• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

NHale

That looks even worse than your AI set. I don't understand this. The player models look lower poly. Its definitely not as clear as 2K14.

I would love to see a Digital Foundry for this game but I highly doubt it.

Unfortunately NBA is not a popular sport in the UK so they don't even review it. Even Madden gets reviewed while there is total indifference for NBA (better than have someone without any knowledge of the sport reviewing the game like so many other outlets....), so Digital Foundry is very unlikely.

Maybe if there is some loud criticism asking them for a comparison...

I didn't bought NBA 2K15 (after being fooled by NBA 2K14 VC/online only scam) so far but comparing online footage from 2K14 vs 2K15 it definitely seems like NBA 2K14 looks better.

I'm playing against cleveland right now in mycareer and of course my team plays worse than normal. i'm on the pistons but still cleveland can do no wrong, i've hit open teammates and they miss consistently.

Takuan

Re: the graphics/lighting, I got the feeling that players generally they looked more natural. I didn't have a problem with last year's presentation (aside from key players not being face scanned), but sometimes things looked a bit too video-gamey, if that makes any sense.

I've also noticed better layup animations, especially with contact; good improvement from last year. Some transitional animations seem a bit jerky, but part of that is me re-familiarizing myself with the iso controls; I don't even know how to explode out of the idle dribble (diagonal right on the r-stick).

wait.........theres stickers covering the camera lens? lol, if so then no wonder I had a hard time doing face scan yesterday

No no, the packaging itself. I don't intend on keeping the thing so I need to make sure it looks unopened.

yo damn Kyrie Irving is a fucking problem. Ankles being broken left and right.
On Sim Pro difficulty I was destroying Parker with him. LeBron is generally beast, too (as he should be).

Lrrr

That's becaues the eyelashes and the area behind them are sharing the same texture/uv space. What you're seeing is the eyelashe texture being stretched out when the eyes close.

The darkness in their eye sockets is there even when their eyes are open. It's like they're wearing makeup.

As for the graphics, yes, there's definitely been a downgrade and it's very apparent on some player faces. Last year, some players had a photorealistic quality to them. This year, it's gone. They still look good, but not as good and I have a theory as to why. Last year, there was a HUGE visual disparity between the players who were scanned and those who weren't. I believe 2K lessened the photorealistic quality of the scanned players this year to better match the players who still haven't been (or refuse to be). As for the lighting being changed, I don't have a theory on that one, but I am glad that the super shiny reflective courts from 2K14 have been toned down drastically.

Is anyone actually liking the new shot meter? I find I hit way less shots because I'm busy looking at the meter and not the natural peak of the shooter's jump. Where in the menus can we turn it off?

That was me in the first game last night. I'll have to continue experimenting before I get a handle on this new shot meter.

I noticed something that I thought was very cool in 2K15. I was getting blown out by the Spurs and so in the 4th quarter, the majority of fans had left the arena. If this was in previous 2K's, I never noticed it, but it was very apparent in my game last night.

iEg0TkrOY9TVM.jpg

i7bNi020O7woB.jpg

SeZMehK

In my player when I was playing last night, I was put onto the Magic since I couldn't choose the Knicks. I score 15+ a game, a couple of steals/game however, my team mates are utterly shit. I barely get playing time too, lol. Currently on my second 10 day contract and a losing streak of 5. :/

cripterion

2K15 on pc looks much better to me than 2K14 when it comes to graphics.The crowd improved too, they are definitely louder during the final minutes of a close game.

Had a good finish today!

Oh and legends faces aren't that well made but you can clearly see they improved the actual NBA players.

Does this game deserve the reviews it's been getting? Seeing all this online-connected bullshit persist is extremely disappointing.

Also, what are the differences between last-gen and current-gen versions of the game (besides graphics obviously).

Takuan

2K15 on pc looks much better to me than 2K14 when it comes to graphics.The crowd improved too, they are definitely louder during the final minutes of a close game.

Had a good finish today!

Oh and legends faces aren't that well made but you can clearly see they improved the actual NBA players.
Yeah 2K14 PC didn't get the makeover; that was console-only.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
no

they have "2kU" vidoes and a freestyle practice session where you can mess around with moves, but nothing that hand holds like skills trainer

ah dang it. I've always wanted to get into 2K, but could never get a grip on the controls and movement of the game.

How is 2K15 on the PC this year? Last year's game was borked especially with online association trying to advance to season 2. Is this year's game in pretty good shape?

wowzors

Picked this up via walmart. Is this worth playing/keeping or should I just return it? I had NBA 2k14 on ps4 is this basically the same game as last year?

ViciousDS

Banned
The darkness in their eye sockets is there even when their eyes are open. It's like they're wearing makeup.

As for the graphics, yes, there's definitely been a downgrade and it's very apparent on some player faces. Last year, some players had a photorealistic quality to them. This year, it's gone. They still look good, but not as good and I have a theory as to why. Last year, there was a HUGE visual disparity between the players who were scanned and those who weren't. I believe 2K lessened the photorealistic quality of the scanned players this year to better match the players who still haven't been (or refuse to be). As for the lighting being changed, I don't have a theory on that one, but I am glad that the super shiny reflective courts from 2K14 have been toned down drastically.

Didn't this happen with 2K over the years on the 360 and PS3? It started off with that insane sweat commercial for photorealism. As they added more animations it got worse and worse

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
they've had something similar to skills trainer in the last 3 versions of the game. don't know why they removed it here.

good thing john wall isn't elite

oh there's something like that in 2K14? I could pick that up and learn on that.

AcridMeat

Banned
Damn...my big man from the Pelicans went down with a broken ankle (after making a jumpshot) and then I proceeded to get absolutely bodied by the Magic, think we lost by 10. Drew Gooden is not the center we deserved. I've never seen so many missed lay ups and offensive rebounds conceded in my life. The only rebounds we secured seemed to be when I'd go in with the point guard (habit from myplayer, I always play point so crash the boards with them).

Takuan

Damn...my big man from the Pelicans went down with a broken ankle (after making a jumpshot) and then I proceeded to get absolutely bodied by the Magic, think we lost by 10. Drew Gooden is not the center we deserved. I've never seen so many missed lay ups and offensive rebounds conceded in my life. The only rebounds we secured seemed to be when I'd go in with the point guard (habit from myplayer, I always play point so crash the boards with them).

From what I'm reading on OS, My Career seems to have its own settings that are skewed against you. Your teammates will miss everything and the opponent's scrubs will light you up. Reminds me a bit of last year's game, really.

Has anyone bothered trying The Park? Seems like the network stuff wasn't quite sorted out, but people are used to this by now.

That was in MyTeam.
Ah, okay. No idea there, not gonna fuck with that at all.

can you play multiple seasons?

also, wish there were replays for stuff other than dunks. like blocks, steals->fast breaks, etc

Servers having issues and so it just wipes my NBA player's looks but keeps his progress?

What the fucking fuck?

Enjoying the game other than that slight set back.

ColdMilk

This game just got on my last nerve. I had not bought an NBA 2K game in several years but I decided to jump back in but I find this game a convoluted mess.

I create a player once the game boots up, cool. I connect online afterwards and it just completely disregards the player I just created and it gives me a generic pre made one. I had to go through that whole process yet again.

I go to the store and nothing loads. Fine. I jump in the career mode and play a few games. The whole saving/loading just completely kills the flow of this. I go to practice and accidentally hit X and now I'm heading to my next game. Damn it!

I finish the game up and once it tries to save it says that my profile can't be found and it kicks me back to the main menu and all of the VC I had earned is lost. And don't even get me started on that fucking 2KTV video that plays EVERY SINGLE FUCKING time that you go into the main menu.

I feel as though they try and put too much in these sports titles. In a way I wish that things were much simpler like they were in the OG 2K games. Sometimes I just want to play some ball without all of the fancy shit. I also wish the NBA Street series would come back, hell I would even settle for an HD version of Street V2.

Anyways, I tried but I'm not putting up with this game nor am I willing to wait weeks or months for things to be fixed with their servers etc. Going to get Shadow of Mordor instead.

Onemic

Anyone notice that the 'send player on cut' command doesnt even work?

That's pretty gamebreaking at higher levels of play, especially in MyPlayer if you play a PG(me)

rambis

Banned
Mixed feelings about the shot meter. I know technically, if you shoot it just right in real life you can hit every shot but it seems to easy here for some players. I scored 15 straight points with KD in a quarter and it kinda felt like cheese.

Takuan

Mixed feelings about the shot meter. I know technically, if you shoot it just right in real life you can hit every shot but it seems to easy here for some players. I scored 15 straight points with KD in a quarter and it kinda felt like cheese.

What difficulty?

Double D

I must have missed the point where I was supposed to name MyPlayer, because I guess his name is just Darius West now. Anyone know if I can change it now?

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Jesus, this is my second NBA game after getting 2K14 last year on the PS4. I can barely play My Career due to constant server disconnections. The stupid game keeps telling me that the game save attached to my career is not available to download from 2k servers. Can this game be played without an internet connection, and if so, what am I losing out on?

Ryan_

Sooooooo

For someone who has recently bought a PS4, never played a NBA 2k game but wants to try one, should I go with 14 or 15?

I'm sense a lot of frustration in this thread regarding the new one.

Clevinger

I already got hit with that bug where it resets your MyCareer player's face and it picked a new random name.

Thankfully all the stats and progress remained.

parasight

Man these servers are just as trash as last year. MyTeam literally unplayable. Can't even navigate menus without getting disconnected.

Takuan

Give 'em a few weeks to sort things out. It took about that long last year to get the game to a playable level, and even then some modes were unplayable for much longer (online play, for the most part).

Give 'em a few weeks to sort things out. It took about that long last year to get the game to a playable level, and even then some modes were unplayable for much longer (online play, for the most part).

I don't quite understand how they fail at launch every single year

Lrrr

That's like buying a phone and then saying to give the phone company a few weeks to fix their lines before you can make calls. An online dependent game should have properly working servers when it's released. This is not a new problem for 2KSports.

newsguy

That's like buying a phone and then saying to give the phone company a few weeks to fix their lines before you can make calls. An online dependent game should have properly working servers when it's released. This is not a new problem for 2KSports.

Correct. I hate it when people act like we need to do more than pay $60. If you can't get your shit together don't put the goddamn features behind an online only format. I shouldn't need to rely on 2K's god awful servers to help my player shoot a better jumpshot. It's fucking absurd that I can't do something basic like buy attribute points without getting an error message. Shit, today I can't even enter the mycareer mode at all. I've always been one of those guys who likes this series offline, so when people complain that the netcode sucks and online is garbage I've never been affected. Now that their shitty online issues have infiltrated the offline aspects I'm pissed.

RS4-

I must have missed the point where I was supposed to name MyPlayer, because I guess his name is just Darius West now. Anyone know if I can change it now?

it's in the options, something about my player. Console is probably the same, but in the main menu, you should be able to make a new player straight from the My Career option.

One of the annoying parts about creating your char is the first option completely resets your choices (other than name, height, etc); say you use face 10 as the base, then customize it, but find out it looks like shit (almost all of them do). If you switch to another face, have fun starting all over again.

And yeah, My Career is completely fucked when you get into the starting lineup. Ross and DeMar get < 20 MPG. It probably happens regardless of what team you're on.

Top Bottom