dumbass move to tie everything in the game to their shitty servers

Just for clarification, can you or someone summarize what modes are available offline, what is required online, what requires VC, etc...?

These are questions you would think should be answered by professional reviewers and probably wont be.

what are they even doing with the ps plus subscription money

Padding executives golden parachutes and/or to keep other parts of the company afloat as they sink under a mountain of debt?

It sure as shit isn't being used to improve the PSN store or PS+ experience...

cacophony

Just for clarification, can you or someone summarize what modes are available offline, what is required online, what requires VC, etc...?

These are questions you would think should be answered by professional reviewers and probably wont be.

afaik, myteam requires online. myplayer has online & offline, but you have to have sepearet myplayers (ie one for offline, one for online). quick match doesn't require any online. my gm and myleague i havent tried.

Gameplay wise. This game is great. I don't play online nor MyCareer so I don't care about that stuff. I can save my rosters locally and play MyLeague without having to worry about 2k's dreamcast servers getting in the way, there is CAP (although no headbands...for anyone is weird...must fuck with the models) and again the game is still fun to play (at times).

Good effort for my needs.

There are still enough baffling decisions that even I am not effected by them that makes me question if they won't pull the rug from out underneath me again tho. I hope Live gets their shit together to prvent that..but lolno.

also I normally don't complain about the soundtrack but holy fuck Pharell wtf...

Good to know on saving rosters locally. That was easily the single most annoying missing feature last year...completely baffling they ever thought it'd be a good idea to force online roster saves. That was enough to make me return it, but when they also jammed VC microtransactions up the wazoo and had the all time worst menu system it was a bad enough combo I almost wanted to light the game on fire instead of getting a refund. Thankfully it sounds like all 3 of these concerns have been addressed. Given the other issues people are noting I'm glad I didn't pre-order, but ill probably pick it up when it goes on sale for $30-$40.

afaik, myteam requires online. myplayer has online & offline, but you have to have sepearet myplayers (ie one for offline, one for online). quick match doesn't require any online. my gm and myleague i havent tried.

Thanks! As per Mik317's post, it sounds like MyLeague can be played offline. If so that's another needed improvement.

Brooks2304

Neo Member
Does anyone else today have to continue making their MyPLAYER faces and features? Don't exactly want to continue having to make a new face every time I wanna play.

The problem with 2K has never really ever been the gameplay. It's always been the servers. It's something they refuse to fix. I would pay full price if not more every year if this was fixed and working properly. Put this game on the EA servers and you got a monster hit every year.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I've played only one game thus far (Knicks vs Spurs) and some of the players have a weird sort of "black eyeliner" in their eye sockets. I don't know if it's a glitch, but I noticed that both Carmelo Anthony and Patty Mills have it and it looks awful, especially when they close their eyes.

iSYL0sQQ3pNBJ.jpg

ixeJqgd9LS6TY.jpg

I wonder if this is some form of new "black arms" glitch?

That's becaues the eyelashes and the area behind them are sharing the same texture/uv space. What you're seeing is the eyelashe texture being stretched out when the eyes close.

It's a easy thing to fix, not sure why it's there in a 2014 game

Am I the only one embarrassed to play myplayer? The story is so fuckin horrible, the dialogue, the acting, ugh...

This is truly the worst.

I couldn't imagine it being worse than last year's. Seriously, what in the living fuck were they thinking?

Your teammate sounds like a guy who failed high school 5 times and is now 35 and just decided to try to learn how to read.

Your agent...don't even get me started. Why did the game decide to make your game the agent bumbling idiot? I thought they were all about promoting professionalism :-(

The acting is over the top. I can't believe how much time they waste with shit in this mode and all others that I DO NOT CARE ABOUT!

newsguy

This is truly the worst.

I couldn't imagine it being worse than last year's. Seriously, what in the living fuck were they thinking?

Your teammate sounds like a guy who failed high school 5 times and is now 35 and just decided to try to learn how to read.

Your agent...don't even get me started. Why did the game decide to make your game the agent bumbling idiot? I thought they were all about promoting professionalism :-(

The acting is over the top. I can't believe how much time they waste with shit in this mode and all others that I DO NOT CARE ABOUT!

"It's in my DNA, yo..."

Had 14 on PS4 and have this one on PC, there is definitely a downgrade in visuals.

Can't quite put my finger on it, but the stadiums feel tiny, they make the gameplay cams look like toys playing in a shoebox. Also seems to be no real time lighting this year. Makes the stadiums look dead.

And while there are improvements visually where needed (tattoos are higher res this year, sweat looks better), there's some bugs with the hair, the eyes as seen above and nearly every classic player looks so much worse than last year. The whole classic Spurs team looks like they belong in another game, all tall, gangly and the faces are bad.

Even someone like AI has had a downgrade... (I think there's less polys in the game, wonder if the next gen engine coming to PC and possible performance differences with Xbone and PS4 had something to do with it)

2K14
1402953_1441047596115599_574339213_o.jpg

2K15
10633464_1579391325614558_3146091619562471130_o.jpg

This is truly the worst.

Maybe it's supposed to be comedic?

I've never had high expectations for all the acting parts of MyPlayer the but it's really the gameplay that makes up for it....

This year has me a bit worried due to the limited offline mode in which you have to participate in the park

Had 14 on PS4 and have this one on PC, there is definitely a downgrade in visuals.

Can't quite put my finger on it, but the stadiums feel tiny, they make the gameplay cams look like toys playing in a shoebox. Also seems to be no real time lighting this year. Makes the stadiums look dead.

And while there are improvements visually where needed (tattoos are higher res this year, sweat looks better), there's some bugs with the hair, the eyes as seen above and nearly every classic player looks so much worse than last year. The whole classic Spurs team looks like they belong in another game, all tall, gangly and the faces are bad.

Even someone like AI has had a downgrade... (I think there's less polys in the game, wonder if the next gen engine coming to PC and possible performance differences with Xbone and PS4 had something to do with it)

2K14
1402953_1441047596115599_574339213_o.jpg

2K15
10633464_1579391325614558_3146091619562471130_o.jpg

I got 2k15 on X1, had 2k14 on PS4. I definitely feel like the graphics aren't quite as good as last year. I agree that real time lighting seems toned down or absent, I don't really understand why.

Would be interested to see more comparison screens to see the difference.

This is truly the worst.

im ready to ball, lets go

my fav part is how your guy and agent are shit talking what is clearly a pretty nice apartment that probably wasn't cheap at all

Not exactly the same shot but still shows the difference in lighting. 15 is dull and lifeless :/
Edit: Too harsh. It still looks very, very good (and stunning in perfectly angled screens from replays) but it's darker, duller and even though the lighting in 14 wasn't mimicking real life, it seemed to look cleaner and more alive.

1522754_1454440314776327_1046643825_o.jpg

1658283_1579398742280483_3974707208337910222_o.jpg

Smokey

Thought it was just me who thought 2k15 graphics got worse

And the court feels smaller and not nearly as alive.

Thought it was just me who thought 2k15 graphics got worse

And the court feels smaller and not nearly as alive.

Definitely. The scale is off on the stadiums, the court seems shrunk (post players can shake hands with players in the 3pt corners) and 2K needs to stop mo-capping players on shorter rims because the height and air time on dunks is just off (not to mention 5 straight years of terrible hand/rim collision).

Is it me, or does the fact that the game forces a fictional coach upon you mean that shit is going to go down with him?

Either that or Jeff Hornacek no longer coaches the Suns

Doris Burke just asked me ""Is this game going to come down to hustle"?

you choose between "Yes this is about who wants it more" or "No it's about who scores more points"

so I chose the latter

which probably means worse team chemistry lol

gazele

Banned
Anyone lose their MyPlayer face scan to server issues and able to recover it? I really don't wanna do it again, it was basically perfect, ugh

lol what the fuck

after you finish your first 10 day contract....you get ANOTHER!

unless getting a B+ grade in 10 minutes as a big man wasn't enough

RS4-

lol what the fuck

after you finish your first 10 day contract....you get ANOTHER!

unless getting a B+ grade in 10 minutes as a big man wasn't enough

Yeah, I don't know if it's possible to get a contract after the first 10 days; I got picked up for the season after my second 10 day.

And as soon as I get placed into the starting lineup, my team proceeds to lose 6 in a row, from first in the east to fourth.

AI handling shit is weird. Ross, Amir, and DeMar are out of the starting 5, replaced by me, Lou Williams, and James Johnson. Wtf.

Yeah, I don't know if it's possible to get a contract after the first 10 days; I got picked up for the season after my second 10 day.

And as soon as I get placed into the starting lineup, my team proceeds to lose 6 in a row, from first in the east to fourth.

AI handling shit is weird. Ross, Amir, and DeMar are out of the starting 5, replaced by me, Lou Williams, and James Johnson. Wtf.

Please tell me it's because those guys are injured

That way I know I can stop wasting my time

I'm already losing my mind watching Isaiah Thomas ignore me on every single pick and roll

Why can't I save replays

so I can show everyone how Lillard tried dunking on me, and I didn't block or foul....he tried to dunk and the ball just went flying out of his hands LMAO

nvm I figured it out via PS share

Takuan

Tried connecting to 2K servers last night and couldn't, so didn't bother starting MyCareer since I figure the offline mode will be gimped like last year's was. Played a few quick games and noticed the better teammate AI immediately, as well as the slower pace. Shot stick didn't really take much getting used to, for the players I used it seemed like releasing at the top of the jumper would result in a fairly good shot. Going off a few games, things generally feel quite familiar.

Hopefully I get home early enough to be able to face scan. I still haven't quite figured out how to remove the circle stickers on the camera packaging though (the hairdyer method didn't seem to do the trick, although I may not have done it long enough).

I'm quite curious to see how well it'll be able to replicate Asian features.

I was gonna say, a lot of players actually look really good and like their counterparts

and then some guys look like they have never eaten before

ViciousDS

Banned
Tried connecting to 2K servers last night and couldn't, so didn't bother starting MyCareer since I figure the offline mode will be gimped like last year's was. Played a few quick games and noticed the better teammate AI immediately, as well as the slower pace. Shot stick didn't really take much getting used to, for the players I used it seemed like releasing at the top of the jumper would result in a fairly good shot. Going off a few games, things generally feel quite familiar.

Hopefully I get home early enough to be able to face scan. I still haven't quite figured out how to remove the circle stickers on the camera packaging though (the hairdyer method didn't seem to do the trick, although I may not have done it long enough).

I'm quite curious to see how well it'll be able to replicate Asian features.

wait.........theres stickers covering the camera lens? lol, if so then no wonder I had a hard time doing face scan yesterday

Not exactly the same shot but still shows the difference in lighting. 15 is dull and lifeless :/
Edit: Too harsh. It still looks very, very good (and stunning in perfectly angled screens from replays) but it's darker, duller and even though the lighting in 14 wasn't mimicking real life, it seemed to look cleaner and more alive.

1522754_1454440314776327_1046643825_o.jpg

1658283_1579398742280483_3974707208337910222_o.jpg

That looks even worse than your AI set. I don't understand this. The player models look lower poly. Its definitely not as clear as 2K14.

I would love to see a Digital Foundry for this game but I highly doubt it.

RS4-

Please tell me it's because those guys are injured

That way I know I can stop wasting my time

I'm already losing my mind watching Isaiah Thomas ignore me on every single pick and roll

Nah man, they're the next off the bench lol.

re: those screen shots, I'll assume console since PC has nothing to compare for 14 to 15. But I'll see how PC one looks.

Top Bottom