• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

LMAO. That's a fine OT, Blablurn.
qQLfHCr.gif

Will get the ps4 version day one
If online works

Coolade

i'm in, just concerned about them still keeping game modes and saves online, and how true to their word they are about turning down VC microtransations.

To my knowledge they claimed to have taken the VC out of MyGm mode. As an alternative there is a new "high rollers" mode where you can gamble up to 45,000VC per game online against other opponents. This mode alone will drive people to buy micro transactions if they have that gambling addiction personality tick. Kind of suspect but as long as I can run a GM mode without microtransactions involved I'll be happy.

SOURCE:
It’s time to put your VC where your mouth is. Step up to one of the courts and Ante-Up the amount of VC displayed. Win and you split the pot with your team. Lose and you’ll be walking off the court with lighter pockets. Squads are supported here as well. The Stage is available exclusively on PS4 for 30 days.
For those of you that enjoy high-stakes gaming, we have the High Rollers area, where your highest limits will forever live exclusively on PS4, with Ante amounts up to 45,000VC for a single game! http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/01/nba-2k15-mypark-and-ps4-exclusives-detailed/

NickFire

Great title.

Hoping they have an option to let at least friends play unranked against each other online with custom rosters containing created characters. If so and online works, I may have no choice but to get this.

To my knowledge they claimed to have taken the VC out of MyGm mode. As an alternative there is a new "high rollers" mode where you can gamble up to 45,000VC per game online against other opponents. This mode alone will drive people to buy micro transactions if they have that gambling addiction personality tick. Kind of suspect but as long as I can run a GM mode without microtransactions involved I'll be happy.

SOURCE:

VC is still in MyGM, there is a separate association/franchise mode that doesn't require VC called MyLeague. MyLeague is basically the old Association Mode for play offline.

Coolade

VC is still in MyGM, there is a separate association/franchise mode that doesn't require VC called MyLeague. MyLeague is basically the old Association Mode for play offline.

So you're telling me I still have to split Virtual Currency between MyPlayer and MyGM mode? effectively neutering the maximum potential of playing both modes at the same time for another year? In a game i'd be paying $60 for? Sigh. Another no sale for me.

So you're telling me I still have to split Virtual Currency between MyPlayer and MyGM mode? effectively neutering the maximum potential of playing both modes at the same time for another year? In a game i'd be paying $60 for? Sigh. Another no sale for me.

You can always use the 2k app that never works to get your daily VC and speed up boosting your player in MyPlayer and MyGM LOL!!!

Takuan

I said I wouldn't out of principal due to last year's fuckery with the VC and garbage netcode... but I couldn't turn down the $35 pre-order price. Now I kind of want the PS4 camera for that face-scan thing. Them shits ever go on sale?

haha based OT, nice

i will pick it up on the xbox one and then use my tablet/phone to try to scan celebs or etc in the game.

i loved my career last and this year adds a good twist, gtfo jackson ellis

Fjordson

Dope OP. I skipped last year, but will probably pick this up for PS4. Need to dive back in to My Player mode (or whatever it's called now).

zychi

Banned
where's the cheapest place to get this on pc? ill grab it if i can get it under $30. usually it drops down to $25 pc around black friday

i will pick it up on the xbox one and then use my tablet/phone to try to scan celebs or etc in the game.

Sorry to disappoint, but the scanning is for 3D space. It requires you to turn your head so it can scan the shape of it. 2D things shouldn't work. :/

If you happen to have "celebs or ect" hanging around your home, though, then you're good to go.

Anyway, I'm really tempted to get this next week, but I feel like I should wait, even though I really want it. Heh.

Are we confident about the PC version? I know its supposed to be identical to next gen this year... I'm a bit worried about the port though. A few years back 2K on PC was a stuttering mess.

Tempted to switch from X1 peorder to PC because GRAFIX

Coolade

MyGM works off an XP system this year instead of VC..

Ok that's what I had originally thought. That was the main component of my decision making for this years game. As long as VC stays only in my player and the new gambling high rollers mode then I'll be perfectly fine with it.

I completely ignored this obvious money sink mode last year, and I will gladly do it again. What I like about 2K15 is that they've removed VC from the standard game modes - that's what matters.

That's my plan also... I'm avoiding the whole money sync aspect of the game.

ViciousDS

Banned
That's my plan also... I'm avoiding the whole money sync aspect of the game.

This year....its basically just MyTeam, as you can still create a great player in MyCareer without spending a dime, also MyLeague/MyGM no longer use VC but an xp system this time around.

It really is a great update compared to last years crap we got.

Also you can earn VC if I'm aware in MyLeague while playing the mode. Meaning XP only used, VC is just a bonus as you play through it.

YUP

The first question is the question everyone is wondering, will virtual currency play any role in MyLEAGUE?

VC doesn’t play any part in this mode, except that you can earn VC as games are played. MyLEAGUE was created specifically for members in our community that wanted a way to spend their time playing the game at its core.

This year....its basically just MyTeam, as you can still create a great player in MyCareer without spending a dime, also MyLeague/MyGM no longer use VC but an xp system this time around.

It really is a great update compared to last years crap we got.

Also you can earn VC if I'm aware in MyLeague while playing the mode. Meaning XP only used, VC is just a bonus as you play through it.

YUP

If that's true this will be sports game of the year this year

ViciousDS

Banned
If that's true this will be sports game of the year this year

Last year MyCareer wasn't the problem, MyTeam was always a VC hog, but fricken MyGM ruined any credibility the game had. So much abuse just to have interviews, and pump people up. Seriously this is the greatest 2K I think since 2K11.....it's got so many things finally going due to feedback.

I still think NBA Live brought them to do this as well. Sure NBA Live isn't much to people, but to me they are making an effort to challenge 2K....and you can't 100% say they would have done THIS MUCH without someone attempting to take there crown. This is why NFL 2K needs to come back, competition even if one sided is still good for everyone. Hype gets generated for NBA Live....Visual Concepts see it, and goes balls blazing this year.

Last year MyCareer wasn't the problem, MyTeam was always a VC hog, but fricken MyGM ruined any credibility the game had. So much abuse just to have interviews, and pump people up. Seriously this is the greatest 2K I think since 2K11.....it's got so many things finally going due to feedback.

I still think NBA Live brought them to do this as well. Sure NBA Live isn't much to people, but to me they are making an effort to challenge 2K....and you can't 100% say they would have done THIS MUCH without someone attempting to take there crown. This is why NFL 2K needs to come back, competition even if one sided is still good for everyone. Hype gets generated for NBA Live....Visual Concepts see it, and goes balls blazing this year.

you're absolutely right. they seem to put out their best product when NBA Live creeps back into the picture.

zychi

Banned
To the people with decent PCs, buy the PC version, download a trainer, don't worry about VC again. I don't play sports games to earn credits, so fuck dealing with 2ks garbage.

hunchback

How easy is this to play? I have never spent any time playing a basketball video game. Are the controls difficult to learn or are they pretty straight forward?

Takuan

you a redflager at all???
Yeah, but not under this nick and I don't frequent that often now that there's the Canadian Gaming Deals thread.

Grinding VC in MyCareer was a bitch, though. I used the companion app and got addicted to that blasted card battle game, hahaha.

Expecting 2K15 to be more robust this time around, but at the same time I'm keeping my hype levels in check. For the most part, I expect a very close experience when it comes to on-court gameplay.

I wouldn't put it past them to make exp a grind in the supposed non-VC modes, and to allow users to buy exp packages. Last year's VC patch was straight up dirty.

The online experience is still probably going to be embarrassingly bad.

Top Bottom