• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

So once you start getting my player going past the 10-day contracts it seems like this is how it works

I play on HOF so if a game says "350 VC" which is the salary you earn for finishing that game, you'll get 700 for completing it (HOF multiplier is 2X) Anything you do in game is separate and then added on top of that
I don't like the difficulty modifier, it penalizes people who aren't that good at the game. If you do rookie then you get .5X vc.

MCasey

I'm having so much fun with this game. I was the OKC Thunder playing against the Warriors and it is scary how realistic the players are. Especially Kevin Durant. His shot is spot on and you can use his length to your advantage.
The court spacing seems way better than last year as well.
This game is much better than last years IMO.
And if you want to show off the atmosphere in one of the NBA arenas, play in Golden State. The colors pop and it just seems way more lively than some other arenas.

tookhster

The halftime interviews look so dumb. There isn't one generic pose anymore, but Doris Burke and the player/coach's mouths move like puppets and it totally looks fake. They didn't even try to like BS the mouth syncing. It might sound like a nitpick but it really stands out when the actual gameplay looks realistic.

Speaking of halftime, I can't believe they downgraded the halftime show just for Ernie and Shaq (who get old fast when scripted) and freaking mo cap cheerleader dances. The last gen versions for like the past 3 years have had a guy that goes all in depth with what's going on at halftime and now we get this.

I wish they paid their people to work more or hired more competent people to deal with the online portion of the game instead of wasting time getting Ernie and Shaq

overcast

Haven't played a 2K in years. Is it worth it? I am a huge basketball fan, so probably.

I have loved past entries. Think the last one I bought was 2K12.

AcridMeat

Banned
Once it works properly it will be a fantastic game. I'd say if you can wait a couple weeks to see if the servers stabilize, do it.

Onemic

Has anyones myplayer randomly been deleted? It happened to me today and it also happened to my buddies myplayer yesterday. It also wont let me create a new myplayer either....So it seems like ive been effectively locked out from playing myplayer entirely and with it any online features as well. damn it 2k...

IdrisOllie

Neo Member
I haven't played 2K14 on PS4 so I decided to buy 2K15 yesterday. Can anyone give me some tips on how to get players shooting forms right? I assumed that you have to get the shot accuracy bar/circle underneath a player to the middle point where that line is. Am I assuming right? Because it's been very inconsistent for me even with players with a 90+ 3-Point shooting rating

has anybody gone through the cut scenes where (insert token veteran teammate) goes to your house and tells you a bunch of useless shit, then your agent brings dante exum over and there's a little bitch fight?

this is dumb lol

Has anyones myplayer randomly been deleted? It happened to me today and it also happened to my buddies myplayer yesterday. It also wont let me create a new myplayer either....So it seems like ive been effectively locked out from playing myplayer entirely and with it any online features as well. damn it 2k...

Yup, had to do it three times and on the 4th I expected it to get erased but it saved lol :/

I changed his name x look in the options though B^)

ViciousDS

Banned
I haven't played 2K14 on PS4 so I decided to buy 2K15 yesterday. Can anyone give me some tips on how to get players shooting forms right? I assumed that you have to get the shot accuracy bar/circle underneath a player to the middle point where that line is. Am I assuming right? Because it's been very inconsistent for me even with players with a 90+ 3-Point shooting rating

On the bottom of that circle there is a blue bar that will get smaller the further away from the basket. Hitting inside that blue bar is the same as getting an excellent release in past games. The center bar is Perfect, 100% it will go in no matter what from what I have experienced. When you get perfect the entire bar flashes green. Also spacing, defense pressure and movement play a HUGE role this time. Also, its been stated not every open 3 point is made, just like in real life. Most of them are made, However not all of them are.

IdrisOllie

Neo Member
On the bottom of that circle there is a blue bar that will get smaller the further away from the basket. Hitting inside that blue bar is the same as getting an excellent release in past games. The center bar is Perfect, 100% it will go in no matter what from what I have experienced. When you get perfect the entire bar flashes green. Also spacing, defense pressure and movement play a HUGE role this time. Also, its been stated not every open 3 point is made, just like in real life. Most of them are made, However not all of them are.

Oh okay, got it. Thanks

derek212

has anybody gone through the cut scenes where (insert token veteran teammate) goes to your house and tells you a bunch of useless shit, then your agent brings dante exum over and there's a little bitch fight?

this is dumb lol

It was dumb !
How's he goona come to my crib and disrespect me !

I wish they'd tell you how to earn more badges or to get more attribute points to upgrade your guy (You start out with 75, now I'm at 76 after I finished my second 10-day contract"

But for badges, I got "Spark plug" first, and I just got "cool and collected" and "Screen outlet"...I wonder how I unlock those though.

gazele

Banned

this is dumb lol

Haha, I liked it just cause I'm a jazz fan

Hope they get the server issues figured out, cause to me the gameplay seems much better than last year, at least for my player

Although my face scan got deleted again yesterday and I'm debating even using it because my face looks much brighter than the rest of the body, probably because I'm so pale haha but it looks weird

Waiting for the game to unlock, sucks that Australia has to wait in line with the UK release date. They should not have released the PHYSICAL pc version (technically it's just the steam code + KD code in a slimline cover) until Saturday morning.

RS4-

Swept by the Cavs by an avg of 12 pts per game.

Anyway, what the fuck. Why the hell am I doing some Around the World thing...as a big.

ViciousDS

Banned
What an embarrassing company 2K has degenerated into. Where's that quote from their company rep who said they had two of their top guys work on the games netcode?

You mean

Jones also stated that the team’s top engineers have devoted all of NBA 2K15’s development time working on the previous network issues.

So I saw on my guy's twitter screen, that I got a new endorsement. So I got my VC from it, and my agent says "Hey go mention them, something could happen"

Went to do that, and nothing happened, but then I noticed I could press X by my agent's name, so I do that. Your two options are "Say hey" or "Cancel"

I said hey and my guy tweets out : "Just a reminder. @#1AgentWillRegan - you're not my friend, you're my agent"

SAY HEY!!!

Onemic

ok...wtf is this bullshit. Got my myplayer account again and I decided to buy some points....I really shouldnt have. Well got the points(5 bucks worth)put it into my attributes and then 2k decides to boot me out of the server. Come back to my myplayer to find that my money has been wasted and ALL my stats reset. So these POS's pretty much stole money from me. I want my refund 2k.

Pezking

I just want to play an offline single player season with my beloved Spurs and some quick matches with visiting friends once in while.

Would I be affected by the server issues as well?

Sooooooo

For someone who has recently bought a PS4, never played a NBA 2k game but wants to try one, should I go with 14 or 15?

I'm sense a lot of frustration in this thread regarding the new one.

Anyone who tells you 2k14 is crazy. 2k15 is far and away the better game. Its the server problems that are the real cause of anger. Which existed in 2k14 as well.

Dranakin

Can anyone recommend a good tutorial on all the mechanics of gameplay (YouTube or otherwise)? I always just played as a GM, but I want to try the MyPlayer mode or whatever. Just going over the controls and modifiers, gameplay seems pretty complex.

Lrrr

Can anyone recommend a good tutorial on all the mechanics of gameplay (YouTube or otherwise)? I always just played as a GM, but I want to try the MyPlayer mode or whatever. Just going over the controls and modifiers, gameplay seems pretty complex.

Have you tried watching the 2KU videos included with the game?

Lol even the status page is down.

Click on the platform to get the status . . . PS4, Xbone, and PC all say:
Services Limited
2014-10-08 23:53:33
We are experiencing temporary service interruptions that may affect various game modes. We appreciate your patience and are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

FFS, get your act together.

Edit: Wait . . . it has been broken since last night when GAFfers were trying to play. You guys broke it. ;-)

ViciousDS

Banned
Alright on my way back from work, time to continue my career

Edit: add me on psn so we can chat while playing....im not doing mypark till i get better with my player

PSN: SC-ViciousDS

this is dumb lol
Wait till you get further into the season, where you have some bullshit "drama" with your teammates.

Yea, I wish they'd explain how to get certain badges. The only theming I remember is to keep doing thing and you unlock them eventually.

if i start a franchise mode game now with the servers being down will i be missing out on any features ? or is that mode completely separate from online. I don't want to be fucked out on VC or some random syncing feature just bc i want to start my franchise now, i'd rather wait if i'm going to miss out on something. but i haven't played a 2k franchise in years so i have no idea if it'll affect anything. i'm on pc

ViciousDS

Banned
if i start a franchise mode game now with the servers being down will i be missing out on any features ? or is that mode completely separate from online. I don't want to be fucked out on VC or some random syncing feature just bc i want to start my franchise now, i'd rather wait if i'm going to miss out on something. but i haven't played a 2k franchise in years so i have no idea if it'll affect anything. i'm on pc

Vc wont be saved but i just checked by playing a game. It saved MyGM progress however my VC reset. So if you don't care about the fact you can't earn VC your good. You still get XP and level up though to gain perks

Huh, think 2K is stealing my VC points when I buy something and then kicked back to the main menu from failing to connect to the server. Not off to a great week 2K.

Onemic

Huh, think 2K is stealing my VC points when I buy something and then kicked back to the main menu from failing to connect to the server. Not off to a great week 2K.

Yup, already happened to me. Worst of all they reset all my stats and took my points which I bought as well.

Im done playing 2k until they fix their shit and give me back my points(or refund my money I spent on them)

Top Bottom